Supplement List

Dean

I'm a little confused on the gelatin front. I'm pretty sure I've read Dr. Peat writing against consuming hydrolyzed protein, but the consensus here seems to be that he recommends hydrolyzed collagen over regular (non-hydrolyzed) gelatin. Can someone here explain or point to me where Dr. Peat has explained why hydrolyzed protein, in general, is bad but when it comes to gelatin (also, protein) only the hydrolyzed is recommended? Thanks.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Quick note. Mandarina will be updating the supplement list in a couple days she said. So if you see any changes that need to be made to it please chime in.

BingDing

Dean said:
I'm a little confused on the gelatin front. I'm pretty sure I've read Dr. Peat writing against consuming hydrolyzed protein, but the consensus here seems to be that he recommends hydrolyzed collagen over regular (non-hydrolyzed) gelatin. Can someone here explain or point to me where Dr. Peat has explained why hydrolyzed protein, in general, is bad but when it comes to gelatin (also, protein) only the hydrolyzed is recommended? Thanks.

I don't know what the answer is, Dean. Great Lakes has a page here about msg in collagen hydrolysate. I need to learn the difference between free glutamic acid and msg before I can make any headway.

Birdie

BingDing said:
Dean said:

I don't know what the answer is, Dean. Great Lakes has a page here about msg in collagen hydrolysate. I need to learn the difference between free glutamic acid and msg before I can make any headway.
I use the kosher beef gelatin in orange can. Have seen where Ray says he uses the pork GL rather than the beef. Have not seen him recommend hydrosolate.

I noticed we have the 2 lb box of Epsom salts recommended at amazon for about $8. Did I misread that? The 2 lb box, same brand is 88 cents at WalMart. Perhaps the Amazon is a multiple pak?? It looks like a single.

Idont have time to check anything else just now. Thanks everybody. This list is a good idea.

BingDing

Good point about the links to Amazon, Birdie. I found Morton's canning and pickling salt locally for a lot less than Amazon. Same with the activated charcoal online, though that took a lot more effort to find.

Maybe the links should be to just a product page, or include a note telling people to price shop a bit before they buy. My :2cents, and thanks to Mandarina for the effort, definitely a worthy list.

PeatFeat

Are there any more Vitamin A supplements we can add to the list? The one listed is not available.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That's the "go to" one that everyone uses.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
tobieagle said:
Has anyone experiences with http://farmaciadelnino.com/? if it is a serious shop you should definetly update the supp list. I doubt people want to pay the double price for cynoplus and co.

Waiting to hear feedback on this.

HollyLooyah

tobieagle said:
Has anyone experiences with http://farmaciadelnino.com/? if it is a serious shop you should definetly update the supp list. I doubt people want to pay the double price for cynoplus and co.

Yes! I received my shipment of Cynoplus and Cynomel about a week ago. They were a little slow on shipping but no other problems - and yes they are just about half the price of the mexican pharmacy.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Updated.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie said:
Is there an error in the Coconut Oil listing? I didn't see the word, "refined", and that is what Ray always recommends.

The other thing I noticed is that Ray's name is attached to the Progest-E. He says he's had no connection with it for many years. He did formulate it in the beginning, so that may be what's intended in the list.

It might be more clear to a newbie if it were called just Progest-E as it is on the label. Maybe you could mention that Ray formulated it underneath or something?

Birdie, I think "expeller pressed" is refined.

Progest-E information has been updated.

Attachments

• ANDROGENICITY IN VITAMINS.pdf
    328.2 KB · Views: 84
  • HORMONAL PROPERTIES OF VITAMIN E AND ITS SYNERGISM WITH GONADAL HORMONES.pdf
    568.6 KB · Views: 94
R

ratcheer

tobieagle said:

I have ordered from them with success, and plan to again. The various different sites will have different products and pricing, so it's good to compare, but they had what I wanted - for a decent price - while mymexicandrugstore and magicpharma did not.

krempy23