Supplement List

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

juanitacarlos

Charlie said:
embs2001 said:
Any sources of benadryl with minimal additives?
:1

I use something similar to Benadryl - Kirklands Allergy Medicine (diphenhydramine HCI 25mg) - it pretty much has every nasty excipient you can imagine. But I just soak the pills in water, and then strain with a small piece of cheese cloth or a coffee filter. It's not perfect, but it gets rid of most of the solid bits. Diphenhydramine is water soluble. I get the same physical effect when soaking as I do when swallowing the pills. Like I said, not perfect, but less harmful I'm hoping.

Dan W

Good idea, thanks ttramone.

I came across Benadryl Dye-Free, which is way better than the other diphenhydramine products I've found. It's just diphenhydramine, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, and some sort of edible ink on the capsules. Not my ideal ingredient list, but good enough in a pinch.

A

Adnada

Thanks for the compilation, Mandarina! Can you tell me more about the Farberware cookware you recommend? Is it magnetic, as Ray has specified in regards to stainless steel?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes its magnetic and yes it is what Ray Peat suggests.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think its a pretty darn good price. I bought a set and am very happy with them.

G

gene

wilderness family farms coconut oil - best $ and quality i've found

Birdie

Supplement List (pregnenolone)

So, I received an order of pregnenolone powder from BAC (Beyond a Century) and checking the bottle saw no source. I called Nature's Purest in W LA who's name is on the label. There, I was told, "We bottled that product for BAC. We know nothing about it. Just bottled it at their request." Then I was advised to call BAC for any source info.

Then, I did call BAC. There I was told they were not sure of the country of origin. Questioning a little more, I was told that the old BAC pregnenolone was sourced from China. Then, that most supps in the industry is sourced in China, or at least parts of each supp. Then that these days we need to be more concerned about India sourced, since there are not many regulations etc. (I've read quite a bit on this lately and am sure you have too.Hard to know what to believe.) He pointed out, what we also know, that "Made in the USA" can still be sourced in China.

I concluded that this powder is probably from China.

Then, I asked about the fineness of the powder and he said it was very fine.
BTW, very expensive at 20 g for about $ 22.00.

Maybe this will be of some help to somebody. I always appreciate when others submit these details in the forum.
I'll try to get back regarding the fineness of the powder once we open a new bottle.

Dan W

Useful info, thanks Birdie. I think they're right about most supplements coming from China or India, I'm guessing 95% of the time I ask a company for a country of origin, it's one of those two.

Green

I found an Assured brand Aspirin (140 tabs) at a local Dollar Tree that only lists Aspirin (active) and starch (inactive) as the ingredients.

G

gummybear

Does anyone knows about red light lamps that you can buy from any european store?

Rivka

Can someone please recommend a good charcoal product made from coconut shells? Just to confirm would this be the type of charcoal Ray Peat recommends? Thank you

tara

Rivka said:
Can someone please recommend a good charcoal product made from coconut shells? Just to confirm would this be the type of charcoal Ray Peat recommends? Thank you
Dan's page shows some options:
http://www.toxinless.com/activated-charcoal

I got 1kg Charcoal House Activated charcoal powder, and I am happy with it, but since then I've heard other brands may be cheaper. I expect powder to be cheaper than capsules or tablets, and more practical for larger doses. I have used about a heaped tbsp weekly at times.

tomisonbottom

mandarina said:
Vitamin A

Nutrisorb Vitamin A - 0.60 oz, Interplexus Inc.

Calcium

Eggshell Powder is optimal. Looking for a commercial source, please suggest if you know one. Oyster shell is second best.

Oyster Shell Powder 2.2 lbs

Vitamin E

To be updated...

Vitamin D

Carlson Labs Ddrops Liquid Vitamin D3 4000 IU

Country Life Vitamin D3 2500IU 200 Softgels

Vitamin K

Vitamin K2 Liquid - 1 fl oz -Thorne Research

Life Extension Super K

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)

Niacinamide Powder - 300 grams

Jarrow Formulas - Niacinamide, 250 mg, 100 capsules

Source Naturals Niacinamide Vitamin B-3 100mg, 250 Tablets (Pack of 3)

Pregnenolone

Pregnenolone Powder, 20 Grams

Pregnenolone 25mg, 120 tablets- Source Naturals

Progest-E "Progesterone in Vitamin E patented by Dr. Ray Peat."

Dr. Peat's Progest E Complex, 28 ml

Selenium

Nature's Way Selenium

Thyroid Supplement

Recommended by Dr. Peat:

Cynomel-T3 Only

Cynoplus-T3 + T4

Thiroyd-Used by many people and they do well on it:

NDT Analytical Standard, Pure Grade, Thiroyd, 120 Pack 1 Grain (Available in packs of 250 and 1000, the 1000 pack is an incredible deal,

Thyroid-S known for it's extra excipients, however, many people do well on Thyroid-S. Some people do report gluten intolerance type symptoms when taking Thyroid-S but Thyroid-S has tested and assured it's customers that it's gluten free:

NDT Analytical Standard, Pure Grade, Thyroid-S, 1000 Pack 1 Grain (Available in packs of 250 and 1000, the 1000 pack is an incredible deal)

[glow=red]Make sure to check out the thread below for a special discount provided to Ray Peat Forum members for Thyroid-S and Thiroyd.[/glow]
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2336

Aspirin

The T3 link doesn't work, it appears they've changed the domain name, or else this has a typo, just an FYI, because that's kind of an important link to have! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals