Acne

Maybe iron overload is involved if eating liver worsens the condition, those from the british isles are the most susceptible to iron overload diseases.

OP
E

EIRE24

Maybe iron overload is involved if eating liver worsens the condition, those from the british isles are the most susceptible to iron overload diseases.

Well I don't eat much iron and I have been told by lots on here that the body is well able to manage heme iron or iron from animal sources? Coffee would look after the iron problem too.

Heme iron is less reactive, and safer for those who have a true iron deficiency, but it is much much more efficiently absorbed and therefor more important to avoid if you have enough iron. Also, coffee probably does not inhibit absorbtion of heme iron, as everything i've seen says polyphenols in coffee and tea etc only inhibit non-heme iron

OP
E

EIRE24

Heme iron is less reactive, and safer for those who have a true iron deficiency, but it is much much more efficiently absorbed and therefor more important to avoid if you have enough iron. Also, coffee probably does not inhibit absorbtion of heme iron, as everything i've seen says polyphenols in coffee and tea etc only inhibit non-heme iron

I rarely eat red meat. I wouldn't think I have an iron problem. So what, can't eat liver or red meat?

Why would people from the British Isles be more susceptible to iron problems?

There is a well known genetic trait that predisposes northern europeans to iron overload diseases. Just giving you info... from your username i would think you are irish, if so you should look into it.

I was adopted from birth so I have no real clue as to my heritage, but I've been told that I'm a mix of French, Dutch and Scotch (haha)...no really, there's apparently some Scottish in me as well....which really means I'm an EXCEEDINGLY Stubborn Tight-fisted Piker with blue eyes, red highlights in my hair, fabulous taste....and acne....and a proclivity for anemia. Go figureo_O

tara

I love liver, but only a little at a time. 100 grams is too much at a time for me. After about 60g it starts to taste bad - I'm guessing there's something my system doesn't want too much of at once. I usually eat about ~30-50g at a time, 3-4 times a week.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There is a well known genetic trait that predisposes northern europeans to iron overload diseases. Just giving you info... from your username i would think you are irish, if so you should look into it.
Hemochomatosis?

OP
E

EIRE24

I love liver, but only a little at a time. 100 grams is too much at a time for me. After about 60g it starts to taste bad - I'm guessing there's something my system doesn't want too much of at once. I usually eat about ~30-50g at a time, 3-4 times a week.

I actually crave liver and when I eat it I do not feel like stopping at all

Runenight201

Ever find a solution?

Eliminating meat eliminated my cystic acne and oily skin, but some smaller acne still persists. I just can’t give up dairy. I tried eating my rice Chex with coconut milk and it was gross. Plus dairy makes my nails strong, so I either supplement the entire spectrum of milk’s vitamins/minerals...or I just occasionally have some milk with cereal before bed :)

I’m on the verge of ordering some antibiotics/vitamin a and giving that a shot. Liver tbh is pretty gross, and I’m concerned about the heme iron. I do need to start eating weekly oysters again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals