Can Anyone With Perfect Gum Health Share Tips Please?

welshwing

Hi, so 90% of people have gum disease. Let's discuss cures. How do you keep your gums so healthy?

- I know that vit C is directly correlated to gum health, and sodium ascorbate (mixing ascorbic acid + baking soda + water) is WAY more soluble vit C than any other. Howver Peat warns against using this powder because it is tainted with heavy metals in production.

I don't know of any other methods besides:
- gently brushing the gumline to remove plaque
- gently massaging high on the gums to stimulate blood flow

OP
W

welshwing

I just brushed my teeth very thoroughly and I realized that you can remove plaque at all stages with very soft strokes as long as you are persistent. I didn't know this before but force is unimportant. Just continuously wriggle the brush gently enough that it wouldn't harm an insect.

K2 and d3 and plenty of sugar. I have perfect gum health. I floss religiously but hardly brush my teeth. I used to have deep pockets and lost s lot of bone but it all grew back and the pockets shrunk and it was from gut health and diet.

mujuro

Caffeine powder in water. Hold in mouth. I swear by it now. My gums feel engorged afterward and my receding gum over my molar is filling in. I've mentioned this on two other threads.

Pet Peeve

I had gingivitis around one tooth and at one point I had emergency treatment for this as is itched and hurt so much, with scraping. I could still feel it though, but after doing a course of doxycyclin all symptoms have disappeared, the tooth feels completely normal. I haven't seen changes to the gums otherwise.

Bodhi

K2 and d3 and plenty of sugar. I have perfect gum health. I floss religiously but hardly brush my teeth. I used to have deep pockets and lost s lot of bone but it all grew back and the pockets shrunk and it was from gut health and diet.

K2 and D3 in a mouth wash?

Someone asked Peat (on a radio interview, I think) and he said good thyroid function keeps the gums healthy.

Milkmeateggs

For me gut health and fat solubles were key, eating a single serving of oatmeal or other grains instantly make my teeth sensitive. Raw vegetables have the same effect. Eating too much acidic foods like fruits or honey or lemonade also makes my teeth weaker. Eating liver once or twice a week, getting plenty of sunshine and sticking to a relatively low fat diet with not too much protein and carbs coming from mostly potatoes/jasmine rice works for me. Also it was very important to eat enough carbs/calories to keep temperature high.

pepsi

mujuro

@mujuro - Interesting. How much caffeine powder do you use and how long do you hold for?

The dose and time for me is completely arbitrary, but I just use 150mg (one scoop of PureBulk's caffeine powder) in about 250ml water. I take a big mouthful and hold for 60 seconds. I repeat it until all the water is gone.

I will say that I don't think you even have to do caffeine pulling to reap the benefits. I haven't done it in a week, and simply getting 400-500mg caffeine during the day seems to have benefits and similar physical effects.

Last edited:

Peater Piper

I think part of this comes down to genetics, another part age, and then nutrition. I brush and floss at bed time, rinse with Listerine, then baking soda dissolved in water to lower the acidity. I also rinse with water after each meal and tend not to snack. That's been my routine for the last 15-20 years, except for adding the baking soda a year or two ago. No gum issues or a cavity during that time. I've consumed plenty of PUFA (lots of nuts, including walnuts), moderate amounts of natural sugars from fruit, some starches including wheat, 2-3 glasses of milk a day, almost no caffeine. Occasionally my teeth will get a touch sensitive if I overdo acidic fruits. I'm 34, thyroid tests are okay. So yeah, I don't see anything I've done that's particularly special, so maybe I've just been lucky, or not old enough to have problems yet.

thegiantess

Honestly, go to the dentist and get your teeth properly cleaned every 6 months. Additionally, be well nourished and floss. My teeth used to be ***t bc I avoided the dentist for like ever. When I finally went I got some antibiotics to clear up horrible gums that were affecting my gut as well, got a deep cleaning and voila.. Cured. That was 3 years ago and my gum health has been perfect since. I've done nothing differently.. Just no longer avoid the dentist!

Pretty much everybody over certain age gets gum disease. The pockets get deeper, as the bone is lost. This s is bone that grows back if you fix things

Most people never get this back. However, I got it back. And I only have one pocket that's 4mm. And I think that is closing up anyway.

Disease is ubiquitous. And it is seen in Wild animals too. Animals that are hunted in the wild often have gum disease.

Gingivitis becomes periodontitis, and teeth get loose and lost, and infection results in a weakened older animal who gets culled

Back
Top Bottom