Receding And Thinning Hair

OP
TheHound

TheHound

My hair has improved dramatically since getting back my laser therapy device in November, and using topical niacinamide, aspirin, and caffeine. I also do regular scalp massages, which has been shown to help. Have you tried anything along these lines?

BCAA also seem to help. Haidut also offered a mechanism by which methylene blue helps reduce NO by unbinding it from cytochrome c oxidase (repiratory enzyme). This is similar to what red light does.

These would be supplements to the obvious lifestyle changes like dramatically lowering PUFA consumption, getting enough macros of the right types for you, spending enough time outside, sleeping well, and doing what you can to lower stress.

Good luck!

I'm doing red light therapy and I used haiduts solban for a period. also do scalp massage almost every day

OP
TheHound

TheHound

I think it's biotin. It's probably biotin. High metabolic rate + biotin = you're golden. Golden locks.

For thickness at least.

I eat 2-3 eggs daily and was taking energin for a few months with no hair change. do you think it's worth getting an isolated 5000mcg biotin supplement?

jyb

My hair has improved dramatically since getting back my laser therapy device in November, and using topical niacinamide, aspirin, and caffeine.

Curious about what's laser therapy? Otherwise, good job having applied all that topically for so long - it requires some discipline..

CoolTweetPete

Curious about what's laser therapy? Otherwise, good job having applied all that topically for so long - it requires some discipline..

Laser therapy involves using focused red light to stimulate mitochondrial activity on the scalp. They sell helmets, and many hair clinics that do transplants use them (or larger, more powerful devices) to ensure the transplanted hair stays, or to stimulate growth on people, who don't want to go the surgical route.

There are folks on the internet that make DIY helmets with the same laser diodes from the clinical machines. I purchased one in May, and it has really turned things around. I have gotten comments from family, friends, and the person who cuts my hair about what I've been doing.

The topicals are easy. I use an aspirin based Neutrogena shampoo to clear the scalp, spray the topical niacin / caffeine on the scalp, and let them sit for 10 minutes, then wear the laser helmet for 20 minutes every other day. Whole thing including shower takes 40 min. tops.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Laser therapy involves using focused red light to stimulate mitochondrial activity on the scalp. They sell helmets, and many hair clinics that do transplants use them (or larger, more powerful devices) to ensure the transplanted hair stays, or to stimulate growth on people, who don't want to go the surgical route.

There are folks on the internet that make DIY helmets with the same laser diodes from the clinical machines. I purchased one in May, and it has really turned things around. I have gotten comments from family, friends, and the person who cuts my hair about what I've been doing.

The topicals are easy. I use an aspirin based Neutrogena shampoo to clear the scalp, spray the topical niacin / caffeine on the scalp, and let them sit for 10 minutes, then wear the laser helmet for 20 minutes every other day. Whole thing including shower takes 40 min. tops.

what's the neutrogena aspirin shampoo, and do you see any benefits from that alone?

m_arch

Cypro should do the trick. But focus on the diet. That is most important. Fat solubles are good idea too. Estrogen

And yes. I have certainly reversed my hair loss to a 9, 10 being a perfect head of hair and previously I was at a 6 or 7.
What did this correlate to? your temps / pulse being optimal?

ravster02

Interesting stuff. Which device did you purchase?

kineticz

I'm using my infrared light again which seems to really lock-in nutrients. I found that a combination of high doses of potassium and carnitine restored my stomach acidity and after some lower gut movements and a clear out, I can now absorb hair nutrients.

SIBO can cause hair loss as you cannot turn the liver cycle and transport zinc, selenium, iron etc to hair follicles via ATP.

kineticz

Hair loss is a complex web of compensation mechanisms where the body switches to less optimal ways of maintaining blood pressure and volume, such as arginine and nitric oxide.

You want potassium and ATP as your vasodilators to transport hair nutrients, you want an acidic stomach and a lower gut free from candida. The rest is simply diet and minimising the stress response while maximising the metabolism to promote DHEA. My hair quality really improves when my DHEA goes up. Having higher DHEA endogenously means your kidneys are in good shape and prolactin is down.

kineticz

If you are aware that when mitochondrial output is low, Organs are shut down in terms of priority, i.e. the skin first, then muscles, followed by liver, gut, brain and finally the heart, lung and kidney.

Obviously the skin is where hair grows. So you cannot optimise hair until the other organs are happy. Getting ATP into the brain and detoxifying the liver via phase 1 and 2 P450 enzymes is the hard part.

DaveFoster

I eat 2-3 eggs daily and was taking energin for a few months with no hair change. do you think it's worth getting an isolated 5000mcg biotin supplement?
Absolutely.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

high doses of potassium and carnitine restored my stomach acidity and after some lower gut movements and a clear out, I can now absorb hair nutrients.

so red meat and potatoes would be a good way of restoring potassium and carnitine?

CoolTweetPete

what's the neutrogena aspirin shampoo, and do you see any benefits from that alone?

Honestly, I'm not certain if I've seen benefit from it alone. I started using it when I got my helmet back because the manufacturer recommended topical aspirin, and the niacin / caffeine mixture before using the helmet. The shampoo is called T-Sal. It's sold all over the place.

CoolTweetPete

Interesting stuff. Which device did you purchase?

This site has instructions on how to do it yourself. The materials for the helmet itself cost about $30, but the diodes are about $8 each.

OverMachoGrande.com - Build your own / Do-it-yourself Laser Helmet / Laser Comb / Laser Brush for Hair Loss!

The guy will make it for you for about $200 labor -- obviously in addition to the cost of the materials. Cheaper and less invasive than a transplant, and its working well for me. Here's a study documenting it's effect on NO, thus mitochondrial respiration.

Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss

Last edited:

dookie

Honestly, I'm not certain if I've seen benefit from it alone. I started using it when I got my helmet back because the manufacturer recommended topical aspirin, and the niacin / caffeine mixture before using the helmet. The shampoo is called T-Sal. It's sold all over the place.

Would topical nicotinic acid work instead of topical niacinamide? I have an allergy to niacinamide and get a rash when I put it on the skin.

CoolTweetPete

Would topical nicotinic acid work instead of topical niacinamide? I have an allergy to niacinamide and get a rash when I put it on the skin.

I believe the beneficial forms are niacinamide and nicotinamide. Not sure about nicotinic acid though. I once bought a supplement with it, and was unable to tell from the information on the forum whether or not this form is beneficial or potential detrimental like regular niacin, and inositol hexaniconate.

kineticz

Niacin_requires_ATP_and_glutamine.gif

Not sure if this helps. I get a nice flush from nicotinic acid.

Kasper

I hear sometimes people claim positive results with Taurine.

I know there is some commercial product now also that uses Taurine and claim amazing result:
http://www.stopandgrow.com/

Of course I don't know if this is a scam, but maybe worth investigating more in Taurine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals