My gums are white. Need help!

jjens253

Hello,
I need some advice from someone that has experienced or is experiencing my situation. In the last 2 months my gums have turned a whitish pale color. Since then my dental health has gone down hill. I have very deep pockets, I would say on the scale of about a 4-5. I have no idea what whitish gums mean or what is off in my body. I have been taking subutex for about 3 years now. That is a medication for opiate abuse. Subutex is an opiate antagonist medication. Also, I have gained alot of fat around my abdomen lately and for me that is very rare. I have been skinny my whole life. I am 44 years old and I barely consume more than a 1000 calories daily. I think that I may becoming insulin resistant. Or at least that is what I think. If anyone can give me a clue to what is going on I would be very greatly on what I should do. Thank you and be well!

Hello,
I need some advice from someone that has experienced or is experiencing my situation. In the last 2 months my gums have turned a whitish pale color. Since then my dental health has gone down hill. I have very deep pockets, I would say on the scale of about a 4-5. I have no idea what whitish gums mean or what is off in my body. I have been taking subutex for about 3 years now. That is a medication for opiate abuse. Subutex is an opiate antagonist medication. Also, I have gained alot of fat around my abdomen lately and for me that is very rare. I have been skinny my whole life. I am 44 years old and I barely consume more than a 1000 calories daily. I think that I may becoming insulin resistant. Or at least that is what I think. If anyone can give me a clue to what is going on I would be very greatly on what I should do. Thank you and be well!
Gosh it sounds like low iron to me. Pull the skin down from your under you eye and see if it is all white or if you see any deep red. I was anemic as a teen and that is a trick I learned from the doctor.

OP
J

jjens253

Thanks for replying back Rinse & rePeat. I have tried iron supplementation and for the most part did not make me feel very good at all. I tried all different types of brands from the really expensive to mid grade iron supplements. The last one I used was raw liver from ancestral supplements and that did not work for me. I have never been able to tolerate iron supplements. I tried your eye experiment and the under half of my eye is definitely not solid white. It's not solid red but I have alot of red veins. Do you know what that means?

Gosh it sounds like low iron to me. Pull the skin down from your under you eye and see if it is all white or if you see any deep red. I was anemic as a teen and that is a trick I learned from the doctor.

Thanks for replying back Rinse & rePeat. I have tried iron supplementation and for the most part did not make me feel very good at all. I tried all different types of brands from the really expensive to mid grade iron supplements. The last one I used was raw liver from ancestral supplements and that did not work for me. I have never been able to tolerate iron supplements. I tried your eye experiment and the under half of my eye is definitely not solid white. It's not solid red but I have alot of red veins. Do you know what that means?
Do you smoke?

OP
J

jjens253

....or have any other symptoms like weakness, tingling in your fingers or toes or any other symptoms?
I used to smoke. I just recently quite and I have not had a single cigarette for 3 months now. I was diagnosed with stage 2 melanoma so I dont know if that has something to do with it. I have no tingling in my fingers and toes, weakness is not a issue. The Subutex medication that I am on really suppresses testosterone. I have been doing some research and I believe that my estrogen and progesterone is out of balance causing fluid retention. This is what might be causing the weight gain specifically around my abdomen. I think this is all playing a role in my oral health. I need to get to the bottom of this or I am not going to have any teeth.

I used to smoke. I just recently quite and I have not had a single cigarette for 3 months now. I was diagnosed with stage 2 melanoma so I dont know if that has something to do with it. I have no tingling in my fingers and toes, weakness is not a issue. The Subutex medication that I am on really suppresses testosterone. I have been doing some research and I believe that my estrogen and progesterone is out of balance causing fluid retention. This is what might be causing the weight gain specifically around my abdomen. I think this is all playing a role in my oral health. I need to get to the bottom of this or I am not going to have any teeth.
I was gonna say it could be the smoking, and you have a circulation problem. I have read that it takes 12 years to get all that out. My brother has your same oral problem and he is a smoker. When one stops smoking it is common to gain weight too. Boy you got a lot of worry jjens253. There is no one answer, but I would really up your vitamin C through food to get your circulation going. Are you new to Ray Peat?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals