Soy Isoflavones + Cayenne For Hair Loss

homyak

Fortunately, or unfortunately, many of us are led to the research and works of Ray Peat due to hair loss. A couple of months ago I began to experiment with Soy Isoflavones + Cayenne. A few blog posts and anecdotal evidence with Japanese Natto led me to a study which seemingly shows the efficacy of Soy Isoflavones. Enthusiastically, I began supplementation.

How I Reversed My Hair Loss, Naturally
Capsaicin and Soy Isoflavones Promote Hair Growth

August 2019 Supplementation.

august_stack_a54701dc338.png

In the latter half of August, I began to experience deep depression and a sense of lifelessness. Interestingly, I began to supplement on August 1st, but did not begin to record supplementation until the 10th. Initially from August 1st to the 18th, I was completely normal regarding mood and daily productivity. After the 18th, I really began to crash and had an overwhelming sense of lifelessness. Regarding the supplements other than soy isolflavones and cayenne – I have experience with them for many years with no adverse effects, so I can confidently rule out them out as being the negative actor.

In early September I stopped taking the soy isoflavones. My mood and productivity returned to normal and I am no longer experiencing a deep sense of lifelessness. I didn't notice any hair improvement, and honestly, if that is the price I would have to pay for 6+ months, then I'd rather be bald.

I believe self-experimentation is best, but I would seriously recommend against supplementation with soy isoflavones. Perhaps the estrogenic affects of the soy took 15-20 days to accumulate to a degree that affected my mood or it was a synergistic effect with my diet/supplements that I cannot determine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals