Receding Gums Part 2

RedLightMan

@DaveFoster have you tried red light?

My experience is as follows. Before low carbing/paleo I had a lot of bone loss. Then I used probiotics and improved my gut health somewhat and my teeth got better, my pockets shrunk down.

Then I started Peat inspired diet in December, 2015. My mouth hurt a lot. My teeth hurt. My gums hurt. I felt like I had gone backwards a lot. I stopped OJ and that helped. I think my magnesium and calcium ratios were bad but maybe overall I didn't have the cellular energetics to process all the sugar, OJ etc. I was consuming.

I had posted this then:
if you are aching and teeth hurting, may be too much magnesium

Now, about a month ago I had a cleaning, and it was perfect. The dentist and hygienist are the best of the best. They said they hadn't seen teeth as good as mine amongst any of their patients my age (mid 50s.)

And I floss but brush my teeth maybe once a day, if that.

And now I'm drinking 750ml or so of OJ and a lot of milk. No more teeth problems.

Anyway, to further improve...

I'm illuminating my mouth and teeth with very intense red light from the Red Light device from @RedLightMan. I am thinking this will help even more. I am careful to keep closing my mouth and making sure my teeth don't heat up. But I'd suggest you try it.

Good thinking @ecstatichamster
Oral red/ir light therapy is something with a lot of research behind it now. Whether it is for regenerating the dentin/pulp of teeth (thus reducing sensitivity), or improving saliva quality, or even killing acid-producing bacteria, there are so many studies. It should help with receding gums too. I've listed over 40 studies at the bottom of this post: redlightman.com/blog/red-light-therapy-improves-all-oral-health

I think it's a good habit to open your mouth and blast the teeth with red/ir light twice a day. Just make it part of your oral hygiene routine basically. It is especially useful after any sort of tooth injury or dental surgery. There are even some preliminary studies showing a link between oral light therapy and improved thyroid function.

mujuro

I bought caffeine powder from PureBulk and dump about 1g (100mg caffeine) into a 250ml glass. I take 3 big mouthfuls, hold each one in my mouth for 2-3 minutes. It may be too early to tell but my gums definitely feel better when I brush my teeth.

The dose and time held in my mouth are completely arbitrary on my part.

tara

Tried oil-pulling with coconut oil? I haven't yet, but read good things about it for gum and tooth health.

mirc12354

brush your teeth with baking soda! It is magic on bacteria in the mouth! Rinse with oregano extract, good natural anti biotic. Coconut oil is good too just not as strong. I brush in this order, brush with cheap toothpaste, rinse, floss, brush with basking soda( and brush tongue, checks walls of mouth) gargle/rinse, use water pick, then use Philips sonicare electric toothbrush with LIVfree toothpaste, has EDTA in it. Teeth gums are amazing, had not been to dentist in 15 years. no plaque build up! I use to get a lot! And I am old! :)

FYI cut a garlic clove in half and place on any infection the mouth or any bad tooth. instant relief! Kills all bacteria fast! Burns a little too but helluva lot better than a tooth ache!

I would need a vacation to go through this procedure... how long does it take you to go through it??

tomisonbottom

I used to have this problem and it was in fact bacterial related. It's a circular issue.. Or was for me. I avoided the dentist for many years and when I finally went I got a dna swab of the bacteria in my mouth and also a stool test (forward thinking dentist). Turns out my mouth was so infected with pathogenic bacteria it had taken over my gut as well. I had a few months of deep cleanings of my gums and the problem was solved. If yours isn't that bad yet I would try the vit c and maybe cut back the sugar for a bit so you're not feeding the bacteria excessively.

I did use antibiotics it was one round and I don't remember which kind. But I think the deep cleaning (root planing) was what really fixed the problem. And obviously you have to maintain cleanings on a bi yearly basis from then on.

So when you say the problem was solved, do you mean it didn't get any worse, or did receding gums actually come back up?

tomisonbottom

I'm having some problems with receding gums; I'm 19 and my teeth regularly hurt and the gums keep moving further away from the teeth.

My diet is as follows:

- 1 gal milk
- 0.5 L OJ
- 2 oz liver
- 3 oysters
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar (in milk)
- 1-2 TBSP salt

I supplement a lot, including methylene blue, K2, etc. I also oil pull occasionally and brush with bentonite clay.

Could the sugar be causing the gum recession? Right now, I'm battling a gut problem (viral infection or bacterial overgrowth), and this is leading to a lot of inflammation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How is it now Dave? Did you ever try antibiotics, or check your vitamin D levels?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

My teeth are less sensitive since I started using thyroid. If I eat something sweet, I rinse a few times with water afterwards.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Eating peaty, everything is sweet. Do you rinse 5x each day?
Sometimes, but lately, I've been consuming largely milk, eggs and potatoes with some sandwiches here and there.

shepherdgirl

Hi Dave,
Re: your sensitive teeth - perhaps something in your diet or teeth cleaning routine is making them sensitive. When i brushed my teeth with baking soda, at first they were fine, but after a while they started to ache. i no longer use it for brushing my teeth. Also fruit acids made my teeth ache. I try to drink oj with a straw to avoid getting it on my teeth, and i avoid brushing my teeth for a while after drinking anything acidic, because i heard that acids can soften the enamel, so if you brush your teeth right after something acidic it can cause erosion.

I'm currently experimenting with no coke. I've been drinking either water with sugar or melon/apple juice instead, and also been supplementing with more caffeine to make up for not getting it from coke. I think my teeth feel better. Also, I think the water they use to make coke may have a lot of fluoride depending on where you live, so maybe it wasn't just the phosphoric acid that was negatively affecting my teeth.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

You aren't concerned about eating too much starch?
No, life's too short.

Hi Dave,
Re: your sensitive teeth - perhaps something in your diet or teeth cleaning routine is making them sensitive. When i brushed my teeth with baking soda, at first they were fine, but after a while they started to ache. i no longer use it for brushing my teeth. Also fruit acids made my teeth ache. I try to drink oj with a straw to avoid getting it on my teeth, and i avoid brushing my teeth for a while after drinking anything acidic, because i heard that acids can soften the enamel, so if you brush your teeth right after something acidic it can cause erosion.
Not a problem any more really, but thank you.

Saphire

Something I have found to increase my teeth and gum health is brushing my gum line gently with a drop of pure liquid coconut based soap. It has an alkaline pH and seems to stay on teeth and gums better between meals than a baking soda rinse. It makes my gums a healthy pink and teeth squeeky clean and plague free. If it's an acidty issue that might help.

I've also noticed that a diet supplemented high in sodium and magnesium seems to allow calcium to be antagonized very well and end up in higher concentration in saliva (to a point that I can taste a milky flavor in my saliva even though I don't drink much milk). Personally I don't think I'm able to maintain sufficient extracellular sodium concentration on a gallon of milk per day, so that may be something to consider whether that's working for you with your current state of your thyroid and evaporation rate due to your lifestyle and room/outdoor temperature.

Also it may be possible to have some mineral deficiencies in trace minerals with that amount of refined sugar, especially if you are having gut issues and might not be absorbing all that you eat.
What is coconut base soap and where do I purchase it?

Blue Water

My dentist saw some receding gums for me today. He says its because I was brushing too vigorously with manual tooth brush. He says I will basically need a gum graft within the next 5-10 years depending on how I maintain the gums. Is there really no way to regrow gums naturally?

L_C

My dentist saw some receding gums for me today. He says its because I was brushing too vigorously with manual tooth brush. He says I will basically need a gum graft within the next 5-10 years depending on how I maintain the gums. Is there really no way to regrow gums naturally?
Have you checked your prolactin? Personally, I think majority of receding gum cases are related to elevated prolactin levels for longer periods of time.

Prolactin melts your bones and the teeth is number one place to see it.

Blue Water

Have you checked your prolactin? Personally, I think majority of receding gum cases are related to elevated prolactin levels for longer periods of time.

Prolactin melts your bones and the teeth is number one place to see it.
How do you lower prolactin?

L_C

How do you lower prolactin?
A good question. You need to figure out why it's being elevated in the first place. Is it due to inflammation or excess stress?

Personally, I have been taking lisuride but haven't retested it.

People on the forum had success with bromocriptine or cabergoline which you can order from alldaychemist or other online pharmacies without prescription.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals