ReThinking The Couch Potato's Position

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Possibly the most toxic component of our environment is the way the society has been designed, to eliminate meaningful choices for most people. In the experiment of Freund, et al., some mice became more exploratory because of the choices they made, while others' lives became more routinized and limited. Our culture reinforces routinized living. In the absence of opportunities to vary the way you work and live to accord with new knowledge that you gain, the nutritional, hormonal and physical factors have special importance." -Ray Peat

Last edited:

BearWithMe

"Possibly the most toxic component of our environment is the way the society has been designed, to eliminate meaningful choices for most people. In the experiment of Freund, et al., some mice became more exploratory because of the choices they made, while others' lives became more routinized and limited. Our culture reinforces routinized living. In the absence of opportunities to vary the way you work and live to accord with new knowledge that you gain, the nutritional, hormonal and physical factors have special importance."
I don't think the biggest problem is that the society is designed to eliminate meaningful choices for most people.

The biggest problem is that when someone actually starts thinking for himself and making choices different from the majority, he or she is often labeled as insane or stupid, and people tend to teach him a lesson to put him in his place, or to expel him from the society, or both.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I don't think the biggest problem is that the society is designed to eliminate meaningful choices for most people.

The biggest problem is that when someone actually starts thinking for himself and making choices different from the majority, he or she is often labeled as insane or stupid, and people tend to teach him a lesson to put him in his place, or to expel him from the society, or both.

I forgot to put that that was a Ray Peat quote, so I added it. I don't think RP is wrong nor you. I think he is saying the same thing, but from hus is from an authoritative poiny of view, like how they have structured our school system. In the beginning of my Seven Wonders Of The World Food Pyramid post I describe how "Little Johnny" isn't praised for what he does good, and have his talents and strengths taken to a higher level, but more emphasis is put on his failures. Your point is true too, but on a social level. Our society praises the perfect looking people and athletes, rewarding them with ungodly sums of money, while the inventors, entrepreneurs and our soldiers get to struggle to succeed. It is so backassward. To an even more basic level individuals or cliques are threatened by people that are intelligent or charming, or whatever, and they put those people down to elevate themselves. Did you ever see that Twilight Zone episode where they were pressuring that girl to get the surgery to look like everyone else? She had like 3 models to choose from. She fought getting it cause she liked being different, but finally caved to the peer pressure.

BearWithMe

I forgot to put that that was a Ray Peat quote, so I added it. I don't think RP is wrong nor you. I think he is saying the same thing, but from hus is from an authoritative poiny of view, like how they have structured our school system. In the beginning of my Seven Wonders Of The World Food Pyramid post I describe how "Little Johnny" isn't praised for what he does good, and have his talents and strengths taken to a higher level, but more emphasis is put on his failures. Your point is true too, but on a social level. Our society praises the perfect looking people and athletes, rewarding them with ungodly sums of money, while the inventors, entrepreneurs and our soldiers get to struggle to succeed. It is so backassward. To an even more basic level individuals or cliques are threatened by people that are intelligent or charming, or whatever, and they put those people down to elevate themselves. Did you ever see that Twilight Zone episode where they were pressuring that girl to get the surgery to look like everyone else? She had like 3 models to choose from. She fought getting it cause she liked being different, but finally caved to the peer pressure.
Yes exactly. Some choices are elmininated by the way society is designed (laws, school system, etc), the others are eliminated by peer pressure to act in certain way.

I think it is much easier to circumvent the system-imposed limitations than the peer-imposed ones.

But why people keep pressuring each other to act like a bunch of sheeps, and punish the ones who think for themselves, is beyond me.

Nikola Tesla died in poverty and people thought he is insane, yet all of modern technology is based on his ideas. World is totally backwards.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yes exactly. Some choices are elmininated by the way society is designed (laws, school system, etc), the others are eliminated by peer pressure to act in certain way.

I think it is much easier to circumvent the system-imposed limitations than the peer-imposed ones.

But why people keep pressuring each other to act like a bunch of sheeps, and punish the ones who think for themselves, is beyond me.

Nikola Tesla died in poverty and people thought he is insane, yet all of modern technology is based on his ideas. World is totally backwards.

It is all about power and egos, just like George Orwell's "Animal Farm". "You don't know what you got till it's gone" too. How many people argue just to be right? People can't see straight anymore. I can't believe how many friends and family have turned into strangers trying to be "right" about their view of what the state of the world is today. People think because they have thought about it and made up their minds about that it is so. When there are so many limitless possibilities in life more then ever, why have minds gotten narrower?

OccamzRazer

"Possibly the most toxic component of our environment is the way the society has been designed, to eliminate meaningful choices for most people. In the experiment of Freund, et al., some mice became more exploratory because of the choices they made, while others' lives became more routinized and limited. Our culture reinforces routinized living. In the absence of opportunities to vary the way you work and live to accord with new knowledge that you gain, the nutritional, hormonal and physical factors have special importance." -Ray Peat
One of my very favorite Peat quotes! Sad, but true...

OccamzRazer

I see what you're saying...but I don't know if this is the biggest problem.

Personally I don't give a flip about what people think. I have a sweatshirt that says "normal people scare me." It's a very freeing way to be.

Nor have I seen many examples of people being outright expelled from society, unless they go really far down XYZ rabbit hole...

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I see what you're saying...but I don't know if this is the biggest problem.

Personally I don't give a flip about what people think. I have a sweatshirt that says "normal people scare me." It's a very freeing way to be.

Nor have I seen many examples of people being outright expelled from society, unless they go really far down XYZ rabbit hole...

Normal is boring and I think the powers that be like it that way.

Relaxing for me is playing darts in the garage, cornhole in the yard, staring at the fire in the firepit, or reading. I do watch TV, but it is usually climbing movies or cooking shows. Gotta keep that lizard brain in check.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Relaxing for me is playing darts in the garage, cornhole in the yard, staring at the fire in the firepit, or reading. I do watch TV, but it is usually climbing movies or cooking shows. Gotta keep that lizard brain in check.

Love playing darts and billiards outdoors, floating on a raft in the jacuzzi on a sunny day, and watch intelligent television, like music documentaries and biographies. I loved that true life series Everest - Beyond The Limit! Do you climb?

Love playing darts and billiards outdoors, floating on a raft in the jacuzzi on a sunny day, and watch intelligent television, like music documentaries and biographies. I loved that true life series Everest - Beyond The Limit! Do you climb?
I do, yes. Rock climbing in the summer, ice climbing in the winter, and snow climbing in the shoulder seasons. My fiance hates heights, so I hike a lot with her and my pup, as well.

Jib

Videogames can be very helpful in reasonable amounts. They're very stimulating and beneficial if you avoid binging on them. If you exercise discipline, you can learn a lot from them, including how to make yourself feel excited. I grew up playing videogames, have enjoyed them immensely, and still do.

Far as weight goes, I'm down to 180 from 205, at 5'11". Most of what I did was reduce fat intake. I was eating way too much cheese and way too much chocolate, and would snack on cheese and chocolate bars while lounging around. Fruit juice was another one. I decided for myself that fruit juice was not helping me and actually was making me feel sick. I feel much, much better eating whole fruit compared to drinking fruit juice.

I was also making granola, which was very good, but has a ton of coconut oil. I think I simply went overboard with saturated fat and fruit juice. It's important to remember that if you're sedentary, you don't need to intake massive quantities of food. I've been surprised with how much less food I've been content to have these days.

Stress plays a big role for sure. My stress has been down a bit lately, as I've gotten better at not feeling guilty for ghosting people and taking time for myself. I burned out, and nowadays I will simply completely ignore people unless I'm actually feeling a connection and something mutually beneficial with them. Which is not common. I went through a lot of trauma and it feels like a huge relief just to be isolated and at peace for as long as possible every day. The vast majority of the time I have no interest in associating with people and it feels like paradise to me to meet most of my social needs simply by going grocery shopping, and being in the presence of people without actually talking to them.

Having purpose makes such a difference too. I've got a lot of projects to work on. I've been brainstorming a lot, which may also affect weight loss. I mean really, really intensely thinking, doing intensive audio and video editing, and a lot of time with my camera taking pictures and shooting videos. It's very stimulating and demanding mentally, but also very rewarding -- like a good workout for your brain every day. I think this is very healthy.

It can get a little intense at times. I tend to hyperfocus to extreme degrees. It's very likely this burns a ton of calories. The brain is an extremely complex processor and the more you demand of it the hotter it has to run. I do think it's important, for this reason, to balance out "yang" with "yin." I've been doing a lot of "legs up the wall" pose to relax, for example. And walking. I have a history of very hard workouts, demanding stuff on the gymnastics rings -- it's nice to take a break.

I'm typing so much now, too, because I just got a new keyboard. Technology is great. The mechanical switches on the new keyboard are such a pleasure to type on! On that note, doing something you love every day makes a huge difference. And seeking out good experiences in your mind -- keeping a "Gratitude Journal" or "Happy Journal" is a great practice. You simply write down positive experiences you had that day. Very easy and very powerful. Like I would type how much I am enjoying this keyboard, being on this forum and being able to interact with people here -- the list goes on and on. Anything you can think of. What this does over time is program your brain to seek positive experiences and to pay more attention to positive experiences. Think of it as the opposite to PTSD. You're training your brain to do the opposite. Seek positive instead of hyper-alert for negative.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Videogames can be very helpful in reasonable amounts. They're very stimulating and beneficial if you avoid binging on them. If you exercise discipline, you can learn a lot from them, including how to make yourself feel excited. I grew up playing videogames, have enjoyed them immensely, and still do.

Far as weight goes, I'm down to 180 from 205, at 5'11". Most of what I did was reduce fat intake. I was eating way too much cheese and way too much chocolate, and would snack on cheese and chocolate bars while lounging around. Fruit juice was another one. I decided for myself that fruit juice was not helping me and actually was making me feel sick. I feel much, much better eating whole fruit compared to drinking fruit juice.

I was also making granola, which was very good, but has a ton of coconut oil. I think I simply went overboard with saturated fat and fruit juice. It's important to remember that if you're sedentary, you don't need to intake massive quantities of food. I've been surprised with how much less food I've been content to have these days.

Stress plays a big role for sure. My stress has been down a bit lately, as I've gotten better at not feeling guilty for ghosting people and taking time for myself. I burned out, and nowadays I will simply completely ignore people unless I'm actually feeling a connection and something mutually beneficial with them. Which is not common. I went through a lot of trauma and it feels like a huge relief just to be isolated and at peace for as long as possible every day. The vast majority of the time I have no interest in associating with people and it feels like paradise to me to meet most of my social needs simply by going grocery shopping, and being in the presence of people without actually talking to them.

Having purpose makes such a difference too. I've got a lot of projects to work on. I've been brainstorming a lot, which may also affect weight loss. I mean really, really intensely thinking, doing intensive audio and video editing, and a lot of time with my camera taking pictures and shooting videos. It's very stimulating and demanding mentally, but also very rewarding -- like a good workout for your brain every day. I think this is very healthy.

It can get a little intense at times. I tend to hyperfocus to extreme degrees. It's very likely this burns a ton of calories. The brain is an extremely complex processor and the more you demand of it the hotter it has to run. I do think it's important, for this reason, to balance out "yang" with "yin." I've been doing a lot of "legs up the wall" pose to relax, for example. And walking. I have a history of very hard workouts, demanding stuff on the gymnastics rings -- it's nice to take a break.

I'm typing so much now, too, because I just got a new keyboard. Technology is great. The mechanical switches on the new keyboard are such a pleasure to type on! On that note, doing something you love every day makes a huge difference. And seeking out good experiences in your mind -- keeping a "Gratitude Journal" or "Happy Journal" is a great practice. You simply write down positive experiences you had that day. Very easy and very powerful. Like I would type how much I am enjoying this keyboard, being on this forum and being able to interact with people here -- the list goes on and on. Anything you can think of. What this does over time is program your brain to seek positive experiences and to pay more attention to positive experiences. Think of it as the opposite to PTSD. You're training your brain to do the opposite. Seek positive instead of hyper-alert for negative.

I really enjoyed reading this bit that you wrote Jib. You sound so much better than you did a couple of months ago. I hear you on the "ghosting" people part as I have been doing that too this year and feel a great sense of calm and peace I have not ever felt before. I feel a bit guilty still at times for not reaching out or returning calls, but my world is much nicer than the real one.

I can see video games being more brain stimulating than tv, but they do seem to be more stressful too, plus my fingers get cramped up from gripping the control pads too stressfully. I like to play "You Don't Know Jack" or "Wheel Of Fortune", those are some good thinking games!

I have a thread called "Dear Diary" and was hoping to hear about people's days. I know we all wonder what people are doing to stay positive during these stressful times, especially in different cultures around the world. Like reading a book verses watching the movie, the book is always much better. Our minds paint a more interesting picture. Funny I thought when Covid hit last year I would have so much time for projects, like finally getting to my book about learning to write Japanese, but i still can't find the extra time, being too busy doing all the cooking, dishes, laundry, cleaning and such. All my extra time is on the forum, and like you, I love it.

Leg up the wall pose? I will have to look that one up and give it a try. Somebody borrowed my inversion table and didn't return it, but I loved hanging upside down. I am anxious to get back to walking or even lying outside looking for animals or other shapes in the clouds, whenbthe heat waves settle down.

I am on the same page as you with cutting out a lot of fat too. I have never felt right drinking store bought pasteurized juice either. I read this Ray Peat quote recently that put exactly what you said into perspective. "People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat." I have been more careful with fats since reading that, and feel lighter on my feet for it.

Again it is good to hear you sounding so good!

Jib

I really enjoyed reading this bit that you wrote Jib. You sound so much better than you did a couple of months ago. I hear you on the "ghosting" people part as I have been doing that too this year and feel a great sense of calm and peace I have not ever felt before. I feel a bit guilty still at times for not reaching out or returning calls, but my world is much nicer than the real one.

I can see video games being more brain stimulating than tv, but they do seem to be more stressful too, plus my fingers get cramped up from gripping the control pads too stressfully. I like to play "You Don't Know Jack" or "Wheel Of Fortune", those are some good thinking games!

I have a thread called "Dear Diary" and was hoping to hear about people's days. I know we all wonder what people are doing to stay positive during these stressful times, especially in different cultures around the world. Like reading a book verses watching the movie, the book is always much better. Our minds paint a more interesting picture. Funny I thought when Covid hit last year I would have so much time for projects, like finally getting to my book about learning to write Japanese, but i still can't find the extra time, being too busy doing all the cooking, dishes, laundry, cleaning and such. All my extra time is on the forum, and like you, I love it.

Leg up the wall pose? I will have to look that one up and give it a try. Somebody borrowed my inversion table and didn't return it, but I loved hanging upside down. I am anxious to get back to walking or even lying outside looking for animals or other shapes in the clouds, whenbthe heat waves settle down.

I am on the same page as you with cutting out a lot of fat too. I have never felt right drinking store bought pasteurized juice either. I read this Ray Peat quote recently that put exactly what you said into perspective. "People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat." I have been more careful with fats since reading that, and feel lighter on my feet for it.

Again it is good to hear you sounding so good!
Thank you! It's been a tough year. Long story short, losing my ability to have sex and accepting -- whether it ultimately ends up being true or not -- that I'll never have an intimate sexual relationship again for the rest of my life is....liberating.

The psychic pain of the experience was so severe I feel like I died to myself, but not in a negative way. I've been laser focusing on projects like never before and am for the first time just seeing glimmers of light in the prison cell, as far as actually building my business goes. And ultimately having some kind of impact on and connection with people on a larger scale, instead of a personal, intimate scale.

Also got a hernia a couple weeks ago from overdoing gymnastics core workouts. That really threw me. Working out was one of the only solaces I had, and since I'm so hesitant about surgery, I've just been living with it, but my ability to work out with the intensity I used to is basically gone. I can only imagine what your husband went through after his tetanus shot debacle. I do wonder if the tetanus shot I got recently had something to do with that, but it may be a stretch. Who knows.

Physical limitations are pretty crushing. But in some capacity can open up other avenues. This is where the legs up the wall pose came from for me -- I have to drop the intensity of my workouts, so more relaxing stuff it is. Who knows. It may end up actually benefiting me in the long run!

I hope you've been well. One thing I've learned after enduring psychological hell and starting to make it through to the other side is that it's worth sticking things out. You simply can never know if your perspective will change for some unknown or unexpected reason. If nothing else, it's interesting to see what might happen. Reason enough for me.

I do type a lot, but I'm deliberately typing more right now because my new mechanical keyboard is such a joy to use. Cherry MX Brown switches, HyperX Pudding Keycaps. Oh boy. It's a real joy. It really is. The tactile feel of the keys, the satisfying "click" with every keystroke. Now that some more physical limitations are in place I've been typing more and I'm curious to see if I can break my current record of 120 words per minute. It's mind boggling to me to imagine people going so high as 180 or higher. It almost seems inhuman. It's amazing what we can do if we put our minds to it.

So. Back on topic. I have been a couch potato lately! I have a backless task chair (I always get task chairs and pull the backs off them)....with a Comfi Life coccyx cushion on it. I sit cross legged on it most of the time. Sometimes in the half lotus position, alternating legs once in a while, to get a good stretch.

Maybe being sedentary isn't as bad as it's made out to be if we give our fascia a decent stretching. I have a Chirp wheel I use daily to roll out my back and did enjoy doing a lot of dead hangs on the pullup bar and gym rings -- and ring inversions! Speaking of being upside down. It really feels great. And builds your grip strength like crazy.

Did I mention I love this keyboard? I can't stop! I've also been getting into cinematography. I'd love to make a short film or something like that. It isn't "sedentary" completely but....going on easy walks or very, very easy hikes, and bringing my camera with me, and taking videos of nature has been very satisfying. You'd be amazed at what macro lenses can reveal about bugs and flowers and other small things. And how telephoto lenses can get these ridiculously beautiful shots of the moon. And the wide angle lenses and others in-between. It's really so much fun.

We are meant to be stimulated. If not as much physically, then more mentally. We all have an innate balance I think. Also according to what happens to us in our lives and either physical or psychological disabilities we might develop for whatever reason. We truly are adaptive organisms. Ray gets it. It's inspiring to know that more of our reality is under control than we might initially believe.

Hope you're doing well. Let me know!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I like what you said, "Physical limitations are pretty crushing. But in some capacity can open up other avenues." I think if more people realized this they wouldn't hit that wall that leads to sadness, depression and stagnation. When your are on the road that goes right and it ends, it is time to go left, not just sit at a dead end road. It reminds me of a saying I like, "Even if you are on the right track, if you just sit there your gonna get run over." You are very intelligent Jib. Your typed responses reflect a well balanced humun that is constantly search for higher ground when trial and tribulations try to sweep them away. Maybe that learned strategy came from practice through all those video games? ?

Thanks for asking how I am doing, always so sweet how you care about people. My husband is finally getting somewhere, last week, with that debilitating knot in his back from that tetanus shot, he got last August. I really upped his calcium, started him on msm and brewers yeast last week and he is feeling like this is solvable now instead of feeling like he is slowly dying. He even had a couple of totally pain free days over the last weekend! Let me tell you he thinks I am the coolest chick more than ever now finding answers to all of his pain! It wasn't that he couldn't have gotten somewhere with this long ago, he just thought the answers were too simple and it was to troublesome for him to be consistent for his heath sake, drinking lots of milk when he didn't feel like it, and wanted food instead. Once he called a back surgeon, I had a "stern" (puting it mildly) talk with him, and he said he would give the simple solutions a try and quit fighting me on it all. Now he is seeing the back surgeon may not be necessary after all. I have learned this past couple of months that calcium is the key to removing heavy metals from the body, it has been working on my ownself too. That you Jesus!

About your sex life, don't worry too much about it. Maybe it is all for just a time, to protect your body and mind during dangengerous times. People are their own worst enemies with sex and ego being the root of their demise. You are immune for now of those things. Isn't that a video game strategy too? ?

Dr. B

Thank you! It's been a tough year. Long story short, losing my ability to have sex and accepting -- whether it ultimately ends up being true or not -- that I'll never have an intimate sexual relationship again for the rest of my life is....liberating.

The psychic pain of the experience was so severe I feel like I died to myself, but not in a negative way. I've been laser focusing on projects like never before and am for the first time just seeing glimmers of light in the prison cell, as far as actually building my business goes. And ultimately having some kind of impact on and connection with people on a larger scale, instead of a personal, intimate scale.

Also got a hernia a couple weeks ago from overdoing gymnastics core workouts. That really threw me. Working out was one of the only solaces I had, and since I'm so hesitant about surgery, I've just been living with it, but my ability to work out with the intensity I used to is basically gone. I can only imagine what your husband went through after his tetanus shot debacle. I do wonder if the tetanus shot I got recently had something to do with that, but it may be a stretch. Who knows.

Physical limitations are pretty crushing. But in some capacity can open up other avenues. This is where the legs up the wall pose came from for me -- I have to drop the intensity of my workouts, so more relaxing stuff it is. Who knows. It may end up actually benefiting me in the long run!

I hope you've been well. One thing I've learned after enduring psychological hell and starting to make it through to the other side is that it's worth sticking things out. You simply can never know if your perspective will change for some unknown or unexpected reason. If nothing else, it's interesting to see what might happen. Reason enough for me.

I do type a lot, but I'm deliberately typing more right now because my new mechanical keyboard is such a joy to use. Cherry MX Brown switches, HyperX Pudding Keycaps. Oh boy. It's a real joy. It really is. The tactile feel of the keys, the satisfying "click" with every keystroke. Now that some more physical limitations are in place I've been typing more and I'm curious to see if I can break my current record of 120 words per minute. It's mind boggling to me to imagine people going so high as 180 or higher. It almost seems inhuman. It's amazing what we can do if we put our minds to it.

So. Back on topic. I have been a couch potato lately! I have a backless task chair (I always get task chairs and pull the backs off them)....with a Comfi Life coccyx cushion on it. I sit cross legged on it most of the time. Sometimes in the half lotus position, alternating legs once in a while, to get a good stretch.

Maybe being sedentary isn't as bad as it's made out to be if we give our fascia a decent stretching. I have a Chirp wheel I use daily to roll out my back and did enjoy doing a lot of dead hangs on the pullup bar and gym rings -- and ring inversions! Speaking of being upside down. It really feels great. And builds your grip strength like crazy.

Did I mention I love this keyboard? I can't stop! I've also been getting into cinematography. I'd love to make a short film or something like that. It isn't "sedentary" completely but....going on easy walks or very, very easy hikes, and bringing my camera with me, and taking videos of nature has been very satisfying. You'd be amazed at what macro lenses can reveal about bugs and flowers and other small things. And how telephoto lenses can get these ridiculously beautiful shots of the moon. And the wide angle lenses and others in-between. It's really so much fun.

We are meant to be stimulated. If not as much physically, then more mentally. We all have an innate balance I think. Also according to what happens to us in our lives and either physical or psychological disabilities we might develop for whatever reason. We truly are adaptive organisms. Ray gets it. It's inspiring to know that more of our reality is under control than we might initially believe.

Hope you're doing well. Let me know!

what happened, how come you cant have sex anymore

I like what you said, "Physical limitations are pretty crushing. But in some capacity can open up other avenues." I think if more people realized this they wouldn't hit that wall that leads to sadness, depression and stagnation. When your are on the road that goes right and it ends, it is time to go left, not just sit at a dead end road. It reminds me of a saying I like, "Even if you are on the right track, if you just sit there your gonna get run over." You are very intelligent Jib. Your typed responses reflect a well balanced humun that is constantly search for higher ground when trial and tribulations try to sweep them away. Maybe that learned strategy came from practice through all those video games? ?

Thanks for asking how I am doing, always so sweet how you care about people. My husband is finally getting somewhere, last week, with that debilitating knot in his back from that tetanus shot, he got last August. I really upped his calcium, started him on msm and brewers yeast last week and he is feeling like this is solvable now instead of feeling like he is slowly dying. He even had a couple of totally pain free days over the last weekend! Let me tell you he thinks I am the coolest chick more than ever now finding answers to all of his pain! It wasn't that he couldn't have gotten somewhere with this long ago, he just thought the answers were too simple and it was to troublesome for him to be consistent for his heath sake, drinking lots of milk when he didn't feel like it, and wanted food instead. Once he called a back surgeon, I had a "stern" (puting it mildly) talk with him, and he said he would give the simple solutions a try and quit fighting me on it all. Now he is seeing the back surgeon may not be necessary after all. I have learned this past couple of months that calcium is the key to removing heavy metals from the body, it has been working on my ownself too. That you Jesus!

About your sex life, don't worry too much about it. Maybe it is all for just a time, to protect your body and mind during dangengerous times. People are their own worst enemies with sex and ego being the root of their demise. You are immune for now of those things. Isn't that a video game strategy too? ?

why did your husband get the tetanus shot and what were the side effects thus far?

Jib

Thank you for the kind words. So glad to hear your husband is finally healing up too. That's incredible. A whole year of that and just now he's starting to see there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. It's really life changing when you feel that. There is not much worse than the hopelessness/listlessness that comes with giving up.

So interesting about the calcium. I may really have to consider this. In the past I had 8 very large amalgam fillings removed from molars in every quadrant of my mouth. Also spent years working in a dirty warehouse. I am sure I'm filled with all kinds of contaminants.

re: sex. It's all about intimacy/connection, whether casual or long-term or whatever. I may be biased but that kind of thing seems so hard to find these days. Everyone is so distracted and disconnected, especially among my generation and probably younger too. It's hard to imagine it getting worse. But it may. Being able to turn the phone off and be truly present with another person seems like a distant memory now. From an era long passed by. It would be nice to see first person evidence that the entire world hasn't shifted completely into that sad of a state. I really do miss feeling an actual connection with someone and it's been such a long time I don't quite remember what it's like. But a part of me feels like I know I need it.

But! I'm still keeping a positive attitude. So I agree about the sex thing. It's just for the time being. And even if it's not...well. It is what it is. I am enjoying a lot more lately by myself. I've been making a concentrated effort to center myself when I start getting overwhelmed with negative thoughts. Not to make myself feel good, but to stay on track.

Again...so glad to hear about your husband finally getting back on track and recovering. That is huge news. I know what it's like to spend an entire year completely debilitated and hopeless. And feeling like you're wasting away and everything just grows more and more grim.

So to come out of that is a real miracle. I'm very happy for him. And for you. That gives me hope as well. To know someone else was in the pits for an entire year plus, and didn't believe they could come out of it, to be recovering -- well. That's what this forum is all about, ultimately. From what it seems to me. So glad to hear it.

what happened, how come you cant have sex anymore

why did your husband get the tetanus shot and what were the side effects thus far?

Rexulti a couple years ago causing apparently permanent premature ejaculation. And I mean severe, severe, no ability to enjoy intercourse or "outercourse" (being polite here) in any capacity, just ejaculate immediately. Several years prior to that med had near full ejaculation control without even thinking about it and all of a sudden -- bam. Abilify (predecessor to Rexulti) has caused spontaneous ejaculations in at least one study and that should be enough to raise red flags. PSSD is very real -- post SSRI sexual dysfunction -- but stays under the radar because the doctors don't want people to know about it. Huge problem, which I believe extends to other psychotropic drugs as well.

I'm having hope for recovery. That is always critical. It's been 2 years and not much has changed but I've had very sporadic moments of hope. I believe it can be "cured" with rigorous training and re-programming of the brain and reflexes but it's overcoming a problem that never would have existed without that drug. I feel fortunate in a sense because many people with sexual disabilities from drugs can't even get an erection, or they feel complete genital numbness, including during orgasm. If only people who avoid the jab like the plague would avoid other pharmaceuticals with the same passion. Or be more vocal about it. These companies can literally get away with murder.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals