Scared of using Exemestane again, it raised my prolactin and LH/FSH too much

tastyfood

About 5 months ago I used 8mg of exemestane (Xtane brand) daily for a bit more than three weeks. I had a varicocele, and wanted to try exemestane to help with male fertility issues.

Exemestane was clearly effective at raising total testosterone: from 400 to 756 in 3 weeks. However, it double my prolactin, almost doubled my LH to 11, and also increased by FSH a little (it was already high).

My prolactin, LH, and FSH have stayed high since my Exemestane experiment, and my total testosterone went back to previous low levels:

Prolactin: 17
LH: 11
FSH: 11.8
Total testosterone: 300

I've been thinking about giving exemestane another try since my varicocele was surgically repaired. I'm scared of trying exemestane again because my LH, FSH, and prolactin being high already is already a problem for my sperm production. I fear that despite an increase in testosterone, a further increase in LH/FSH/Prolactin could make things worse.

Anyone with Exemestane experience has any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

O

oldfriend

Are you trying to improve varicocele or testosterone levels? Either way, why use exemestane for that?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Are you trying to improve varicocele or testosterone levels? Either way, why use exemestane for that?

Varicocele was fixed with surgery. I'm trying to improve overall levels of androgens because I have azoospermia (no sperm seen in the ejaculate), and I am trying to conceive.

O

oldfriend

Varicocele was fixed with surgery. I'm trying to improve overall levels of androgens because I have azoospermia (no sperm seen in the ejaculate), and I am trying to conceive.
Have you tried Pregenolone + DHEA? There's also test base, stanalone, androsterone etc. to consider before AIs like exemestane. There are threads discussing all of these here if you look.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Have you tried Pregenolone + DHEA? There's also test base, stanalone, androsterone etc. to consider before AIs like exemestane. There are threads discussing all of these here if you look.

Yes. I've looked into preg + Dhea, and I also have some Androsterone. I have recently dropped preg + DHEA because I have hypothyroidism and I suspect the high dose pregnenolone was sending me in the wrong direction after seeing my prolactin rise further, and my estradiol drop to undetectable levels (which could be indicative of high cellular levels).

At the moment I am focusing on improving thyroid function by upping the Cynoplus dose. My cholesterol was a bit high. I also tried Lisuride for four weeks to lower prolactin, and increase dopamine in an effort to calm the pituitary.

If I get my thyroid under control, I will consider going back to preg + DHEA, with Preg in physiological doses first. I was using a lot of preg because of its use for male infertility in studies from the early 20th century.

I was also thinking of trying Exemestane again if thyroid and pituitary get under control.

O

oldfriend

Metergoline worked better for me than Lisuride, and also gave me a reduction in estradiol and increase in T. May be worth trying?

tankasnowgod

About 5 months ago I used 8mg of exemestane (Xtane brand) daily for a bit more than three weeks. I had a varicocele, and wanted to try exemestane to help with male fertility issues.

Exemestane was clearly effective at raising total testosterone: from 400 to 756 in 3 weeks. However, it double my prolactin, almost doubled my LH to 11, and also increased by FSH a little (it was already high).

My prolactin, LH, and FSH have stayed high since my Exemestane experiment, and my total testosterone went back to previous low levels:

I've been thinking about giving exemestane another try since my varicocele was surgically repaired. I'm scared of trying exemestane again because my LH, FSH, and prolactin being high already is already a problem for my sperm production. I fear that despite an increase in testosterone, a further increase in LH/FSH/Prolactin could make things worse.

Much appreciated.
Have you tried to lower your prolactin with anything?

Even before any sort of drug, I would think you would want to evaluate calcium intake, and Ca:P ratio. With elevated Prolatin or PTH, I would think additional calcium would be something to try.

O

oldfriend

Even before any sort of drug, I would think you would want to evaluate calcium intake, and Ca:P ratio. With elevated Prolatin or PTH, I would think additional calcium would be something to try.
I've had prolactin tested twice and was on the low end of the reference range both times so I don't have much experience worth sharing there. Metergoline is in the same class of drug as Lisuride and lowers prolactin. I took it for it's anti-serotonin effects and did OK with it. Got an increase increase in libido in addition to the effects I already mentioned.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Calcium intake should be sufficient. I average 2.5g per day. I also avoid high phosphorus foods.

I've tested PTH many times and it always seemed ok at the bottom of the standard range.

I've used Lisuride for 4 weeks in 100-125 mg per day doses. I went to the lab this morning and will have updated prolactin results this week.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I've had prolactin tested twice and was on the low end of the reference range both times so I don't have much experience worth sharing there. Metergoline is in the same class of drug as Lisuride and lowers prolactin. I took it for it's anti-serotonin effects and did OK with it. Got an increase increase in libido in addition to the effects I already mentioned.

Did you see a before and after in prolactin results after taking metergoline? Do you think it went down because of using metergoline?

I'll have updated prolactin results this week after using Lisuride transdermally for 4 weeks.

O

oldfriend

Did you see a before and after in prolactin results after taking metergoline? Do you think it went down because of using metergoline?

I'll have updated prolactin results this week after using Lisuride transdermally for 4 weeks.
One test I took a couple of months or so after stopping metergoline.I took metergoline sublingually and don't how long the prolactin-lowering effect lasts.

swarrior

were you able to solve ?
Did you achieve your goal?
I hope so!

NewACC

I realize I'm three years late, but you clearly should have tried HCG. HCG along with exemestane would do wonders for your fertility and testosterone levels. Adding Proviron would further enhance this effect, but I have many questions about the quality of the underground production of steroids, especially oral and especially Proviron, this is one of the most often counterfeited things. maybe try adding cabergoline

Spondive

Much appreciated.
I had the similar lab results as your using 6mg exemestane every other day except no elevation of FSH

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals