Receding Gums

TeslaFan

tomisonbottom said:
Were your gums ever a grey color?
Mine used to be pink and are looking a very dull pale pink/ almost grey color.
I don't know what's causing it.
I've wondering if its the activated charcoal I'm using to brush my teeth, or maybe I'm not cleaning my teeth well enough.
Anyone have any ideas?

Just normal pink color.
I take activated charcoal sometimes, but don't brush with it.
I make my own toothpaste lately with just two ingredients, coconut oil and calcium carbonate.

tomisonbottom

skominac said:
tomisonbottom said:
Were your gums ever a grey color?
Mine used to be pink and are looking a very dull pale pink/ almost grey color.
I don't know what's causing it.
I've wondering if its the activated charcoal I'm using to brush my teeth, or maybe I'm not cleaning my teeth well enough.
Anyone have any ideas?

Just normal pink color.
I take activated charcoal sometimes, but don't brush with it.
I make my own toothpaste lately with just two ingredients, coconut oil and calcium carbonate.

Does that work well? How do you like that?

TeslaFan

tomisonbottom said:
Does that work well? How do you like that?

I love the feeling after. Still using it, for over two months now.
Don't see a reason to buy toothpaste again.

Sheik

Charlie, did you have any luck with your recession? My teeth are crazy sensitive because of my gum recession.

bodacious

I would say it depends on the cause of the gum erosion.

If it's gingivitis, then consider adding oil-pulling to your daily rituals

In the present study it was found that coconut oil exhibited antimicrobial activity against S. mutans and C. albicans whereas sesame oil had activity against S. mutans and sunflower oil showed only antifungal activity.

http://www.asiaph.org/admin/img_topic/6096Sroisiri.pdf

If it's stress causing you to grind your teeth while you sleep, then I'd look into mindfulness mediation

http://excellent-dentist.com/2014/12/04/do-you-want-to-stop-grinding-your-teeth-start-meditating/

I've read that the reason receding gums heal so poorly is that there's limited blood flow to the gums. One thing I've started doing is shining red light on the 2 or three small exposed patches in my mouth. Too early to tell if it's working or not but in theory it should help.

Sheik

I haven't had bleeding gums or gingivitis. But the pain is so intense that I've got to do something ASAP.

I have started swishing 8mg of Thorne K2 in my mouth every day after brushing. I am going to try oil pulling but I don't have high expectations for it.

natedawggh

Charlie said:
Ever since starting the Ray Peat lifestyle I have noticed that my receding gums are ramping up in their erosion. :help It's getting pretty bad at this point and I am at a loss on what to do. When I was low carb, the erosion pretty much stopped. And now, :yipes

The two things that have changed majorly from low carb is sugar(fruits, simply syrup), and milk. I stopped the milk about a week ago with no relief, but at the same time I also upped my sugar and I noticed that my gums are even now more redder then usual. So a couple days ago I figured that hey, its the sugar doing this. I have been downing a lot of simple syrup this week, more then usual and the inflammation is even worse this week. So yesterday I decided to drop the simple syrup, coke, and lower my fruits a bit and see what happens. I need some relief!

Anyone else dealing with this? Did you remedy it and how? I dont want to lose my teeth! :pray

Oil pulling with coconut oil can halt but not cure the recession.
Gum recession is definitely a condition caused by high stress hormones, but which one and where it comes from I'm not quite sure. I read one that Ray said gum problems were high estrogen, because they are so swollen they bleed easily.

Not suggesting you are but writing it for anyone who reads this.... I had receding gum problems and they DID NOT STOP UNTIL I QUIT ALCOHOL FOR GOOD. If you are drinking any amount of alcohol it is probably the source of your problem, because alcohol is basically liquid estrogen.

in the past what's helped a HUGE amount is high amounts of vitamin C. Lipo C. May not be Ray Peat approved but it was enormously helpful.

Lin

ecstatichamster said:
post 116643 in the past what's helped a HUGE amount is high amounts of vitamin C. Lipo C. May not be Ray Peat approved but it was enormously helpful.
How long have you been taking Lipo C, EH? Are you saying that your gums are growing back? Please tell us more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lin said:
post 116667
ecstatichamster said:
post 116643 in the past what's helped a HUGE amount is high amounts of vitamin C. Lipo C. May not be Ray Peat approved but it was enormously helpful.
How long have you been taking Lipo C, EH? Are you saying that your gums are growing back? Please tell us more.

Several years. The bone complete regenerated as seen by measuring pockets and a panorex. I had one 4mm pocket only last checkup. Before I had a lot of regression and numerous 3 4 and even 5 mm pockets

I was doing high fat during this time. But the difference was k2. Vitamin d3. And lipo c. Also ubiquinone. I think these made an enormous difference. I floss but do not brush more than once a day.

Kasper

For anyone trying to fix their gums, try rinsing methylene blue + vitamin K2.

I use 10 drops of oxidal with 1 drop of kuinone. It absolutely does wonders for my gums and teeth.

Kasper

I rinse it for like 5 min. sometimes longer. I do this solution 2 times a day. I don't spit it out. I just ingest it afterwards.

My gums are really addicted to methylene blue, I have had this tooth pain, sensitive teeth for like 3 years. I tried Weston Price and stuff, but nothing works for me as good as methylene blue. Vitamin K2 mainly gives me shiny white teeth. MB kills all the pain. Sometimes I just rinse with only methylene blue, if my gums ask for it. So sometimes I will do 4 rinses of MB a day.

Kasper

I have no serotonin issues. I take lysine (3 gram a day) and Energin. I guess that is helping with serotonin.

Otherwise, just spit the MB out.

Atalanta

Several years. The bone complete regenerated as seen by measuring pockets and a panorex. I had one 4mm pocket only last checkup. Before I had a lot of regression and numerous 3 4 and even 5 mm pockets

I was doing high fat during this time. But the difference was k2. Vitamin d3. And lipo c. Also ubiquinone. I think these made an enormous difference. I floss but do not brush more than once a day.

@ecstatichamster
How much of the 4 supplements did you take?

Atalanta

50,000 units of D3 every day for a few months
about 30mg of K2
Lipo C about 3 dramgs
300 mg of ubiquinone

also about 10,000 units of A.

Thanks, EH.

That's a lot of D3.
You experienced no side effects from taking that much D3? Were you also drinking a lot of milk and/or taking calcium at the same time?

Also, did you mean 3 grams of Lipo C?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals