Gum Problems After Progesterone Use

thomas00

I was using decent amounts topically then after about a week developed a lot of pain in my gums which didn't go away until I stopped using progesterone. Now my gums have receded and I'm desperately trying to solve it with oil pulling, xylitol rinsing and mouthwash with no significant effect.

Has anyone else experienced this after using progesterone? And if so how did you remedy it?

dand

My gums hurt a little sometimes when I take things like progesterone. I think it’s from increased nutrient requirements. Try fat solubles, zinc, and /or b6

SaltGirl

You need a lot of Vitamin C. Exogenous hormones tend to increase Vit C levels.

If you google Vitamin C deficiency and Receding Gums you will see that these two things go hand in hand.

johnwester130

progesterone will deplete glycine - so you need gelatin and vitamin c

This is because glycine is the main amino acid used in the brain, but also in tissue repair

I have a theory that drugs work by sending all your body's glycine to the brain , leaving little left for the body

OP
T

thomas00

Thanks for the suggestions.

Plenty of Vitamin C for a couple of weeks hasn't helped much. I'll give glycine a go.

Stilgar

I think Ray has mentioned that gut bacteria can convert progesterone to estrogen. How is your gut? Ray also mentioned to me that problems with progesterone could occur if inflammation is very high from other causes (e.g. low thyroid) and androgens are low.

OP
T

thomas00

My gut health is very poor and I haven't been able to make lasting improvements.

I have plenty of hypo symptoms too. My thyroid journey has only started in the last few months. Frustratingly hit and miss so far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals