Peripheral Neuropathy, Rapidly Receding Gums + Bloods

Terma

I'm not an expert in receding gums, but my understanding is the bone slowly gets compromised, or at least that is the point where it's serious enough to worry.

If you consider that much growth and repair of skeletal occurs at nighttime, you'll want to know this:
Lysine Increases My Muscle Mass

If you overload the liver with retinoic acid and glycine, it may limit methylation (unless the sarcosine gets exploited somehow, which so far I've seen no evidence of) and lower carnitine levels (by percentage it's not the liver's highest priority for methylation in scarcity).

In addition the carbs too close at night will lower growth hormone counter-productively. GH has associations with dental health.

I plan on trying something revolving around carnitine myself but figured I'd do you a courtesy of not making you wait 6 months for results. However be careful, in some forms arginine actually has better associations with periodontal health in research (search arginine bicarbonate) than does lysine and since they compete... it might not be an issue, but I'm not sure.

OP
PhilParma

PhilParma

What about your gum? Did you find a solution?
Only to avoid caffeine. High dose vitamin C did not prevent gum recession in the face of caffeine intake. I'm still trying to determine if copper is a solution, but I'm afraid to supplement it aggressively.

Copper deficiency is still my best theory. Like I'm wasting copper or something, and anything that increases metabolism makes me burn through copper like mad. I could be wrong though.

I'm still disappointed that no one can tell me why my toes were orange last summer, at the peak of my neuropathy. I was working outside, sweating, and my socks were being stained orange. WTF? Could orange = copper? I doubt that much copper could be in the blood.

Peatful

Only to avoid caffeine. High dose vitamin C did not prevent gum recession in the face of caffeine intake. I'm still trying to determine if copper is a solution, but I'm afraid to supplement it aggressively.

Copper deficiency is still my best theory. Like I'm wasting copper or something, and anything that increases metabolism makes me burn through copper like mad. I could be wrong though.

I'm still disappointed that no one can tell me why my toes were orange last summer, at the peak of my neuropathy. I was working outside, sweating, and my socks were being stained orange. WTF? Could orange = copper? I doubt that much copper could be in the blood.
Was it coming through your foot- or your big toe?
More data please

OP
PhilParma

PhilParma

Was it coming through your foot- or your big toe?
More data please
From the ankle down, my socks were being stained orange. Not completely, just spots and streaks here and there. Then later, all of my toes took on a visibly orange tint. A doctor looked at them and didn't know what to say. He didn't seem too concerned though. He sent me away with a clean bill of health, even though my limbs were going numb and changing color. :roll:

Lolinaa

Thank you @Terma and @PhilParma for your answer.
Basically you have no real ideas.
I won't suggest to supplement copper. Maybe try more seafoods: prawns, lobster or oysters.

Didn't you mention you had lots of carrots salad? Maybe its the way you digested it or your body use it? Do you wash it till the water is clear like Tara siggested?

OP
PhilParma

PhilParma

Yeah I eat a carrot a few times a week. I haven't yet tried washing them until the water is clear because orange toes haven't been a problem for many months. I can do it though if it's a good practice.

Peatful

From the ankle down, my socks were being stained orange. Not completely, just spots and streaks here and there. Then later, all of my toes took on a visibly orange tint. A doctor looked at them and didn't know what to say. He didn't seem too concerned though. He sent me away with a clean bill of health, even though my limbs were going numb and changing color. :roll:
I don’t believe I have read this whole thread -
But yes, carotenmia as Tara and another poster eluded to sounds plausible.

Carotenosis - Wikipedia

I had it.
I was hypothyroid and Vitamin A deficient. So calf liver remedied my orange skin over time.
My orange-ness was most obvious on my hands and feet; although I didn’t “bleed” orange like yourself.

Last edited:

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
This may be off track but you mentioned working outdoors so I was wondering if you were wearing unlined leather work boots. Perhaps the orange skin was from the leather when you were sweating. I have had leather stain socks. A lot of leather is tanned in China these days. I don’t know if tanning chemicals could cause neuropathy.

OP
PhilParma

PhilParma

I wore two different pairs of leather boots and I think they were both lined. Plus I don't know if that could explain my toes being orange, especially under the nails. Plus I haven't worn any boots for months and I can easily induce the neuropathy by ingesting moderate amounts of caffeine; it's possible that the tanning chemical made me sensitive to caffeine, but if that's the case, the effects have lasted a pretty long time.

Thank you for responding.

OP
PhilParma

PhilParma

I haven't because I'm trying to avoid supplements. I could give it a shot, but I'm giving it a very short leash.

Spokey

I try to avoid them generally. I'd rather eat food where possible, most refined bread is fortified with it.
The hypercarotenemia makes me think that you're having some sort of problem connected with B12 metabolism. So maybe you're not demythelating folate? Mythelcobalamin won't help with that, and is a possible explanation for your experience of B12 not having any effect. Seemed worth investigating anyway.

The increased neutrophils in your test suggest an infection of some sort, and I seem to remember they need copper. Which could explain why you seem to benefit from more of it.

OP
PhilParma

PhilParma

@Spokey would methyl folate be the right or wrong form to take?

I avoid fortified bread/food, so I'm probably not getting much folate outside of commercial fruit juice and maybe eggs. Also, Energin seemed to make the neuropathy worse last summer; it has a bunch of B-vitamins but no folate, which could've exacerbated a deficiency, if one exists.

Spokey

You actually want the cheap and nasty unmethylated kind to test this idea. In order to use methylated folate it needs to be unmethylated, this is usually done by b12, but if the available b12 is all methylated it can't do that job.

Peatful

Beef or calf liver is a good source of B12 too I believe.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Here is another off track idea. Maybe it is a fungus. The hot moist environment of the boots may have given it a foothold. Fungal toxins can be neurotoxins and the fact that the orange staining coincides with the neuropathy maybe it is the fungus. Itching is not required in all fungal infections.

Elast1c

Here is another off track idea. Maybe it is a fungus. The hot moist environment of the boots may have given it a foothold. Fungal toxins can be neurotoxins and the fact that the orange staining coincides with the neuropathy maybe it is the fungus. Itching is not required in all fungal infections.
Wouldn't copper help get rid of that?

Motif

Did you find out meanwhile?
was copper the or an issue?

OP
PhilParma

PhilParma

Did you find out meanwhile?
was copper the or an issue?
No, all I can figure to do is avoid caffeine and obsessively sanitize/alkalize my mouth. My gums look as healthy a color as ever, but unfortunately they've recessed permanently in a few spots due to whatever was happening to me in 2018.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals