Hair Thinning/Thyroid Supp Advice?

Rtm320

Hi all,
Firstly--super grateful for resources such as this site and all the educational threads posted by you wonderful people. In times of desperation, it's a real haven to come here, thanks.
I have been struggling with hair thinning for about 4 years and likely years prior to that. A super stressful breakup and ceasing of bcp in 2012 led to severe weightloss, anxiety, acne and hair shedding. My health journey led me to Danny Roddy and ultimately Ray Peat. I am currently a very healthy weight, the most I've weighed in my life--it has been an adjustment as I don't have the healthiest body image. I am a 32 yo female, 5'7, 130 lbs.
The acne has cleared up but the hair thinning persists (shedding isn't so bad but my actuals hairs are miniaturizing, so much so that I can now see my scalp in certain light) My anxiety levels are in check, occasional bouts but nothing nearly as bad as it was. I lived with it severely everyday for probably two years, it was awful. I suspect I am hypothyroid, i need to test more consistently but waking temps are usually around 96.8 and resting pulse is about 60. I frequently urinate throughout the day and have keratosis pilaris which I've read can be symptomatic. I try to eat Peaty but consistency is my problem as is eating out. I generally take vitamins a, k2/d, e, taurine, l theanine, sometimes niacinamide and red/infrared light but again consistency... The hair loss only exacerbates an already low self esteem and I am determined to figure all of this out. Apologies for the novel! thank-you if you're still reading this! I am interested in experimenting with Haidut's Tyromix but am apprehensive, worried I may initiate another round of shedding and cant afford to lose anymore. Still trying to understand the science behind this all, I know I still have a lot to learn but I am determined to figure this out and feel better so i can better enjoy my life. I spend far too much time suffering over this. Any advice, information or opinions would be very much appreciated! Thank-you thank-you! Best, R

Pointless

The supps you take are very similar to what I'm taking. I also experience hair thinning. It is difficult to get my temps up, even with thyroid. I'm having good results with 800 IU vitamin E succinate (dry E) and tons of topical magnesium chloride. I think the root of my problem (no pun intended) is seborrheic dermatitis. I'll let you know if I have a total stop to hair fallout.

OP
R

Rtm320

@Pointless thanks so much for your reply. What is dry E? I take 400 iu of unique E, perhaps I will experiment with doubling the dosage.

@LukeL thanks for the reply. I used to use cronometer however havent in a while so it's hard to know how many calories. But generally I eat 2 eggs a day with cheese for breakfast with OJ and some coffee mid morning. Lunch will sometimes be cheese and fruit such as watermelon or grapes, occassionally a Mexican Coke. Lunch is sometimes catered at work so I struggle with my selections on those days--protein (often chicken) and salads. For dinner I may have more cheese with a fruit spread or make a shake (i cut down on the ice cream) now I use milk, sugar, pinch of salt, gelatin, cacao powder and add powdered supps like taurine and theanine. I've recently been making mashed potatoes to switch things up--I dress it with cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. Occassionally rice instead with an egg and cheese. I do allow cheats when I eat out or occassionally order in (like pasta or Thai food) I probably don't prepare myself enough for those times (taking extra vitamin e).
I definitely need to pick up the slack. Thanks again to you both!

milk_lover

Lysine, aspirin, and pregnenelone might help with thinning hair? Do you shine red light on your thyroid? I know I get warmed up when I do that. And then immediately I rub some magnesium oil on my body because magnesium is better utilized when enough ATP exists due to the activated thyroid.

Pointless

Dry E is a water soluble form of vitamin E. Mixed tocopherols are best, but I've been taking d alpha tocopherols succinate because mixed tocopherols give me digestive issues. If you tolerate unique E, I would stick with that.

Progesterone

Hi all,
Firstly--super grateful for resources such as this site and all the educational threads posted by you wonderful people. In times of desperation, it's a real haven to come here, thanks.
I have been struggling with hair thinning for about 4 years and likely years prior to that. A super stressful breakup and ceasing of bcp in 2012 led to severe weightloss, anxiety, acne and hair shedding. My health journey led me to Danny Roddy and ultimately Ray Peat. I am currently a very healthy weight, the most I've weighed in my life--it has been an adjustment as I don't have the healthiest body image. I am a 32 yo female, 5'7, 130 lbs.
The acne has cleared up but the hair thinning persists (shedding isn't so bad but my actuals hairs are miniaturizing, so much so that I can now see my scalp in certain light) My anxiety levels are in check, occasional bouts but nothing nearly as bad as it was. I lived with it severely everyday for probably two years, it was awful. I suspect I am hypothyroid, i need to test more consistently but waking temps are usually around 96.8 and resting pulse is about 60. I frequently urinate throughout the day and have keratosis pilaris which I've read can be symptomatic. I try to eat Peaty but consistency is my problem as is eating out. I generally take vitamins a, k2/d, e, taurine, l theanine, sometimes niacinamide and red/infrared light but again consistency... The hair loss only exacerbates an already low self esteem and I am determined to figure all of this out. Apologies for the novel! thank-you if you're still reading this! I am interested in experimenting with Haidut's Tyromix but am apprehensive, worried I may initiate another round of shedding and cant afford to lose anymore. Still trying to understand the science behind this all, I know I still have a lot to learn but I am determined to figure this out and feel better so i can better enjoy my life. I spend far too much time suffering over this. Any advice, information or opinions would be very much appreciated! Thank-you thank-you! Best, R

Any update?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals