Progest E, Is It Toxic?

Parsifal

https://www.longnaturalhealth.com/produ ... -28-ml/PGE
Progest E Replenishing Oil Complex from Kenogen is natural bioidentical progesterone derived from wild yam in vitamin E oil.

NOTE: Some businesses have misleadingly used my name and parts of my
research to imply that I support their products. The only formulation of
progesterone that I approve is progesterone dissolved in vitamin E, and I
hold the patent on that. It is useful when applied to the skin, but oral use is
more economical. As this book explains, other solvents and additives can be
harmful. Almond oil, avocado oil, safflower oil, etc., sensitize the skin to the
aging effects of the sun, and are inappropriate for use on the skin or
internally. Diosgenin, sometimes called wild yam extract, is toxic.

:eh: ?

Dhair

I know this is old, but I'm bumping this because it's confusing. I was under the impression that all pregnenolone and progesterone was derived from wild yam? What is it about the diosgenin makes it toxic?

LUH 3417

ProgestE definitely made my face look older when I used it under my eyes.

derived from wild yam doesn't mean it is the same thing as wild yam. It has been processed into bioidentical progesterone. The yam is a feedstock.

@seraphim plain progesterone removes wrinkles. Progest-E has effects that I think are related to its vitamin E content when applied to the face and I wouldn't do it.

Experienced

Diosgenin, sometimes called wild yam extract, is toxic

is this the same for Pregnenolone products?

Peater

I thought progest E was Ray Peat approved. Thoroughly confused now. I give up

Experienced

I thought progest E was Ray Peat approved. Thoroughly confused now. I give up
Progest-E complex from Kenogen is From Ray Peat himself approved with his own Patent. There is nothing misleading here , the stuff about Diosgenin is my question

Many physicians have used progesterone dissolved in ethanol, but ethanol has a higher mutual solubility with water than with progesterone, causing the bulk of the progesterone to be crystallized out of solution as the alcohol solvent mixes with biological fluids. That composition is ineffective because it fails to deliver progesterone in practical quantities and usable form. Other compositions containing solvents such as benzyl benzoate, benzoyl alcohol or phenol are limited in their applicability because of their toxicity, irritating properties, or allergenicity. Since allergies are common in the condition of progesterone deficiency, it follows that the effectiveness of compositions containing allergenic solvents is limited. Source: United States Patent: 4439432

Peater

Progest-E complex from Kenogen is From Ray Peat himself approved with his own Patent. There is nothing misleading here , the stuff about Diosgenin is my question

Many physicians have used progesterone dissolved in ethanol, but ethanol has a higher mutual solubility with water than with progesterone, causing the bulk of the progesterone to be crystallized out of solution as the alcohol solvent mixes with biological fluids. That composition is ineffective because it fails to deliver progesterone in practical quantities and usable form. Other compositions containing solvents such as benzyl benzoate, benzoyl alcohol or phenol are limited in their applicability because of their toxicity, irritating properties, or allergenicity. Since allergies are common in the condition of progesterone deficiency, it follows that the effectiveness of compositions containing allergenic solvents is limited. Source: United States Patent: 4439432

Thanks. I'm concerned about people reporting it made them look older, I thought vit E and prog were among the ultimate for good skin. I don't use it very often and am not that bothered about looking older as such, but taking those signs as signs of stress, it was surprising to read.

Experienced

Thanks. I'm concerned about people reporting it made them look older, I thought vit E and prog were among the ultimate for good skin. I don't use it very often and am not that bothered about looking older as such, but taking those signs as signs of stress, it was surprising to read.
Do you have Progest-E from Kenogen?

Or is it from another manufacturer do you have the product itself or do you go by the reviews?

Experienced

Peater

Advocate2021

Ive been using progest-e for 22 years--saved my life after estrogen poisoning from doctors from 17 - 28 and made me fertile when doctors told me I would never be able to get pregnant-- got pregnant at 30 and had child at 31. I am now 50 and people think Im in my 30's. ive probably put multiple bottles worth on my face over the years and consumed many many more. hormone levels on bloodtests are like someone 20 years younger. So, my experience over 22 years is that it is incredibly anti-aging.

schultz

There is no diosgenin left as it is used to make the progesterone.

Lollipop2

Ive been using progest-e for 22 years--saved my life after estrogen poisoning from doctors from 17 - 28 and made me fertile when doctors told me I would never be able to get pregnant-- got pregnant at 30 and had child at 31. I am now 50 and people think Im in my 30's. ive probably put multiple bottles worth on my face over the years and consumed many many more. hormone levels on bloodtests are like someone 20 years younger. So, my experience over 22 years is that it is incredibly anti-aging.
This is amazing! How do you take Progest-e? Do you take a break monthly to let your liver rest?

Advocate2021

ive always calibrated it with menstural cycles and for the last few years have been taking it 3 weeks each month with 5- 7 days off during week of menstruation. When I was younger, I used to take it days 14-28 or 30 and off for first two weeks of cycle; although due to my younger history my cycles were not as regular as they are now and I would use it at other times as well if needed. I have found through my history, large doses extremely beneficial in particularly stressful times when my biochemistry was thrown off.

My cycles over the last few years have been the most regular they have ever been in my life--more like what they should have been when I was younger. Since it can alter menstual cycles, unless that does not matter due to severe symptoms, the standard is to calibrate with the cycle. If a woman is no longer menstruating and feels better with daily use, it is my understanding it can be taken every day. With my unique history of never menstuating on my own until almost age 30 after going off of medical hormone (estrogen) regimens for 12 years, I felt menopausal in my late teens and almost my entire twenties and now feel more like a young woman with regular cycles at age 50. I believe this is much due to the progest-e which reversed the estrogen poisoning I experienced as a young woman and has maintained levels for a mensturating woman. I think it can prevent menopause..

Lollipop2

ive always calibrated it with menstural cycles and for the last few years have been taking it 3 weeks each month with 5- 7 days off during week of menstruation. When I was younger, I used to take it days 14-28 or 30 and off for first two weeks of cycle; although due to my younger history my cycles were not as regular as they are now and I would use it at other times as well if needed. I have found through my history, large doses extremely beneficial in particularly stressful times when my biochemistry was thrown off.

My cycles over the last few years have been the most regular they have ever been in my life--more like what they should have been when I was younger. Since it can alter menstual cycles, unless that does not matter due to severe symptoms, the standard is to calibrate with the cycle. If a woman is no longer menstruating and feels better with daily use, it is my understanding it can be taken every day. With my unique history of never menstuating on my own until almost age 30 after going off of medical hormone (estrogen) regimens for 12 years, I felt menopausal in my late teens and almost my entire twenties and now feel more like a young woman with regular cycles at age 50. I believe this is much due to the progest-e which reversed the estrogen poisoning I experienced as a young woman and has maintained levels for a mensturating woman. I think it can prevent menopause..
Fascinating! Thank you! One more question. How much do you take on a normal day? I also take it 3 weeks on 5 days off. I take it vaginally with IdeaLabs cortnon. Has totally made a difference.

Advocate2021

I am pretty generous with it-- mostly squirt in onto my lower gums (maybe 4 "drops"?) a couple times per day; but depending upon what is going on, I could do more. I also tend to use less of it through and up to day 13 of my cycle ( I might just use it once per day during the week after end of menstruation) and more of it on days 14 up to first day of next menstuation in order to emulate the natural menstrual cycle. I am not highly regimented with it but that is my general approach. In my experience, I havent found that there is a detriment of "taking too much" so have not worried about methodical dosing and just go how I feel and regularity of my cycles.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals