Take Ray Peat To The Extreme

EIRE24

I poop a lot now, ~4 times a day. This is probably a good thing but it can be inconvenient.
And you prepare them by boiling for 1 hour? Is that correct? You mix them with anything or eat them straight?

OP
encerent

encerent

And you prepare them by boiling for 1 hour? Is that correct? You mix them with anything or eat them straight?

I add some water and salt, boil low for 90 minutes until most of the water evaporates.

I'll have a ton of mushrooms for the week, which I'll add to various meals I eat.

M

member 2106

@EIRE24 Cheese goes pretty well with mushrooms, especially when melted on top.

@encerent What about slow-cooked oxtail for the gelatin?

OP
encerent

encerent

@EIRE24 Cheese goes pretty well with mushrooms, especially when melted on top.

@encerent What about slow-cooked oxtail for the gelatin?

Oxtail is great for a nutrients and has a bit of gelatin. I'm going to start doing more and more beef tendon (which is pure gelatin) to replace the Great Lakes powder I have now when it runs out.

sladerunner69

What are some "extreme" RP/Pro-metabolic things you do?

Me:

1. Bought MCT and bought hydrogenated coconut oil to replace my coconut oil and get rid of that little bit of PUFA/MUFA.
2. Sit under various red lights whenever I'm at home and awake so maybe ~4 hrs average.
3. Eat 1 lb of liver a week. (will go down to .5lbs now though)
4. 2+ grames of following amino acids/day: taurine, tyrosine, lysine, BBCA. And 60 grams of gelatin.
4. Tried almost all idealab sups (sticking with just a few now though, and probably not gonna use any of the "research" ones long term.)
5. 3 pounds of mushrooms a week.
6. When going out to restaurants or whatever will only eat/drink coke or pepsi.
7. 45-90 mg of vitamin K / day.
Yeeepee.

Way to go bro! that's what I love to see. A fully committed peatardo like my self. Coconut oil is for tumor-growers! Did you know there is almost ONE HALF gram of PUFA in 5 tablespoons! Sorry cocobutterbuddies, but that is TOXIC! no way around it... That is like consuming 50 grams of PUFA in just one year! No one with a supercharged, red hot metabolism is eeating pufa-tainted coconut oil or donkey butter, they are surely all about 100% pure MCT oil! It is the only option for a true metabolad!

Just lovin the other amino acids you are taking

Be sure to keep us posted on those wicked results brah! You'll be sporting that round face, flawlissssssp skin and 12% bodyfat in moon time!

EIRE24

Oxtail is great for a nutrients and has a bit of gelatin. I'm going to start doing more and more beef tendon (which is pure gelatin) to replace the Great Lakes powder I have now when it runs out.
How do you get the beef tendon? Is it just as easy as going to the butcher and asking for it?

jyb

Extreme peating would require (1) a LOT of money and (2) an ultra low stress lifestyle. Many people have one or the other but having both is quite rare.

A few years ago, I did an expensive experiment (litres of homemade OJ daily, unlimited budget to test supplements, etc) while enjoying a light work load (I was essentially master of my own schedule most days). However in retrospect my health went downhill if anything, but I learnt a lot from this experiment. I do think I need above average money and freedom, but that's it...

Last edited:
M

member 2106

That does sound tasty. What kind of mushrooms do you use and do they have to be organic or is it preferable?

Organic is usually better, and I like different types of mushrooms. It's very tasty!