andrewlee224

If you have trouble breathing while mewing or have no results while mewing or you feel stressed while mewing - PLEASE take a look at this thread I put together

It is IMPERATIVE you are able to breathe while performing the suction mew and that you are leveraging your neck muscles to generate enough FORCE -
please DO NOT give up - if I did it - so can YOU
Can mewing be effective if a person is way past puberty? I'd hope yes?

JamesGatz

Can mewing be effective if a person is way past puberty? I'd hope yes?
Yes definitely- I would prioritize high metabolism and either high progesterone or high DHT or a combination of the two to an extent - when my metabolic rate is high and I either have high DHT/Prog - my skull expansion and forward growth I experience is very rapid - the growth I receive in a day with minimal effort surpasses than any amount of effort I put in a week when I was unhealthy - in my view it is natural in a healthy metabolic state

DirtySkeeze

Yes definitely- I would prioritize high metabolism and either high progesterone or high DHT or a combination of the two to an extent - when my metabolic rate is high and I either have high DHT/Prog - my skull expansion and forward growth I experience is very rapid - the growth I receive in a day with minimal effort surpasses than any amount of effort I put in a week when I was unhealthy - in my view it is natural in a healthy metabolic state
What would you consider high progesterone? How much should i add to my daily intake?

Cooper

No pics? Bummer. Anyway, I'm glad for you. If I may ask, what made you believe your jaw positioning was genetic? Is the fact that a simple appliance was so overwhelmingly successful at fixing your issue not a definite proof that genes had nothing to do with it (I'm sure you're not trying to imply that the appliance changed your genes!)? Basically every normal person is genetically equipped to have a defined and forwardly positioned jawline as well as proper occlusion. The lack of these is always caused by postural dysfunction. Most have perfect facial structures as children, only to gradually lose it over time as the consequences of sedentariness begin to set it.
For the sake of my love\ hate relationship with the science, my rusty TARDIS calculated the time zone's a bit wrong, so sorry for the delay. Here you go:

First two was before theraphy, around march. Rest is from close to summer and from summer photos. All photos are taken without the braces in my mouth, no mewing.
Pff, this forum's interface is really outdated. Now im trying to fix my Post Accutane Syndrome with the gut theory, and possibly my chronic acne with it too. 3 weeks of waterfast is on it's way.

Keep in mind that when i took photos of those improved versions of my mandible, i tended to flex it a little bit to forward.
Especially on the last one, but it is close to this in real life. The more time you wear braces the more sub- conscious it gets for your mandible muscles.
And yeah, that neckbeard had to go:D:hairpull

Attachments

• Bad 1.jpg
    Bad 1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 84
  • bad2.jpg
    bad2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 75
  • good1.jpg
    good1.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 77
  • InkedIMG_20210820_165551_051_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20210820_165551_051_LI.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 83
  • good3.jpg
    good3.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

ChadGPT

Does anyone know if mewing can change the forehead? My forehead is less prominent on one side so that side of my face looks like it’s melting.

TheSir

@Cooper Sorry I had missed your reply. That's a remarkable change, thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know if mewing can change the forehead? My forehead is less prominent on one side so that side of my face looks like it’s melting.
It's possible. Posture and breathing can influence the shape of your skull, as well as the exact position of your teeth/occlusion generates specific forces against the skull.

OP
L

Logan-

OP
L

Logan-

@TheSir, are you a researcher in this or a related field by profession or just a curious learner? The knowledge and interest you have shared in this thread is impressive. How did you learn all of this, what do you read, what made you so interested; could you share?

TheSir

@TheSir, are you a researcher in this or a related field by profession or just a curious learner? The knowledge and interest you have shared in this thread is impressive. How did you learn all of this, what do you read, what made you so interested; could you share?
Just a concerned citizen, hehe. I have no qualifications and I haven't done any relevant training or reading. Insofar as you are inquiring how you could get your hands to the same knowledge I'm possessing, I'm afraid I'm unable to answer. What I have shared may even not be knowledge at all. In good and bad, it's the sum of my own experimentations, a few anatomical illustrations from Google, as well as various intuitive hunches derived from these two.

OP
L

Logan-

Just a concerned citizen, hehe. I have no qualifications and I haven't done any relevant training or reading. Insofar as you are inquiring how you could get your hands to the same knowledge I'm possessing, I'm afraid I'm unable to answer. What I have shared may even not be knowledge at all. In good and bad, it's the sum of my own experimentations, a few anatomical illustrations from Google, as well as various intuitive hunches derived from these two.
I appreciate your honest reply.

OP
L

Logan-

Interesting: