Receding And Thinning Hair

CoolTweetPete

I hear sometimes people claim positive results with Taurine.

I know there is some commercial product now also that uses Taurine and claim amazing result:
http://www.stopandgrow.com/

Of course I don't know if this is a scam, but maybe worth investigating more in Taurine.

I have seen many studies that show taurine to be very effective at promoting hair growth.

Protective effects of taurine on human hair follicle grown in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
Simulative evaluation of taurine against alopecia caused by stress in Caenorhabditis elegans. - PubMed - NCBI

jyb

This site has instructions on how to do it yourself. The materials for the helmet itself cost about $30, but the diodes are about $8 each.

OverMachoGrande.com - Build your own / Do-it-yourself Laser Helmet / Laser Comb / Laser Brush for Hair Loss!

The guy will make it for you for about $200 labor -- obviously in addition to the cost of the materials. Cheaper and less invasive than a transplant, and its working well for me. Here's a study documenting it's effect on NO, thus mitochondrial respiration.

Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss

Reading a page on that site, it seems like some research says it's the infrared that's useful. Unlike Peat.

OverMachoGrande.com: Long Term (1 year) Results of LLLT - improved hair growth and slowed further progression [with pics]

ravster02

This site has instructions on how to do it yourself. The materials for the helmet itself cost about $30, but the diodes are about $8 each.

OverMachoGrande.com - Build your own / Do-it-yourself Laser Helmet / Laser Comb / Laser Brush for Hair Loss!

The guy will make it for you for about $200 labor -- obviously in addition to the cost of the materials. Cheaper and less invasive than a transplant, and its working well for me. Here's a study documenting it's effect on NO, thus mitochondrial respiration.

Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss

Nice find. I'm glad another person has taken the time to shed some ligh on LLLT.

A few questions: how many diodes do you have? is the helmet comfy? Did you make your own?

kineticz

I have incorporated my infrared philips bulb lamp into my routine, 15 minutes per day, I can literally feel it's effect on stabilising thyroid activity.

CoolTweetPete

I have incorporated my infrared philips bulb lamp into my routine, 15 minutes per day, I can literally feel it's effect on stabilising thyroid activity.

Is that this bulb?

Philips 415307 Agro Plant Light 120-Watt BR40 Food Light Bulb - Led Household Light Bulbs - Amazon.com

I saw it mentioned in another thread, and was fascinated with the idea of an infrared bulb. This is the most penetrating light, so i'm intrigued at potential benefit. Particularly as you mentioned - on the thyroid.

kineticz

My hair is really excellent and I see regrowth on the sides since working on my myelin sheath, eating more meat, and digestion/lower gut.

Peatit

A few questions: how many diodes do you have? is the helmet comfy? Did you make your own?
I built my own helmet but as I had trouble getting 6mm thick foam sheets, I've modified a ski helmet and incorporated 140 diodes in it, located at the forehead hairline, I'm using it 30 min/day since 4 weeks or so and can already see new hairs growing in this area.
Of course I don't think that this comes only from the lllt because my diet is also very good and I'm supplementing thyroid.
I also have two halogen light shining on my forehead at work, it might help as well.
I am planning to add new diodes soon (I've found a powerful power supply) but the helmet is already quite heavy.

RMH

I've been using a LLLT helmet on and off since 2008. My original helmet was homemade (250 diodes), I later upgraded to a 400 diode helmet with a pulse power supply made by the same guy CoolTweet mentioned above. In my experience when used consistently it's effective at maintaining hair and improving overall scalp circulation/health.

jyb

I've been using a LLLT helmet on and off since 2008. My original helmet was homemade (250 diodes), I later upgraded to a 400 diode helmet with a pulse power supply made by the same guy CoolTweet mentioned above. In my experience when used consistently it's effective at maintaining hair and improving overall scalp circulation/health.

Would you say it acts more like a (nevertheless useful) bandaid rather than a cure, see as you've kept using it for many years? I would expect that if it really reset the scalp, then one would have to wait many years before degeneration becomes visible again.

RMH

I view LLLT like a supplement or pharmaceutical drug, it's only effective as long as you're consistently using it. In the past I've read posts claiming that some people have decreased the frequency of us from every other day down to one or two days a week after several years without issue.

Kasper

I view LLLT like a supplement or pharmaceutical drug, it's only effective as long as you're consistently using it.

Same is true for sugar ...

OP
TheHound

TheHound

added biotin and p5p. will see how this works

it's only been about a week and a half since adding these two, both at around 10mg a day, but my hair feels quite a bit thicker than normal and the texture seems much nicer than normal too

D

Deleted member 5487

If you are aware that when mitochondrial output is low, Organs are shut down in terms of priority, i.e. the skin first, then muscles, followed by liver, gut, brain and finally the heart, lung and kidney.

Obviously the skin is where hair grows. So you cannot optimise hair until the other organs are happy. Getting ATP into the brain and detoxifying the liver via phase 1 and 2 P450 enzymes is the hard part.

Intresting how do u detoxify the liver phase 1 ans 2?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals