Domination Is Linked To Chemical In The Brain - Serotonin

answersfound

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/09/27/scien ... brain.html

Any thoughts on this? This article from 1983 claims that higher social status was associated with higher serotonin levels in the blood. It's amazing how much conflicting research there is.

Also, just to provide an example in my life, my father has been taking 200 mg of Amitriptyline for 30 years now for depression. From my understanding, Amitriptyline does inhibit serotonin uptake. But it also has weight gain and constipation as a side effect which may suggest that it lowers serotonin. It is also used for treating IBS. Whether it raises or lowers serotonin, I'm not sure. Ray has said that he believes Amitriptyline to be safe as it is comparable to the structure of Cyproheptadine.

But I will say that my father is definitely someone with high social status. He is a leader in his career and personal life. He has many relationships and is well respected. He said if it wasn't for Amitriptyline, he would definitely not be where he is today.

He never complains about digestive issues after eating. He eats things with carageenan, xanthan gum, etc. He only eats about two and a half meals a day. He has pretty minimal hair loss and looks young for his age at 59. He never complains of being cold.

On the other hand, he has had double hip surgery, high blood pressure, glaucoma, acid reflux, high cholesterol, all of which he is taking the standard prescribed medication for. I think a Thyroid med would probably address all of this, but he's not interested.

We talk about genetic reductionism in a poor light here, but few people here see any problems with other types of reductionism. Reducing the organizational patterns of humans in society to a supposedly causal amino acid (level) is fairly delusional.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals