Self Help In The Age Of Neo-liberalism

yerrag

So true and simple about Public Relations,the humanitarian effort.PR, one of the big inventions from the new Rome.
U.S.A. isnt about helping,this sounds so deranged.
Also,helping others is just high thyroid and anti-degeneracy.gotta be a strong one to help
others beside yourselph.
The US has its Peace Corp. with its well-meaning non-CIA good folks spreading the message of love and peace. Like a nun in a pharma hospital praying for the sick. While the CIA creates unliveable conditions and provide a steady flow of refugees. And pharma brings chronic sickness and serotonin to the hospital patient.

LUH 3417

Self-help, for the most part, doesn't lead to integrating with the universe.
Oh, I was thinking about how just encountering the world of self help can make one conscious of all the vile pretense around being successful and good in a time of unabashed neoliberal imperialism and fake spirituality. I remember reading brave new world in high school, and there is a drug called soma that makes people not feeling anything. Regardless of what people say about a. Huxley and his family’s power, encountering that concept in a book, that people could take a drug to not feel, was so profound on my development at that age. It made me super critical of psychiatry.

lampofred

I wonder how Huxley knew that taking gonadal hormones, keeping metabolism permanently stimulated, and even specifically maintaining the proper calcium:magnesium ratio (which Peat says is driven is mainly by thyroid, glucose oxidation, CO2) is the way to prevent aging... He was ridiculously specific about thyroid and this was in the 1930s, so all this thyroid stuff is not new at all...

LUH 3417

I wonder how Huxley knew that taking gonadal hormones, keeping metabolism permanently stimulated, and even specifically maintaining the proper calcium:magnesium ratio (which Peat says is driven is mainly by thyroid, glucose oxidation, CO2) is the way to prevent aging... He was ridiculously specific about thyroid and this was in the 1930s, so all this thyroid stuff is not new at all...
Where does A.H.talk about that?

yerrag

Oh, I was thinking about how just encountering the world of self help can make one conscious of all the vile pretense around being successful and good in a time of unabashed neoliberal imperialism and fake spirituality. I remember reading brave new world in high school, and there is a drug called soma that makes people not feeling anything. Regardless of what people say about a. Huxley and his family’s power, encountering that concept in a book, that people could take a drug to not feel, was so profound on my development at that age. It made me super critical of psychiatry.

It does. And it has helped me in my early formative years. It's especially important along the lines of how the real world works, and how you deal with it.

But at a certain point, you have to make like a bird making its first flight. And then use your perception, and engage it in thought. And be able to form your own judgment and conclusions. And not be given to saying "This author says this and that, so it must be true." That becomes another God to be worshipped.

lampofred

Where does A.H.talk about that?

If you just ctrl F "gonadal" "stimulated" and "calcium" in a PDF you'll find it. He even talks about how blood transfusions will prevent aging, which Peat wrote a whole newsletter about, and about how alcohol is estrogenic ("small" and "backward").....

LUH 3417

If you just ctrl F "gonadal" "stimulated" and "calcium" in a PDF you'll find it. He even talks about how blood transfusions will prevent aging, which Peat wrote a whole newsletter about, and about how alcohol is estrogenic ("small" and "backward").....
Gonadal hormones, transfusion of young blood, magnesium salts .”

“Oh, stuff like magnesium salts, and alcohol for keeping the Deltas and Epsi- lons small and backward, and calcium carbonate for bones, and all that sort of thing.”

Old?” she repeated. “But the Director’s old; lots of people are old; they’re not like that.”
“That’s because we don’t allow them to be like that. We preserve them from diseases. We keep their internal secretions artificially balanced at a youthful equilibrium. We don’t permit their magnesium-calcium ratio to fall below what it was at thirty. We give them transfusion of young blood. We keep their meta- bolism permanently stimulated. So, of course, they don’t look like that. Partly,” he added, “because most of them die long before they reach this old creature’s age. Youth almost unimpaired till sixty, and then, crack! the end.”
Mr. Foster duly told them.
Told them of the growing embryo on its bed of peritoneum. Made them tas- te the rich blood surrogate on which it fed. Explained why it had to be sti- mulated with placentin and thyroxin. Told them of the corpus luteum extract. Showed them the jets through which at every twelfth metre from zero to 2040 it was automatically injected. Spoke of those gradually increasing doses of pitui- tary administered during the final ninety-six metres of their course. Described the artificial maternal circulation installed in every bottle at Metre 112; showed them the resevoir of blood- surrogate, the centrifugal pump that kept the liquid moving over the placenta and drove it through the synthetic lung and waste product filter. Referred to the embryo’s troublesome tendency to anæmia, to the massive doses of hog’s stomach extract and foetal foal’s liver with which, in consequence, it had to be supplied.

lampofred

Apparently his brothers were biologists and he originally wanted to be a doctor...maybe that's why he knew.

LUH 3417

all i did was wikipedia him but np

so many secrets and knowledge kept away from the public in this world...
He apparently cured his near sightedness by retraining his eye muscles to work without corrective lenses. It’s in the art of seeing.

The US has its Peace Corp. with its well-meaning non-CIA good folks spreading the message of love and peace. Like a nun in a pharma hospital praying for the sick. While the CIA creates unliveable conditions and provide a steady flow of refugees. And pharma brings chronic sickness and serotonin to the hospital patient.

The C.I.A. is under direct control of the respective President of the day.
Praying is false consciousness and doesnt work.It is a self-help-tool to lose guilt by ritual.
Pharma,we are on the same page.

yerrag

.It is a self-help-tool to lose guilt by ritual.

On the contrary, it leaves to God what we are helpless against. It assuages us in our helplessness. But we are falsely helpless because we believe in doctors and not in ourselves.

On the contrary, it leaves to God what we are helpless against. It assuages us in our helplessness. But we are falsely helpless because we believe in doctors and not in ourselves.

Hahaha,true.What does that say about Doctors though.From which cloth are they cut from.

yerrag

Hahaha,true.What does that say about Doctors though.From which cloth are they cut from.
That doctors are mini-gods in themselves. We are the faithful. We kneel obsequiously to them. When they can't help the patient, we turn to the greater God.

That doctors are mini-gods in themselves. We are the faithful. We kneel obsequiously to them. When they can't help the patient, we turn to the greater God.

Very true.
They are mistaken though,and taking our wealth and only simulating the promised and legally contracted
Benefit they are obliged to deliver is without Honor.

OP
Jamesu

Jamesu

Very true.
They are mistaken though,and taking our wealth and only simulating the promised and legally contracted
Benefit they are obliged to deliver is without Honor.

Assuming that the doctor is responsible and educated then we're left to assume that what they do is honourable. However, honour is an interesting quality as it is awarded to those who know and do what is morally right. A doctor Should consider morality at the utmost importance to his practice - that is why we may come to view him as a godly authority in our lives, but this is where it gets conceited. Doctors aren't always reasonable, especially when it comes to prevention over treatment. How can we seriously rely on doctors when we know that they're fallible and sometimes amoral?

I like to think that we could enter into a world where we weren't dependent on other peoples morality for the quality of our lives. Doctors and the medical industry at large IS human, all too human. Not God. We don't get to simulate God when we esteem those we trust with honour - yet we do this especially with those in the lucrative possessions. The truth is, we all have desires to be healthy and live in a lawful world. Those two things are axioms which generate all means of faculty and institutions which attempt to lead us there. Sadly, the problem is that it's a human hierarchy of control.

Side note: I'm not alluding to the need for God, I meant it metaphorically

yerrag

If we are made less helpless because we don't believe in a doctor-god, but instead we believe more in our body and mind to heal ourselves, would we need to pray less in supplication, and would we still say prayers of thanks?
Is God needed then when we are void of sickness and poverty? Is sickness what drives belief in a God?

LUH 3417

If we are made less helpless because we don't believe in a doctor-god, but instead we believe more in our body and mind to heal ourselves, would we need to pray less in supplication, and would we still say prayers of thanks?
Is God needed then when we are void of sickness and poverty? Is sickness what drives belief in a God?
God is probably called on most in sickness and poverty. The other side is perverse self worship that is supposed to fill the mantra of the day, love yourself. In between is loving others. I don’t think everyone who helps other people is looking for honor or validation. When your cup Runneth over why not quench another’s thirst?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals