Possible for adults to increase bone thickness?

Jennifer

I REALLY do believe that lifting heavy weights is crucial to actually and significantly increasing bone density and food and supplements only are not enough.

Food and supplements were enough for me. My spine collapsed in my late 20s due to advanced osteoporosis from undiagnosed and untreated Hashimoto’s Disease. I sustained 12 vertebral fractures, 8 of which compressed, and I had to learn how to walk again. I could barely lift my body, let alone lift weights, and I managed to improved my DEXA score from -6.7 to -3.6 within a year of my doctor putting me on a Weston A. Price Foundation inspired diet supplemented with cod liver oil.

David PS

So I'm hearing that sufficient calcium + vitamin K intake along with resistance training should in theory increase something like wrist thickness-- is this correct?
Did you look into boron for bones as suggested in this thread? Boron is on my short list for things that need to be in the diet.

I have an inexpensive biometric scale (see this thread) which indicates that the total weight of my skeleton has increased by over a pound since I first purchased it. I did not do resistance training as I had planned. But I have recently started lifting weights to offset that age related decline in muscle mass that starts as we age..

golder

Did you look into boron for bones as suggested in this thread? Boron is on my short list for things that need to be in the diet.

I have an inexpensive biometric scale (see this thread) which indicates that the total weight of my skeleton has increased by over a pound since I first purchased it. I did not do resistance training as I had planned. But I have recently started lifting weights to offset that age related decline in muscle mass that starts as we age..

That’s incredible. Was boron the only thing you changed when you experienced the 1lb bone density gain?

Ucume

as far as I know, only a Dexa scan can tell you accurately the exact mass of each body part (ie. Fat, muscle, bone, water) and, therefore, whether there’s been increase or decrease in each. Am I wrong?

I lost bone in my jaw. Pockets were 5 or so mm. I regrew it all back as revealed on before and after X-rays. I no longer get X-rays at the dentist but growing thicker bone can be done.

David PS

That’s incredible. Was boron the only thing you changed when you experienced the 1lb bone density gain?

No. I also stopped exhaustive cardio exercises and monitored my calcium to phosphorous ratio using Cronometer.com

I was a long distance runner all of my adult life and stopped. The total weight of my bones increased over the years and it has remained at 7.4 pounds since Oct 2022.

David PS

as far as I know, only a Dexa scan can tell you accurately the exact mass of each body part (ie. Fat, muscle, bone, water) and, therefore, whether there’s been increase or decrease in each. Am I wrong?

It is the medical industry that speaks so highly of Dexa and a doctor will write a presription for you when you want to be irradiated. I had no concerns about my bones weight. The trend upwards in my bone weight was just a benefical side effect of using my device. No radiation was involved.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals