Serotonin & Self Esteem

gretchen

The current culture believes that high serotonin corresponds to higher self esteem, but we know that isn't true:
http://www.ascd.org/publications/educat ... ssion.aspx
Recent studies with human and nonhuman primates suggest that fluctuations in the neurotransmitter serotonin play an important role in regulating our level of self-esteem and our place within the social hierarchy. Researchers associate high serotonin levels in the brain with high self-esteem and social status and low serotonin levels with low self-esteem and social status. High serotonin levels are associated with the calm assurance that leads to smoothly controlled movements, and low serotonin levels with the irritability that leads to impulsive, uncontrolled, reckless, aggressive, violent, or suicidal behavior.

Is reducing serotonin effective for raising self esteem? Do you have higher or lower self esteem from eating Peatarian? What are some of the best ways to lower serotonin?

gretchen

I certainly feel better than I did 6 months ago, but wonder if my self esteem is really improved. Well, whatever.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Maybe having more energy will allow you to interact more which in turn might feel like a self esteem boost. I dunno, just speculating.

gretchen

The reason I posted this has to do with an Enneagram website I found which correlated certain Ennegram types with having higher serotonin (serotonin to them= good) with more constructive typing; ie, being a "positive" Ennegram type.

lexis

Lot of psychotic drugs are experimented on prison inmates.If they can calmed down by high serotonic drugs,that's considered a 'success'.Thats how we get this confusing view about serotonin

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
DANIEL A High Serotonin Society | Morning Routines, Self-Improvement, Habit Tracking Miscellaneous 9
BiduleMachin Anti-Peat Why I want opiates if serotonin is bad ? Debate - Anti-Peat 13
Lokzo 💎METERGOLINE: Dopamine Agonist, Serotonin Antagonist: Experiences Wanted Here! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
Oraganic4me Serotonin the cancer promoting hormone haidut 5
D Need help finding studies showing serotonin is dopamine antagonist/lowers dopamine Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 10
haidut Lowering/blocking serotonin is therapeutic for cancer Scientific Studies 2
miquelangeles Serotonin derivatives, phytoserotonin Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 7
J Damaged Gut, High Serotonin, Standard protocols dont work Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 9
G Anyone have a few infographics on serotonin and endotoxins? Digestion, Gut Flora 3
L Does gynostemma Lower serotonin just like ginseng Supplements 0
K What have you noticed by increasing dopamine and decreasing serotonin? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 8
haidut Serotonin puts the brakes on libido, by lowering dopamine Scientific Studies 1
Drareg Regulation of systemic energy homeostasis by serotonin in adipose tissues Scientific Studies 0
Hans How to increase dopamine and lower serotonin with this simple, yet effective stack and food recipe Articles & Scientific Studies 33
RenaissanceMan Peat Wrong About Omega 3? DHA & EPA increase dopamine and lower serotonin Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 22
milkboi Safest drugs/substances to experience what Serotonin feels like? Autism 18
A Amino acid stack to deplete serotonin? Ask For Help or Advice 16
A Serotonin depletion stunts growth? Ask For Help or Advice 2
P Based serotonin video Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 1
Mauritio Serotonin, PUFA and histamine increase leaky brain Articles & Scientific Studies 6
Hans Milk: pro-dopamine or pro-serotonin? Scientific Studies 78
L Uridine And serotonin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
Hans Georgi Dinkov on aromatase inhibition, Gonadin+, testosterone optimization and serotonin antagonism Interviews 31
L Does adenosine triphosphate Lower serotonin Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 6
R Is there an interaction between serotonin and the angiotensin system in relation to coronavirus infection? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
F Serotonin too LOW due to antihistamines for long periods? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 7
Lokzo Guanosine dose-dependently reduced 5-HTP-induced wet dog shakes (WDS) and other Serotonin Syndromes Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
S Premature ejaculation without Serotonin toxicity ? Male Issues 4
haidut Upregulated serotonin synthesis may be a biomarker for breast cancer Scientific Studies 0
haidut Depression fades away when serotonin levels drop Scientific Studies 4
haidut Many people may suffer from chronic serotonin syndrome Scientific Studies 65
haidut Serotonin and oxytocin promote gullibility, trainability, and servility Scientific Studies 4
Hans Serotonin dubs thee sleepless Articles & Scientific Studies 2
F Anxiety, overthinking, worrying, OCD might be caused by undermethylation or LOW serotonin? Mental Issues 1
F Anxiety, overthinking, worrying and pessimism caused by undermethylation or LOW serotonin? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 17
sibyloftherhine Stingray venom contains serotonin Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 0
A Serotonin Activates Bacterial Quorum Sensing and Enhances the Virulence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the Host Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 44
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels Debate - Anti-Peat 2
L Need serotonin antagonist herbs Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
Mauritio Vitamin B1 / Thiamine deficiency increases serotonin in the brain Scientific Studies 32
Michael Mohn Does serotonin in fruit raise serotonin blood levels? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
haidut Serotonin (5-HT) is a key driver of asthma Scientific Studies 0
A Study says low serotonin causes mice and rabbits to become gay Scientific Studies 3
haidut Serotonin may be the "aggression hormone" in most living organisms Scientific Studies 13
Mauritio B. Coagulans decreases endotoxin , liver fibrosis and serotonin Digestion 67
Mauritio Sterile gut leads to lower anxiety, serotonin , and TPH-levels + some bacteria don't increase serotonin Articles & Scientific Studies 4
P Progesterone receptors and serotonin levels in colon epithelial cells from females with slow transit constipation (P4 lowers SERT) Progesterone 3
youngsinatra How To Improve Sexual Indurance (With Low Serotonin) Ask For Help or Advice 78
A Octreotide Inhibits GH, Serotonin, Prolactin, TSH, Insulin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Q Is Vitamin D induced serotonin syndrome possible? Please hear me out... Ask For Help or Advice 73