Sounds like Bear Grylls may have read Peat

Dean

Speaking of diet guru evolutions looks like the meat and sweets authors are now calling legumes and grains fruits now and advocating them in their addendum to the original book. Might need a new name for the diet though.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I believe it! I remember one time when I was experimenting with foods, about 7 years ago, and I had some canned garbanzo beans, and after I had them, I weighed myself throughout the day, and gained seven pounds by the end of the day. I took pics of my scale for my friend, each time I weighed myself. It was unbelievable the water retention that I experienced that day.
Wow, that's significant!

@LadyRae happy for you.
Does he eat tubers at all?

lilsticky

i think vegetables with lots of butter and salt are helpful. there was some substance in the brassica family that is supposed to take estrogen out of the liver

LadyRae

What has been your experience with DIM? I take it every other day during my luteal phase with calcium D-glucarate, followed by raw carrots a few hours later. I noticed reduced water retention, deeper sleep, less sweating, and mellower mood...

My DIM caps are 300mg each, do you think that's too much ?

ThinPicking

Dutchie

What has been your experience with DIM? I take it every other day during my luteal phase with calcium D-glucarate, followed by raw carrots a few hours later. I noticed reduced water retention, deeper sleep, less sweating, and mellower mood...

My DIM caps are 300mg each, do you think that's too much ?

Oh, I fon't take DIM. I was just replying to the poster which forgot what that substance in brassicas was. :)

However I have eaten a lot of cabbage/brassicas before my digestive system went completely haywire.
I can't really tell if the DIM in it, made such a drastic difference.

SuperStressed

You seem to ***t on whoever you want Staltic, and deliver a holier than thou tirade when the shoe's on the other foot.

Personally I doubt Gryll's has enough space in his frame to even consider the context of accepting an invitation like this. I reckon he's the ridiculously nice and forgivably dim type, with a schedule you'd be unable to keep mainlining amphetamine.
Now hes doing TV shows with Zelensky.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals