Transdermal Progesterone Reverses Osteoporosis

haidut

Forum Supporter
I posted this study in the Progestene thread, but I thought that in light of its spectacular claims/results it deserved a separate thread. The dose of progesterone used was not high at all - 7mg twice daily for a total of 14mg daily. However, the study period was quite long (6 years) so it might be some time before you see any results. Nonetheless, in light of the current claims that osteoporosis cannot be reversed and can only be slowed down I think this study highlights once more the regenerative abilities of the organism if provided with the right tools.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, osteoporosis was fully reversed ONLY in the group that took ONLY progesterone. In the group that took progesterone combined with estrogen the effects were much weaker and there was no complete reversal. So, the next time your doctor tells you to take estrogen to help osteoporosis tell him/her to eat this:):

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 369093017J

"...Present osteoporosis management emphasizes prevention rather than cure since true reversal has proven unobtainable by conventional methods. With the hypothesis that progesterone is the missing ingredient for normal bone-building in women, transdermal progesterone supplementation (with or without estrogen) was tested in an office-based setting over a period of six years.
Treatment resulted in progressive increase in bone mineral density (BMD) and, more importantly, definite clinical improvements evidenced by pain relief, height stabilization, increased physical activity, and fracture prevention. The benefits achieved were found to be independent of age. It is concluded that osteoporosis reversal is a clinical reality in a program that is safe, uncomplicated, and inexpensive."

RPDiciple

Does progesterone have benefits for us males as well? i have the progest-e from Ray P but i dont dear to use it because of the rp statement "it can make penis shrink" :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
Does progesterone have benefits for us males as well? i have the progest-e from Ray P but i dont dear to use it because of the rp statement "it can make penis shrink" :)

Yes, I think progesterone is useful for males but usually when combined with DHEA to mitigate its anti-androgenic effects. DHEA also reverses osteoporosis and is safer for males. So, either use both together or DHEA only.

FiveAsh

@haidut do you think there's any credibility behind the idea of topical (or oral) progesterone being effective for the treatment/reversal of gynecomastia?? I havent seen you refer to the condition a huge amount but was interested of you knew of any successful human trials. Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut do you think there's any credibility behind the idea of topical (or oral) progesterone being effective for the treatment/reversal of gynecomastia?? I havent seen you refer to the condition a huge amount but was interested of you knew of any successful human trials. Thanks.

Gynecomastia can be reversed by topical progesterone but I think drugs like bromocriptine and cabergoline have even stronger track record clinically. You can search PubMed for things like "bromocriptine gynecomastia" to get quite a few studies. DHT is even more effective topically, and I think Pansterone is a close approximation to DHT when used topically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals