Downsides Of Low Estrogens

T

TheBeard

So what are folks doing when experiencing low estrogen symptoms? Just avoiding supplements designed to lower it?

In my case, applying testosterone cream to the scrotum.

Even on no supps at all I used to have e2<10 pg/ml (range was 11-44)

Spartan300

So @TheBeard is the intention for some of that to aromatise?

Were your T levels low before using the gel?

I've not had E2 tested. Androgens & dhea are high but sleep, libido, mood etc are poor. Skin is dry and thin.

Spartan300

Any other advice on dealing with low E symptoms appreciated.

However, the conflict I have is that stopping supps/metabolism boosting practices conflicts along with the fact that I also have low temperatures.

I'm confused and no better off than I was 3 years ago....

Arnold Grape

Any other advice on dealing with low E symptoms appreciated.

However, the conflict I have is that stopping supps/metabolism boosting practices conflicts along with the fact that I also have low temperatures.

I'm confused and no better off than I was 3 years ago....
For me the key is acting in reference to specific symptoms, which is easier said than done. I think when first beginning with e-lowering substances, it’s easy to associate a good feeling with treating e-dominance. For example, I remember eating the carrot salad the first few times and experiencing a great effect. The problem is that doing x, y, z over a long period of time could become problematic. (i.e. See many of the posts above.) If you listen to interviews with Ray Peat, he even talks about taking something like aspirin OCCASIONALLY. You have people on this forum advocating taking high doses, daily. That is the issue: when you combine all of these things together — taking 1 gram of aspirin; vitamin e and some type of hormones with a no starch diet, it just is not feasible for many people. 2c.

T

TheBeard

That is pretty low, some would say excellent, but depends on the Androgens levels tool.

Way too low.

My libido was inexistent, my skin constantly peeling, and my joints hurting.
My muscles constantly flat with no pump no matter how much carbs I would eat and I much I would lift

T

TheBeard

So @TheBeard is the intention for some of that to aromatise?

Were your T levels low before using the gel?

I've not had E2 tested. Androgens & dhea are high but sleep, libido, mood etc are poor. Skin is dry and thin.

As mentioned free T low end of the range and e2 below range.

Yes, applying T transdermally makes you aromatise into e2 and reduce into DHT a lot

T

TheBeard

It seems like Estrogen-lowering compounds are very effective in preventing hairloss.

Is that from your personal experience or from your readings?
I've never lost so much body and head hair than on Exemestane

sladerunner69

Quitting supps: stopping aspirin and hormone adjusting things outside what would constitute an emergency and eating sour dough bread now. Virtually just taking Estroban when I feel edgy and magnesium bicarbonate drink. I also take D3, but that’s it.

What do you mean eating sourdough bread? Are you implying that you weren't eating any starches and now you are eating some sourdough? And the starch irritates the gut and produces estrogen?

sladerunner69

low e2 make me a autistic, zero libido, robotic and cheerless person. I dont talk to people or get eye contact with low e2. I feel best middle range or one click up.

How do you figure out if it is e2 that is low as opposed to other forms of estrogen?

Completely true.

Only in a state of higher estrogens do I enjoy the vascularity, pumps, libido, life and music enjoyment.

Low e2 makes me an apathetic person

Same question as above. And is there a strategy for you to raise e2 but not other forms of estro?

T

TheBeard

How do you figure out if it is e2 that is low as opposed to other forms of estrogen?

Same question as above. And is there a strategy for you to raise e2 but not other forms of estro?

You're right, I have no idea. E2 is only estrogen I measure

opethfeldt

Low estrogen is awful. It's almost worse than a high serotonin state, mood wise. I become so apathetic that I become suicidal. It's as if nothing makes me happy or is enjoyable. Motivation is piss poor. Forget about working out. I barely want to leave the house with low estrogen. Socialization becomes next to impossible. The words just can't come out. Physically, I feel frail and like an old man. I develop lots of tooth issues and pain, I assume from lower bone density. Interestingly, the smallest increase in estrogen fixes everything. It's quite difficult to balance.

Ihor

Low estrogen is awful. It's almost worse than a high serotonin state, mood wise. I become so apathetic that I become suicidal. It's as if nothing makes me happy or is enjoyable. Motivation is piss poor. Forget about working out. I barely want to leave the house with low estrogen. Socialization becomes next to impossible. The words just can't come out. Physically, I feel frail and like an old man. I develop lots of tooth issues and pain, I assume from lower bone density. Interestingly, the smallest increase in estrogen fixes everything. It's quite difficult to balance.
How are determine level of it, through the usual e2 test?

GreekDemiGod

How did you manage to bring your R that low? What have you used?

T

TheBeard

Exactly me. Feels good to relate.
My e2 is now constantly under 10 if I don't supplement with exogenous testosterone.
Exemestane abuse is what did this to me, no idea why the effects are so long lasting even months after discontinuation

opethfeldt

Exactly me. Feels good to relate.
My e2 is now constantly under 10 if I don't supplement with exogenous testosterone.
Exemestane abuse is what did this to me, no idea why the effects are so long lasting even months after discontinuation
Yeah, it's really not a fun place to be. It took weeks for me to recover. Life was pretty much on hold during that period. I dropped the exemestane. It's too difficult to dose because of the suicidal inhibition and I'm prone to crashing my estrogen to begin with. Were you still supplementing testosterone during your recovery period?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals