ReThinking The Couch Potato's Position

OP
Rinse & rePeat
how important is red light and sunlight? can you do fine without those and without supplementing vitamin d3, if you have lighter skin?
I am a natural blonde and make sure I get outside before noon for at least 20 minutes. My health is much better for it. Here is a post I wrote on the subject.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Men don’t understand why women get so upset, and they don’t even typically notice the things that need to be done without being told. In fact, men will frequently procrastinate about doing things until they get a sense of danger or risk, which triggers their testosterone levels, giving them even greater stress relief.
Women, on the other hand, tend to want to plan ahead, which stimulates oxytocin release, making them feel considerate and caring, which triggers even more oxytocin. The stress levels of cortisol levels for women typically increase when they get home. This may be related to their husbands on the couch.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The results remained the same even after the scientists accounted for levels of physical activity. Even in individuals who are highly physically active, time spent watching TV was associated with increased risk of dementia, and leisure time spent using a computer was associated with a reduced risk of developing dementia.”

“Our findings suggest that the brain impacts of sitting during our leisure activities are really separate from how physically active we are,” said Alexander, “and that being more mentally active, like when using computers, may be a key way to help counter the increased risk of dementia related to more passive sedentary behaviors, like watching TV.”

Knowing how sedentary activities impact human health could lead to some improvements.

“What we do while we’re sitting matters,” Raichlen added. “This knowledge is critical when it comes to designing targeted public health interventions aimed at reducing the risk of neurodegenerative disease from sedentary activities through positive behavior change.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“But what kind of effect can snoozing in front of the tube have on your body and brain? A 2019 study published in JAMA Internal Medicine found that sleeping with the TV on in your bedroom "may be a risk factor for weight gain, overweight, and obesity." The authors of the report analyzed data from more than 43,000 women for the study. They went so far as to say that reducing your exposure to artificial light at night could "be a useful intervention for obesity prevention."’

stoic

“Men don’t understand why women get so upset, and they don’t even typically notice the things that need to be done without being told. In fact, men will frequently procrastinate about doing things until they get a sense of danger or risk, which triggers their testosterone levels, giving them even greater stress relief.
Women, on the other hand, tend to want to plan ahead, which stimulates oxytocin release, making them feel considerate and caring, which triggers even more oxytocin. The stress levels of cortisol levels for women typically increase when they get home. This may be related to their husbands on the couch.”

Now that's some creative misandric drivel!

Since when does procrastinating raise testosterone and planning ahead raise oxytocin though?

Nevermind, I guess I just need to lie down.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Now that's some creative misandric drivel!

Since when does procrastinating raise testosterone and planning ahead raise oxytocin though?

Nevermind, I guess I just need to lie down.
Ha! Ha! Ha! I know all this crazy science! It’s not the procrastinating that raises the testosterone it is the the broken down car and leaky roof that raises the testosterone.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that’s why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren’t very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren’t needed.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1707327669293.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals