Receding gums

Blue Water

I am convinced I caused my own tissue erosion through over brushing. I thought using a soft brush tooth brush was b.s., it doesn't feel like it does anything, so I switched to medium, and I brushed too vigorously... really frustrating that it's just gone forever and to be honest, grafting sketches me out. I feel like something bad can happen with grafting and you could some some weird complication or infection.

Sergey

Guys, don’t you think that could be not a biochemical, but rather microbiological issue? There are some very specific bacteria which live at the gum/tooth interface. Mouth flora is complex, but I remember seeing a diagram with corynebacteriums loving that particular niche. Methanogenic archaea is also often abundant in periodontal diseases and correlates with its severity. Those archaea are close relatives of methanobrevibacters which can overgrow in small intestine and cause upper gi issues and constipation.
In TCM receding gums is a symptom of “stomach heat” and treatment is about avoiding meat and everything “heating”, taking short courses of coptis or coptis/skulcap combination. I saw coptis mouth rinse being prescribed for “stomach heat” too and I like it a lot.
In general, “thin”, “boring” diet is prescribed for stomach heat. The opposite of beef/eggs/coffee/cheese etc.
One thing which directly inhibits archaea is pufa, maybe thats why oil pulling has been used traditionally to support gums health.

It takes more than a couple of supplements to change a particular microbiome, so maybe thats why this issue could be persistent.

Blue Water

Guys, don’t you think that could be not a biochemical, but rather microbiological issue? There are some very specific bacteria which live at the gum/tooth interface. Mouth flora is complex, but I remember seeing a diagram with corynebacteriums loving that particular niche. Methanogenic archaea is also often abundant in periodontal diseases and correlates with its severity. Those archaea are close relatives of methanobrevibacters which can overgrow in small intestine and cause upper gi issues and constipation.
In TCM receding gums is a symptom of “stomach heat” and treatment is about avoiding meat and everything “heating”, taking short courses of coptis or coptis/skulcap combination. I saw coptis mouth rinse being prescribed for “stomach heat” too and I like it a lot.
In general, “thin”, “boring” diet is prescribed for stomach heat. The opposite of beef/eggs/coffee/cheese etc.
One thing which directly inhibits archaea is pufa, maybe thats why oil pulling has been used traditionally to support gums health.

It takes more than a couple of supplements to change a particular microbiome, so maybe thats why this issue could be persistent.
Have you heard of Rhemannia root? I'm seeing this herb mentioned frequently as well. I don't know how safe it is.

“Patients would clean their teeth well, yet gum disease would often worsen. It made me think that the cause of gum disease had to go beyond just plaque build-up on teeth.

As it turns out, it’s all related to Vitamin K2.

In this series, we explored the role of Vitamin K2 inside the teeth. Now we’ll look outside the teeth to see how it can help you prevent gum disease or stop it in its tracks at an early stage.“

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals