Cold/flu Type Symptoms After Eating Flour, Wheat, Products In High Amount?

Nigluva

I ate a lot of store-baked bread made with fortified white flour over 2 days. It was kind of a self experiment as well as a deluded craving, in the form of 11 kaiser rolls over 48hrs. I started getting unwell about 36hrs in and by the day after finishing them it felt like a cold or flu was coming on. Sore throat, malaise, mild sleep disturbance and weird feelings. Never had celiac antibody test but considering I should get it. I rarely eat this amount of refined flour product but do enjoy some sprouted organic grain bread a couple times a week, which never caused me problems.

Also repeatable if I eat take out pizza, al dente pasta in high amounts, but really well cooked white potatoes and white rice does not give me a problem, in fact I feel pretty decent on those two latter foods. I have gotten similiar feelings from eating non-well cooked legumes, which I think is a response to the excessive fiber content, as gut irritation accompanies it. This thing with the white flour rolls is different because they digested pretty normally, albeit a little constipating, but barely, and I did not but mild gut irritation, although I could tell something uncool was going on down there.

Can iron added to flour cause problems? Is this a typical endotoxin response? I notice I can abolish symptoms nearly totally for an hour or so by doing wim hof breathing.

This is a typical endotoxin response. Probably from excessive fermentation of the starch in your colon.

Blossom

@Nigluva, if you decide to get the antibody test you need to eat the equivalent of 2 slices of wheat bread every single day for two weeks for the test to be accurate.

Nigluva

@Nigluva, if you decide to get the antibody test you need to eat the equivalent of 2 slices of wheat bread every single day for two weeks for the test to be accurate.

Thanks for information!

This is a typical endotoxin response. Probably from excessive fermentation of the starch in your colon.

I always had an inkling it was bacterial related and not viral. I know what a viral infection feels like and this is always slightly different. I can also emulate it by drinking alcohol to excess, or abusing my gut in any number of ways.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Zpol Cold And Flu Virus Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
scarlettsmum Charcoal And Cold/flu Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 19
ecstatichamster Things That Help Recover From Flu (or Bad Cold) Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 28
N Runny nose and cold, but not feeling sick Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 2
J Cold scrotum Ask For Help or Advice 23
G Hands always warm, feet always ice cold Metabolism 1
J Cold drinks Ask For Help or Advice 2
M Cold allergy Ask For Help or Advice 0
TheSir Cold feet when sitting at computer Ask For Help or Advice 9
bzmazu What Will People Do For Food When Much of Europe And North America Is Too Cold to Farm? Science 8
M Vitamin D3 makes me feel cold D 16
S warm body temp, nose and hands, cold feet? Metabolism 50
T Cold feet sitting Ask For Help or Advice 7
B Cold Sensation In Scalp Hair & Nails 1
D Cold Tolerance Tips Male Issues 4
A Here Is How To Drink 1 Liter Of Cow Milk At Once Without Feeling Cold Milk 18
J Eating Liver Makes Me Feel Cold More Often And Faster, Why? Metabolism 7
Ben. System Health Issue (cold Hands/feet, Tinnitus, Eyes, Hair Etc.) - Help/Advice Needed Ask For Help or Advice 9
J Cold Ask For Help or Advice 25
GorillaHead Salt Loading Induced Acute Hyperhidrosis And Cold Hands Why! Ask For Help or Advice 27
_lppaiva Stopped Aspirin Cold Turkey. Any Permanent Risks? Ask For Help or Advice 9
I High Adrenaline? Wake Up Pretty Warm But Cold Hands And Feet Right After Coffee Or Bf Metabolism 7
T How To Resensitize The Gaba Receptors After A Cold Turkey Of Benzos Ask For Help or Advice 21
T Did A Cold Turkey From Benzos Now Reinstated And Drugs Are Less Effective Please Help Ask For Help or Advice 67
Hgreen56 Doing Dishes In Cold Vs Hot Water Ask For Help or Advice 3
J Cold-ish Hands And Feet But Warm Body Metabolism 27
F Pregnenolone Makes Me Freezing Cold? Pregnenolone 1
Hgreen56 Aspirin Makes Me Cold And Energetic Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
C Feel Cold With Cold Hands And Feet But Normal Temp? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Orangeyouglad Cold Hands And Feet In The Afternoon Ask For Help or Advice 3
J Cold Lower Body Warm Upper Body Ask For Help or Advice 0
ecstatichamster Why Does Cold Weather Lower Unsaturated Fatty Acids In This Study? Scientific Studies 3
A Cyproheptadine Increased My Cold Sensitivity Even More Ask For Help or Advice 4
ScurveDream Common Cold/feeling "sick" Lots Of People Talk Of -- What Is The Explanation? Ask For Help or Advice 7
paulwalkerrip Lower Back And Belly Are Always Very Warm, Hands And Feet Often Cold Ask For Help or Advice 13
_lppaiva Too Much Protein? Cold Hands, Low Temperature And Corspe-like Heart Rate Metabolism 14
J Zinc Causing Cold Hands/feet? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
C Cold Pasta? Digestion, Gut Flora 4
Francisco Cold Hands/feet Diet 0
L Why Does Hot Milk Constipate Me When Cold Milk Doesn't? Digestion 2
R Very Cold After Eating Breakfast? Metabolism 9
jzeno Kids Try 100 Years Of School Lunches--Hot And Cold (Cafeteria And Lunch From Home) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
Cirion Hot Or Cold Coffee? Coffee 3
M Cold And Cough Most Of Winter Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
tankasnowgod Vitamin C In Your Nose To Stop A Cold C 53
R Hot/cold Foods? Diet 0
Herbie Cold Pressed Raw Milk In Australia Milk 21
S Gelatin Okay To Consume With Cold Water? Gelatin 2
A Cold Turkey Nicotine And Caffeine-Day 3 Ask For Help or Advice 7
M Cold Hands/Feet And Sweat After Eating Ask For Help or Advice 3