Commercial Food List

FredSonoma

Mittir said:
FredSonoma said:
paper_clips43 said:
I think Sugar in the Raw is "too" high in Iron and other potential toxins.. So much so that if you feed it to hummingbirds they will die. Don't quote me on that though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I think maybe its best not to use it liberally. I occasionally use it when nothing else is available in coffee shops.

Wow okay I was actually worried that it would be too high in iron. Can't find nutrition facts though - only posted for 15 calories worth, so "not significant source of iron."

The main concern in brown sugar is presence of allergens, high temperature processing
creates a lot of allergenic compounds. Pure white sugar is allergen free.
In past , I read about processing of sugar cane, IIRC increased iron in brown sugar
comes from processing method , not from sugar cane.

Okay awesome, so the sugar in the raw shouldn't be a problem right? Because it isn't white sugar with molasses added, it was just never removed.

Edit: and it really tastes A LOT better than white sugar - which is a good sign right?

YuraCZ

I like this one from gluten free section. Ingredients just corn flour, sugar and vegetable extracts for colors.. :P

Attachments

• IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 279

tara

I found chocolate raspberry nougat in the serve-youself bins at a local supermarket recently with ingredients like sugar, glucose syrup, coconut oil, gelatin, cocoa, raspberries. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals