Suspected sulphur intolerance and issues with fat

M

member 14952

I experience trouble with many foods and get bloated, get brain fog and digestive issues from them. Mostly animal foods that I won’t be giving up for ever
I took a stool test which showed interesting results: high LPS-producing bacteria, low methane- and hydrogen producing bacteria, low butyrate producers and low h2s producers with the exception of bilophila wadsworthia, which was very high. Also very high sutterella, which I don’t know much about.

My idea is that I have an issue with sulfur and bile. Possibly, I’m low in molybdenum, which is involved in sulfur metabolism.
I will up my intake of that mineral and keep fat and high sulfur foods low for a while.

Vins7

I experience trouble with many foods and get bloated, get brain fog and digestive issues from them. Mostly animal foods that I won’t be giving up for ever
I took a stool test which showed interesting results: high LPS-producing bacteria, low methane- and hydrogen producing bacteria, low butyrate producers and low h2s producers with the exception of bilophila wadsworthia, which was very high. Also very high sutterella, which I don’t know much about.

My idea is that I have an issue with sulfur and bile. Possibly, I’m low in molybdenum, which is involved in sulfur metabolism.
I will up my intake of that mineral and keep fat and high sulfur foods low for a while.
You should being vengan for some weeks to test if you have that dysbiosis/sulphur intolerance.

milk_lover

Doesn't sulphur act like an antibiotics? Maybe it's the fighting your bacteria. Do you eat insoluble fiber?

youngsinatra

Low biliary output can causes overgrowth of fungi and bacteria, especially in the small intestine. Bile sterilizes the intestine and promotes peristalsis. Whenever I hear SIBO or dysbiosis in general, I immediately think - poor bile flow.

Vins7

Low biliary output can causes overgrowth of fungi and bacteria, especially in the small intestine. Bile sterilizes the intestine and promotes peristalsis. Whenever I hear SIBO or dysbiosis in general, I immediately think - poor bile flow.
And what do you recommend for testing if poor bile flow is the main culprit of the dysbiosis?
Taking something for helping with bile production/flow and noticing if this corrects the gut issues?

youngsinatra

And what do you recommend for testing if poor bile flow is the main culprit of the dysbiosis?
Taking something for helping with bile production/flow and noticing if this corrects the gut issues?
How is your gallbladder working? Do you have good bile flow?

Good signs: brown, well-formed stool, good tolerance to fats, good gut motility.
Bad signs: pale, yellow, loose, undigested food in stool, fat malabsorption, upper right quadrant abdominal tension, constipation.

Bile flow is essential to sterilize the small intestine and keep it that way. Many get re-occuring SIBO when the root cause of it is not also found and fixed. (bile stagnation, low motility, low HCL..)

OP
M

member 14952

I do eat insoluble fiber. I don’t have sibo and by definition of the company that did my test, I don’t even have dysbiosis (up for debate). Bilophila wadsworthia thrives on bile and sulphur. Bile flow surely is suboptimal but increasing output via taurine has not helped so far. Though, I agree that it would help with Sibo.
Gastric acid should help too (b1 helps)

Sulfur or h2s acting as an antibiotic to get rid of excess bacteria sounds interesting. It also fights candida but I tested negative for it.

Ideally, more molybdenum helps absorb the sulfur from my gut, bilophila wadsworthia starves out, bile flow improves and high sulphur and fatty foods become tolerable again and so on. Will update

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals