Reflexology

OP
L

Logan-

How can a simple foot&hand massage feel so good? Sometimes also head massage. I want to understand this.

What do you think about reflexology?
I am a firm believer in reflexology. I have kept a laminated chart in the house for years so we can identify problems.

1699800489576.jpeg

1699800463856.jpeg

How can a simple foot&hand massage feel so good? Sometimes also head massage. I want to understand this.
Reflexology isn’t a massage, it is finding the problematic areas and really digging in on them to stimulate those particular nerves which in turn stimulate the organs and other areas that are attached to the inflamed nerves. This would naturally happen if we were walking barefoot, but we don’t nowadays. Ray Peat said massage can actually make a person sick because of the lactic acid it creates. Massage feels good, reflexology doesn’t feel good. Those knots feel like rocks and can be pretty painful to unlock.

“Reflexology aims to improve the function of the human organs, while massage is designed to relieve tension throughout the muscles.”

OP
L

Logan-

In order to talk of “the difference” in a meaningful way, we first must inquire whether the foundations of reflexology (e.g. the foot reflexology charts you shared) are true or not (and to what degree they correspond to reality); how and why they originated, the conditons in which they originated, the data, testimonials, reviews, analyses etc.

My aim in creating this thread is to find these out.

Last edited:
OP
L

Logan-

You may start by sharing your experience with it, something worthy of appreciation.

In order to talk of “the difference” in a meaningful way, we first must inquire whether the foundations of reflexology (i.e. the foot reflexology charts you shared) are true or not (and to what degree they correspond to reality); how and why they originated, the conditons in which they originated, the data, testimonials, reviews, analyses etc.

My aim in creating this thread is to find these out.
For me the “true”, proof, is in personal results, though reflexology has been around for centuries…

“The origins of reflexology, dates back to 2500 BC to ancient Egypt. “

I have not experienced ear reflexology, but I have a girlfriend who swears by it, and gets it done by her chiropractor. It sure beats medications…

“What are the 3 types of reflexology?

images

• Foot Reflexology. Is the stimulation of the foot for health conditions in other parts of the body using specific hand and finger techniques.
  • Hand Reflexology. Is the stimulation of the hands for health conditions in other parts of the body.
  • Ear Reflexology.”

“Foot reflexology has far-reaching health benefits compared to foot massage, as it triggers a holistic healing response in the body. Modern research studies have also shown reflexology to alleviate post-surgery pain and reduce the side effects of cancer chemotherapy (nausea, vomiting, fatigue etc).”

“Eunice Ingham’s undisputable contributions to the world of Reflexology are as follows:

1. The discovery that the reflexes on the feet are a mirror image of all the organs, glands and parts of the body - the charted map of the reflexes according to the anatomical model.

2. The alternating pressure, has a stimulating effect on the body rather than a numbing effect as demonstrated by Dr. Fitzgerald.”

You may start by sharing your experience with it, something worthy of appreciation.
It relieved an extreme panic attack where I couldn’t breath, which my knot was connected to my adrenals. My son had chronic stomach aches, that were keeping him out of school, and a reflexology session cured him. We had a lady come to our house and treat all of us one day and just by finding the knots in each of our feet she predicted what each of us were struggling with. It is pretty amazing stuff. I like chiropractic care over medical “bandaids”, as it has cured my son’s asthma, but the neck manipulation makes me nervous, and has backfired on people I know. I have nothing but positive to say about reflexology. It is very gentle.

OP
L

Logan-

It relieved an extreme panic attack where I couldn’t breath, which my knot was connected to my adrenals. My son had chronic stomach aches, that were keeping him out of school, and a reflexology session cured him. We had a lady come to our house and treat all of us one day and just by finding the knots in each of our feet she predicted what each of us were struggling with. It is pretty amazing stuff. I like chiropractic care over medical “bandaids”, as it has cured my son’s asthma, but the neck manipulation makes me nervous, and has backfired on people I know. I have nothing but positive to say about reflexology. It is very gentle.
That’s interesting, yours too but especially curing your son’s stomach aches and asthma. How long did the each session last? Are the “knots” similar to the kind of knots people sometimes have on their shoulders? Like the knots move when circular or straight lined pressure is applied with fingers.

Last edited:
That’s interesting, yours too but especially curing your son’s stomach aches and asthma. How long did the each session last? Are the “knots” similar to the kind of knots people sometimes have on their shoulders? Like the knots move when circular or straight lined pressure is applied with fingers.
The chiropractic session cured my son’s asthma, in just one session. He was on Albuterol for years and never again after that appointment. In reflexology the knots are like little pebbles, really really hard and really painful when the reflexologist rubs it. They are in deep. It is the end of the inflamed nerve. The ones in shoulders are muscles knotted up, totally different. A reflexologist works the nerve and it sends a signal back to wake up the area the nerve is attached to.

OP
L

Logan-

I’ll research this more when I have time, thanks for sharing. @Rinse & rePeat feel free to share info about reflexology in this thread. I appreciate it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals