haidut

Forum Supporter
A study published almost a decade ago made the bold claim that aspirin may be a novel drug for osteoporosis.
[Effect of aspirin administration for the treatment of osteoporosis in ovariectomized rat model]. - PubMed - NCBI

However, the study did not get much traction and was in fact mocked by medical professionals since mainstream medicine considered the known anti-estrogenic effects of aspirin to be incompatible with a bone-protective effect. The study below may finally change this attitude as it provides direct evidence from human trials for the benefits of aspirin.
Aspirin and fracture risk: a systematic review and exploratory meta-analysis of observational studies
Aspirin may increase BMD and reduce fracture risk: Study

"...The researchers conducted a systematic review and exploratory meta-analysis of observational studies. This study was published in the British Medical Journal. A total of 12 studies were included in the meta-analysis, Electronic searches of MEDLINE and Embase, and a manual search of bibliographies was undertaken for studies published to 28 March 2018. Studies were included if participants were men or women aged ≥18 years; the exposure of interest was aspirin.Risk of bias was assessed using the Joanna Briggs Institute Critical Appraisal Checklists for observational studies. Following are the findings: 1) Data pooled from six studies that included 511 390 people indicated aspirin was associated with a 17% lower odds of any fracture. 2) Aspirin was associated with a higher total hip BMD for women and men. 3) No meta-analyses were undertaken for femoral neck or total body BMD as there were too few studies."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Incredible. Is there anything aspirin cannot do? I know when I mention it to someone they look at me like I am a total nutter. lol

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Incredible. Is there anything aspirin cannot do? I know when I mention it to someone they look at me like I am a total nutter. lol

I get the same look...and a response with a semi-sympathetic tone along the lines of "poor thing, he doesn't know how much medicine has evolved since grandmas were treating everything with aspirin back in the 19th century".
Dr. Peat said in one interview that aspirin, despite being a much simpler molecule, probably has at least as many benefits as progesterone and likely works on some very basic mechanisms in a way opposite to estrogen. Few things are as pro-metabolic as aspirin, progesterone, and salt.

scoobydoo

Amazing! I’m still trying to work out how to use without irritating my tinnitus. I love how to makes me feel but this one side affect is bothersome to say the least. I use with k2,gelatin and taurine

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Amazing! I’m still trying to work out how to use without irritating my tinnitus. I love how to makes me feel but this one side affect is bothersome to say the least. I use with k2,gelatin and taurine
What dose are you taking? These days I am taking one baby aspirin (81mg) twice a day. I also have tinnitus, but this amount of aspirin does not make it worse.

scoobydoo

What dose are you taking? These days I am taking one baby aspirin (81mg) twice a day. I also have tinnitus, but this amount of aspirin does not make it worse.
I’ve been doing half the dose of a regular aspirin so probably around 110ish mg

David PS

scoobydoo

I have! I think it must be a salicylate thing because it gets better when I take binders or lower serotonin and raise dopamine but as soon as I take aspirin it comes back

Sheik

It's scary how much the drug industry must really despise free speech on the internet.

linx

Forum Supporter
I wish I didn't get extreme allergic reactions to even the smallest dose (10 mg) of aspirin. I feel great for a few hours and then I get an acute case of angioedema around my eyes. I've read that aspirin can cause a leukotriene overload after a delay in some people but it's mostly seems to be related to asthma which is not what I experience.

Matt C

A study published almost a decade ago made the bold claim that aspirin may be a novel drug for osteoporosis.
[Effect of aspirin administration for the treatment of osteoporosis in ovariectomized rat model]. - PubMed - NCBI

However, the study did not get much traction and was in fact mocked by medical professionals since mainstream medicine considered the known anti-estrogenic effects of aspirin to be incompatible with a bone-protective effect. The study below may finally change this attitude as it provides direct evidence from human trials for the benefits of aspirin.
Aspirin and fracture risk: a systematic review and exploratory meta-analysis of observational studies
Aspirin may increase BMD and reduce fracture risk: Study

"...The researchers conducted a systematic review and exploratory meta-analysis of observational studies. This study was published in the British Medical Journal. A total of 12 studies were included in the meta-analysis, Electronic searches of MEDLINE and Embase, and a manual search of bibliographies was undertaken for studies published to 28 March 2018. Studies were included if participants were men or women aged ≥18 years; the exposure of interest was aspirin.Risk of bias was assessed using the Joanna Briggs Institute Critical Appraisal Checklists for observational studies. Following are the findings: 1) Data pooled from six studies that included 511 390 people indicated aspirin was associated with a 17% lower odds of any fracture. 2) Aspirin was associated with a higher total hip BMD for women and men. 3) No meta-analyses were undertaken for femoral neck or total body BMD as there were too few studies."
Hey Haidut,

There are so many posts on this forum about aspirin for a plethora of different benefits when taking it at particular dosages. I've personally noticed that 150mg of dissolvable aspirin gave me an increase in libido which i got from your post about aspirin can be a remedy for ED.

Would like to ask you, in terms of hair loss, what dosage do you think is best? Is there a sweet spot for lowering the negative prostaglandins and estrogen associated with MPB?

And what dose do you think is best for overall health, is there a dose that hits the most benefits?

Thanks mate