Progesterone against libido? [in men]

Progesterone against libido? [in men]
Rarely R Peat talks about the undesirable anti-androgenic effects of progesterone and pregnenolone, when megadoses of those steroids are used [in prostate cancer and other diseases]. But it is known that, in men, such doses - of progesterone or pregnenolone - annihilate the libido and can develop hypogonadism.
Are such effects reversible?
Is there any way to combat such effects when using those high doses for months?

I would very much also like to know as I am experiencing libido loss and numbness from a single drop of progest-e.

In theory, would increasing androgens help offset?
- lifting weights
- caffeine
- TRT
- ???

Makrosky

I don't think it is unreversible, never seen any studies indicating that. At least with pregnenolone.

And if it helps cancer, I would rather keep my **** under my pants for some time than die of cancer.

One can always add some DHEA to balance the antiandrogenic effects. But it can aromatize easily so not good for fighting the cancer.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I experienced some loss in libido and erection strength after using pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea along with peating and other supplements.

So I couldn’t tell what had effect on libido , but since I stop preg , progesterone , and dhea my libido is returning.

My overall health did improve dramatically and look a few years younger and better looking. So if your a man in poorer health adding pregnenolone and progesterone for a little bit could have great health benefits to get on the right track and temporary libido loss would be worth it in the long run.

If your in relatively good health a little bit here and there would be ok. And it’s seems everybody responds differently.

Arntor 6

Just experimented with progesterone for the first time last night. Today I definitely noticed loss of libido and lower penile sensitivity in the morning.

OP
gilson d dantas
I would very much also like to know as I am experiencing libido loss and numbness from a single drop of progest-e.

In theory, would increasing androgens help offset?
- lifting weights
- caffeine
- TRT
- ???
Impressive your experiencie with Progest-E. I use 10 mg [3 drops] every day; the problem is that I need to use much more. And I´m afraid. TRT?

OP
gilson d dantas
I don't think it is unreversible, never seen any studies indicating that. At least with pregnenolone.

And if it helps cancer, I would rather keep my **** under my pants for some time than die of cancer.

One can always add some DHEA to balance the antiandrogenic effects. But it can aromatize easily so not good for fighting the cancer.
THe problem is that I don´t know if it is unreversible or not.

OP
gilson d dantas
I experienced some loss in libido and erection strength after using pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea along with peating and other supplements.

So I couldn’t tell what had effect on libido , but since I stop preg , progesterone , and dhea my libido is returning.

My overall health did improve dramatically and look a few years younger and better looking. So if your a man in poorer health adding pregnenolone and progesterone for a little bit could have great health benefits to get on the right track and temporary libido loss would be worth it in the long run.

If your in relatively good health a little bit here and there would be ok. And it’s seems everybody responds differently.
No. I don´t have good health. And I am a old man. I have a chronic pancreatitis that threat to kill me. So I dont need a little bit of progesterone/pregnenolone. I need too much of it. For this reason I am worried.

OP
gilson d dantas
I have never seen any paper indicating it is unreversible. In fact I don't recall any paper demonstrating it causes it at all.

You can always ask Ray.
Ray talks about progesterone but I never saw he talking about sexual male consequences of progesterone...

Mito

“Thus, it becomes clear that it would be highly desirable if there was a way to preserve the anticatabolic effects of progesterone, but without: (1) the suppression of gonadal synthesis (2) affecting menstrual cycle in females, (3) the anti-androgenic effects in males, and; (4) maybe even the increased thermogenesis. Basically, a cortisol blocker without much else of an effect.”

OP
gilson d dantas
“Thus, it becomes clear that it would be highly desirable if there was a way to preserve the anticatabolic effects of progesterone, but without: (1) the suppression of gonadal synthesis (2) affecting menstrual cycle in females, (3) the anti-androgenic effects in males, and; (4) maybe even the increased thermogenesis. Basically, a cortisol blocker without much else of an effect.”
Very good idea

OP
gilson d dantas
Very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals