How to stop Receding Gums (periodontitis) ?

randomguy

Hello,

After terrible diet for most of my life (junk food, energy drinks, etc.) I have receding gums (periodontitis) not Gingivitis, and I'm only in my 20s.

I been reading a lot about it in this forum and I wonder is there anything possible to do to stop it or at least slow it down? I know you can't regrow your gums.

I don't have a lot of money to go to the dentist, and I know that waiting lines are crazy right now.

What Im doing right now:

Drinking mostly goat milk, cheese, gelatin.
Aiming for 1,5 : 1 : 1 Calcium : Phosphorus : Magnesium ratio
Taking Vitamin D3, Vitamin k2-mk4, Vitamin C, Zinc.
No Starch

Using Xylitol, Arginine and Glycine moutwash after every meal.
Red light therapy every day for 10 minutes.

I wonder if anyone have any tips that would help or are dealing with the same problem and somehow managed to stop it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

After terrible diet for most of my life (junk food, energy drinks, etc.) I have receding gums (periodontitis) not Gingivitis, and I'm only in my 20s.

I been reading a lot about it in this forum and I wonder is there anything possible to do to stop it or at least slow it down? I know you can't regrow your gums.

I don't have a lot of money to go to the dentist, and I know that waiting lines are crazy right now.

What Im doing right now:

No Starch

I wonder if anyone have any tips that would help or are dealing with the same problem and somehow managed to stop it?

Thanks.
You can regrow gums. I had a crooked tooth that I had straightened, with braces, that didn’t blend in right from the gums recessing, and over time it filled. To fix it I took chlorella, because it is said it helps with gum growth. For your gingivitis I would recommend oil pulling at bedtime for at least 10 minutes with coconut oil. Get a very soft toothbrush too, no hard bristles. They tear up your gums.

“Used to promote healthy gums, the chlorophyll in Chlorellahas been shown to tighten teeth, aid new tissue growth, and prevent bleeding of the gums.”

Just for the cheer and to see my teeth and gums, here is a pics from the end of October with my girlfriend. It is the tooth on my right, next to my two front teeth, the side that is primarily showing, that the gums filled in.

Attachments

• C8B328C4-3B97-49D3-9712-D132D8177E81.jpeg
    C8B328C4-3B97-49D3-9712-D132D8177E81.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 187
OP
R

randomguy

“Used to promote healthy gums, the chlorophyll in Chlorellahas been shown to tighten teeth, aid new tissue growth, and prevent bleeding of the gums.”

Thank you so much, I will order it and Im going to try it.

Thank you so much, I will order it and Im going to try it.
I don’t know how “Peaty” chlorella is, so read up and make sure of the quality. I used Sun chlorella.

Attachments

• DA907B2D-4932-4276-B2F8-0DDA8AFD8EA6.jpeg
    DA907B2D-4932-4276-B2F8-0DDA8AFD8EA6.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 55
  • A03052EF-AE43-4384-8539-4D3C1EF481E3.jpeg
    A03052EF-AE43-4384-8539-4D3C1EF481E3.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 55

HighT

You can also swish with hydrogen peroxide. But make sure it is deluted version like 3%, cause there are 30% which will burn you.

I think ubiquinol will be most effective.
Yes, I think any form of Co-enzyme Q10 is great. I once visited the dentist’s and was told I had gum disease and it would never be cured but could be managed.

Years later I visited the same dentist for a check up. I asked how my gums were and she said fine so I reminded her of her comment years earlier, she asked me what I had changed and I said that I started takin CQ10, she dismissed my comment and said that I must have changed my brushing technique lol.

I went on a week long hike with a friend and offered him a single capsule of CQ10 for energy which he took. The next morning he asked the name of what I had given him because that morning his gums never bled when he brushed his teeth for the first time in years.

DonLore

To add, things like cloves, eucalyptus oil, other herbs and spices can be very effective in killing bacteria in mouth when chewed/swirled. But gut health seems also very important.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Good stuff everyone - thanks for sharing.
When I do oil pulling, I add 1 drop of oregano oil to the teaspoon. It makes it taste better.

Smitty

Get a very soft toothbrush too, no hard bristles. They tear up your gums.
To add, when you do brush, don’t scrape the toothbrush across the gum line either. Tilt the brush 45 degrees against the gums and wiggle the bristles, then lift and move to the next tooth/section. A lot of gum recession comes from bad brushing habits.

L_C

Yes, I think any form of Co-enzyme Q10 is great. I once visited the dentist’s and was told I had gum disease and it would never be cured but could be managed.

Years later I visited the same dentist for a check up. I asked how my gums were and she said fine so I reminded her of her comment years earlier, she asked me what I had changed and I said that I started takin CQ10, she dismissed my comment and said that I must have changed my brushing technique lol.

I went on a week long hike with a friend and offered him a single capsule of CQ10 for energy which he took. The next morning he asked the name of what I had given him because that morning his gums never bled when he brushed his teeth for the first time in years.
Which brand/type of cq10 do you use?

AlisonG

I developed an auto-immune disease that reduces saliva production and went from perfect teeth to needing 6 fillings, having periodontal disease, as well as bone-loss in a couple places. I started a more rigorous routine and after about a year, I had turned around the Perio and have no signs of it, in spite of still having the saliva-production issue. My gums are healthy, though not regrown to their original height, and the bone-loss has halted. Here's my routine. I did not make any dietary changes.
-Regular cleanings. It is expensive, but you will SAVE in the long-run. In my experience, there are few things that are a more important investment.
-Brushing morning and night with rotating toothbrush (far more effective at cleaning)
-Nightly flossing after brushing
-NIghtly Waterpik after brushing and flossing (Using ozonated water)
-NIghtly swishing for several minutes with a few drops of Uncle Harry's remineralizaton liquid (includes essential oil)
-10 minutes with Tal's dental red light.

For the first year or so, I was making ozonated water to put into the waterpik. I mention this, because I believe this may have been the heavy-hitter in the turn-around. I have heard from my dental hygienist that she has other patients who have worked miracles with ozonated water. It's kind of a hassle to make it, because it's important not to breathe in the gas, so you almost need a special location to do it. I used my basement, let the machine run, then held my breath long enough to grab the water, to carry it up to the bathroom. On a side note, I asked a holistic dentist (who worked regularly with ozone in his practice) whether hydrogen peroxide was just as good as ozone for what I was intending to use it for and he said "not nearly". So, I persisted with making the ozonated water nightly for a year, but have since been slacking-off (for about a year). I will go back to the ozone if I see any progress-reversal. This is another way that cleanings pay-off... the hygienist can compare notes from last cleaning to current cleaning to monitor progress that is too technical for you to do yourself.
As far as the ozone machine used, I couldn't bring myself to purchase one of the machines that uses the oxygen tank and makes pure ozone. They are all $$$$. I bought one that uses ambient air. So apparently this type makes nitrogen compounds along with the ozone. I decided since I wasn't drinking it, it would probably be okay. (If there's an ozone expert who can speak to this, please do!) This nitrogen compound issue may be more or less relevant depending upon the make. Mine is an Enaly brand with a dehydrating filter.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

A-Tim

I think CoQ10 is chemically similar K2 in certain ways. In the same way K2 has a coagulating effect, perhaps CoQ10 shares the same property.

Peatress

I healed a receding gum but I don't know how I did it. One change I did make this year was to stop using an electric toothbrush. I don't use toothpaste either. Instead I use sodium bicarbonate but not daily. I also just brush with just water sometimes.

David PS

Rinsing with very salty water helps with healing as well. Dentist often recommend salt water swishes after tooth extractions.

L_C

I developed an auto-immune disease that reduces saliva production and went from perfect teeth to needing 6 fillings, having periodontal disease, as well as bone-loss in a couple places. I started a more rigorous routine and after about a year, I had turned around the Perio and have no signs of it, in spite of still having the saliva-production issue. My gums are healthy, though not regrown to their original height, and the bone-loss has halted. Here's my routine. I did not make any dietary changes.
-Regular cleanings. It is expensive, but you will SAVE in the long-run. In my experience, there are few things that are a more important investment.
-Brushing morning and night with rotating toothbrush (far more effective at cleaning)
-Nightly flossing after brushing
-NIghtly Waterpik after brushing and flossing (Using ozonated water)
-NIghtly swishing for several minutes with a few drops of Uncle Harry's remineralizaton liquid (includes essential oil)
-10 minutes with Tal's dental red light.

For the first year or so, I was making ozonated water to put into the waterpik. I mention this, because I believe this may have been the heavy-hitter in the turn-around. I have heard from my dental hygienist that she has other patients who have worked miracles with ozonated water. It's kind of a hassle to make it, because it's important not to breathe in the gas, so you almost need a special location to do it. I used my basement, let the machine run, then held my breath long enough to grab the water, to carry it up to the bathroom. On a side note, I asked a holistic dentist (who worked regularly with ozone in his practice) whether hydrogen peroxide was just as good as ozone for what I was intending to use it for and he said "not nearly". So, I persisted with making the ozonated water nightly for a year, but have since been slacking-off (for about a year). I will go back to the ozone if I see any progress-reversal. This is another way that cleanings pay-off... the hygienist can compare notes from last cleaning to current cleaning to monitor progress that is too technical for you to do yourself.
As far as the ozone machine used, I couldn't bring myself to purchase one of the machines that uses the oxygen tank and makes pure ozone. They are all $$$$. I bought one that uses ambient air. So apparently this type makes nitrogen compounds along with the ozone. I decided since I wasn't drinking it, it would probably be okay. (If there's an ozone expert who can speak to this, please do!) This nitrogen compound issue may be more or less relevant depending upon the make. Mine is an Enaly brand with a dehydrating filter.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
You should look into malic acid for saliva production/dry mouth.

Hello,

What Im doing right now:

No Starch

Thanks.

what brand that has arginine but without fluoride?

bornamachine

@Rinse & rePeat using chlorella is like playing Russian roulette, read up what Andrew Hall Cutler has said on it, basically no one under any circumstances should mess with it, one tainted batch and your health will be shot

OP, gum recession can be caused by brushing very hard or using a bad toothbrush, especially the ones with the rubber sides to "massage gums"

I've gone through maaaany toothbrushes to find the one.
Do yourself a favor and get Mouth watchers fine tooth brush and brush gently.

Also get some Uncle Harry's products to go along with your regular tooth paste.

My advice to be, don't do anything drastic.

Also, do not use closys.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals