Receding gums

Vins7

Is it possible to Naturally reverse receding gums? Anyone have any experience with this?

Steve

I was wondering the same thing. My lower front gums have receded quite a bit, and I heard the surgery to fix that is kind of brutal, so I'm hoping there is some way to make them grow back.

Rubbing CoQ10 into the receded tissue can get some of it back(supplementing it wont have the same effect), but if they are completely detached from the tooth, then i don't think that it is completely reversible with currently available methods.

I don't see what role c60 plays in gum health other than an antioxidant and i think its an incredibly expensive supplement that i haven't personally saw do jack ***t(add liposomal vitamins to that list as well)i bought some when i saw that Ergogenic Health dude wax poetic about it, but to say the experience was disappointing is an understatement. I didn't experience naff all

Buy the product called, Shower Floss. It's so much more powerful and has made a huge difference in our family. Do not purchase low power imitations.

OP
V

Vins7

Rubbing CoQ10 into the receded tissue can get some of it back(supplementing it wont have the same effect), but if they are completely detached from the tooth, then i don't think that it is completely reversible with currently available methods.

I don't see what role c60 plays in gum health other than an antioxidant and i think its an incredibly expensive supplement that i haven't personally saw do jack ***t(add liposomal vitamins to that list as well)i bought some when i saw that Ergogenic Health dude wax poetic about it, but to say the experience was disappointing is an understatement. I didn't experience naff all
And how could I know if they are completely detached from the tooth?

PhilParma

Do you have personal experience doing this with CoQ10? Do you know a good product with minimal excipients?

Do you have personal experience doing this with CoQ10? Do you know a good product with minimal excipients?
This is just something i stumbled upon after reading that there is actual CoQ10 in the gum tissue itself which depletes with ROS etc. I tried Ubiquinol supplements, Ubiquinone, toothpastes with CoQ10 in, and a mouthwash. None of those did nada for gum health, so i just bought a bottle of liquid CoQ10(Trace Minerals brand)and bought a bunch of those organic cotton ear buds and just rubbed it along the arch of the gum that is supposed to cover the tooth

Took about 6months but i did get some coverage back between the spaces doing this, but the tooth itself is still a tiny bit exposed making them look longer than they was before i quit smoking. I don't think this is reversible with OTC methods and the only thing i am aware of that can improve it beyond that is a gum graft.

If anybody actually has gone from extremely bad recession to the point of completely reversing it i am all ears.

Buy the product called, Shower Floss. It's so much more powerful and has made a huge difference in our family. Do not purchase low power imitations.
This is just a roundabout oral irrigator..oral irrigation isn't going to return lost gum tissue. If the recession is related to bacteria in the pocket then 9 times out of 10 the gum line will be less swollen when you've irrigated enough to remove it, BUT the absence of swelling will make the gums look even more receded

Anyways i am not sure if irrigating with shower water is a good idea with all the hard mineral deposits in most tap water(here in the UK anyways)

PhilParma

This is just something i stumbled upon after reading that there is actual CoQ10 in the gum tissue itself which depletes with ROS etc. I tried Ubiquinol supplements, Ubiquinone, toothpastes with CoQ10 in, and a mouthwash. None of those did nada for gum health, so i just bought a bottle of liquid CoQ10(Trace Minerals brand)and bought a bunch of those organic cotton ear buds and just rubbed it along the arch of the gum that is supposed to cover the tooth

Took about 6months but i did get some coverage back between the spaces doing this, but the tooth itself is still a tiny bit exposed making them look longer than they was before i quit smoking. I don't think this is reversible with OTC methods and the only thing i am aware of that can improve it beyond that is a gum graft.

If anybody actually has gone from extremely bad recession to the point of completely reversing it i am all ears.
Okay thanks, I will try the product and method that worked for you. My poor gum health has been depressing the hell out of me lately.

Chophouse360

No you can’t reverse it. Best thing to do is floss 2-3 times a day. Brush twice. Use a mouth guard if you grind and go to the dentist 2-3 times a year.

Oil pulling maybe
Diet that is based towards mouth health
Ubiquinol supplementation

Smitty

Ozone therapy. Since ozone is toxic if inhaled, rinsing with ozonated water is likely the safest and most reasonable method.

Ozone therapy in periodontics

"4. Biosynthetic Effect- It activates mechanisms of protein synthesis, increases amount of ribosomes and mitochondria in cells. These changes on the cellular level explain elevation of functional activity and regeneration potential of tissues and organs." (Seidler V, Linetskiy I, Hubalkova H., 2020)

Crucialfour and SOTA are the only companies I'm aware of that make water ozonators, with SOTA's being significantly more cost effective. If anyone knows more, please chime in! It seems ozonated oils such as olive oil are also an option, which you could oil pull with. But I question their potency.

Update: A2Z Ozone has a generator for a great price. I'm going to pull the trigger on it as I have receding gums from past mouth breathing and trauma from aggressive brushing. I will try to take clear before pictures and update this post in a few months time.

Last edited:

aliml

Oil pulling with glycerine may reverse gingival recession.

This is just a roundabout oral irrigator..oral irrigation isn't going to return lost gum tissue. If the recession is related to bacteria in the pocket then 9 times out of 10 the gum line will be less swollen when you've irrigated enough to remove it, BUT the absence of swelling will make the gums look even more receded

Anyways i am not sure if irrigating with shower water is a good idea with all the hard mineral deposits in most tap water(here in the UK anyways)
No natural remedy restores lost gingiva tissue that I know of, but this pressured stim seems to prevent the continued degradation of the tissue that may be a result of inflammation.

Blue Water

Reading this thread is disheartening. Why can't gums regenerate? In principle they are so prone to recession I feel logically they should be also prone to regeneration.

Reading this thread is disheartening. Why can't gums regenerate? In principle they are so prone to recession I feel logically they should be also prone to regeneration.
There's nothing that regenerates them. They haven't found a single biomarker that would undo what inflammation or just being genetically unfortunate does to gums

You can get them to reattach to the tooth with Co-Q10 which will improve their appearance, but you wont reverse the recession. I've seen all sorts of usual guessing game Peaty bollocks suggested like prolactin being the cause and some even more vague than that, but you can inhibit the stressor and you are still not going to see your gums return to whatever state they was before they became an issue. It's disheartening for sure, but that's the long and short of it other than a couple of really shitty studies showing regrowth of gums in mice and rats with things ranging from Vitamin C, and Quercetin to Chinese Skullcap(i think mice and rat studies are mostly useless so don't get as excited about them or draw defacto conclusions as people often do here)but i don't think any of them are worth shouting from the rooftops about

We are aways away from getting anywhere with this non-surgicall

There was some studies involving novel peptides derived from fish that showed overall periodontal regeneration but i haven't heard anything about that in years so i assume it is bunk

Ben.

Even more depressing is that i had a few pieces of "meat" cut out behind my 2 lower wisdom teeths and they regenerated completly in less than 6 months back to the annoying flap covering the two teeth but the godddamn gum around the teeth is playing "degenerate". Ironicly both tissues are in realy close proximity to eachother so gums not healing is so bulllshit to me.

The body is wierd indeed. I like to believe that they can heal and regenerate we just dont know how yet.

I've read the crazy money loving guy ben greenfield suggesting BCP-157 and TB500 injected underneath the gums ... in injury healing some people swear by bcp-157 but i wish there was more reports on gum's with peptide injections. I don't realy know how to source them either for experimentation because the peptide market is overfilled with fraud from what i understand.

Last edited:
Even more depressing is that i had a few pieces of "meat" cut out behind my 2 lower wisdom teeths and they regenerated completly in less than 6 months back to the annoying flap covering the two teeth but the godddamn gum around the teeth is playing "degenerate". Ironicly both tissues are in realy close proximity to eachother so gums not healing is so bulllshit to me.

The body is wierd indeed. I like to believe that they can heal and regenerate we just dont know how yet.

I've read the crazy money loving guy ben greenfield suggesting BCP-157 and TB500 injected underneath the gums ... in injury healing some people swear by bcp-157 but i wish there was more reports on gum's with peptide injections. I don't realy know how to source them either for experimentation because the peptide market is overfilled with fraud from what i understand.
Not tried BPC-157, but i think i mentioned it in another gum recession related thread. As to why i haven't tried it, pretty much the same reason. Most of the places to get these easily available seem to be fake. SwissChems is supposed to be reliable, so i may get it from there at some point and dissolve it in DMSO or something. I'll pass on injecting anything into my gums

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals