Starchivores, What About Oats?

Birdie

I was surprised when Ray started talking about his oatmeal. My husband has been eating oatmeal every day for several years, so I'd been sending him Peaty type hints about endotoxin etc. I was sure the oats were bad for his health.

Sam - Oat bran gave my husband huge gas. I haven't tried it. I don't remember Ray's view on it.

Birdie

Oats and masa drastically improve my bowel movements. Carrots and mushrooms both leave me feeling unwell.
Carrots and mushrooms don't leave me ill, but I'm not drawn to them at all right now. Oats and masa call!

I use masa harina and nixtamalized tortillas, but I also eat the well cooked mushrooms every day and benefit tremendously.

FitnessMike

sheepish

I don't eat oats, but I do periodically give them to my baby. Organic only, as glyphosate applied immediately pre-harvest is a real issue with conventional oats.

lvysaur

Don't like them, gassy. I'm good with lots of white rice and Chinese style noodles but not pasta

-Luke-

Interestingly enough, I can eat oatmeal without any digestive trouble. And I never cook it. I just pour some milk over it and let it sit for ten minutes or so. Most bread or undercooked potatos/rice give me problems. Uncooked oatmeal, no problems at all.

Jonk

Interestingly enough, I can eat oatmeal without any digestive trouble. And I never cook it. I just pour some milk over it and let it sit for ten minutes or so. Most bread or undercooked potatos/rice give me problems. Uncooked oatmeal, no problems at all.
Oatmeal is great! Cheap and easy to make. Do you get the same texture/does it gelatinize like when you cook it?

-Luke-

Oatmeal is great! Cheap and easy to make. Do you get the same texture/does it gelatinize like when you cook it?
Not the same texture, but similar.

The price is really one of the biggest benefits. You can still get 500g organic oatmeal for 0.95 Euro here. Everything gets more expensive, but the oatmeal stays the same.

Jonk

Not the same texture, but similar.

The price is really one of the biggest benefits. You can still get 500g organic oatmeal for 0.95 Euro here. Everything gets more expensive, but the oatmeal stays the same.
Thanks, I'm off on a roadtrip and have some prepared to go. Put some banana and honey in there!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals