Downsides Of Low Estrogens

sladerunner69

It always fascinated me how many people talk about muscles without being clear at all.
In reality not getting a pump at the gym kind of puts many away from the gym or induces another type of stress or slight depression that in which you see people saying they are not making gains after months of lifting at the gym.
This may not be easy to understand by the person that does not care about muscles (actually quite impossible to understand) or has not deliberately attempted to do that or could not do that. But the same person could see daily at the same time persons that are workout with weights and grow, so that messes up with your mind.

I am not sure how many people are working out with weights with a clear goal of adding muscle mass and how many wanna just touch the machines here and there and go on thread-mill for a lot of time to lose the fat and say they now got muscles. This second category is actually quite high even if this not the one advertised all over social media, but this is not really the category of people looking for a pump or getting satisfaction from squatting decently heavy weights.

In reality those working out seriously with weights do not really appreciate not getting a pump and on top of that that pump can make someone feel really good, it's really hard to even talk about it if it wasn't felt by someone, it can boost confidence and even raise happiness to get serious pump from a heavy workout especially when this happens several times a week.
Doing a heavy workout with zero pump it is almost hard to even do, muscles feel "wobbly" and often after a workout like that you can easily look smaller than before the workout and really is not physiologically raising one's mood.

So heavy pumps and a state of feeling good, confident and happy, enjoying music, food, etc is very well possible, having massive pumps does not mean you are dominate by serotonin.

So what you are saying is that serotonin dominated cannot feel good, confident and happy? And that because pumping iron makes one feel this way, then the act of pumping iron must not be contributing to serotonin release?

Kunstruct

I was mainly talking about pumps and how me and people around me have acted and reacted.
If getting pumped makes one wanna dance, be filled with joy and not wanna quit, do that over and over in the course of a month while weather gloomy outside (not the typical it's summer outside life it is so good in summer type of environment and feeling you see often), I doubt is serotonin involved in any of those feelings.

D

danishispsychic

How much iodine in mcg are you taking?
I don't take iodine right now because I really upped my milk consumption and seafood and eggs. When I could not drink milk, ( I fixed that with probiotics and kept drinking it - ) I would take 3 drops of nacent a day first thing in the am- or 3 drops of Lugols topically a day. I would take a week off too,, and then start up again bc my body does better with pulse dosing..

T

TheBeard

It always fascinated me how many people talk about muscles without being clear at all.
In reality not getting a pump at the gym kind of puts many away from the gym or induces another type of stress or slight depression that in which you see people saying they are not making gains after months of lifting at the gym.
This may not be easy to understand by the person that does not care about muscles (actually quite impossible to understand) or has not deliberately attempted to do that or could not do that. But the same person could see daily at the same time persons that are workout with weights and grow, so that messes up with your mind.

I am not sure how many people are working out with weights with a clear goal of adding muscle mass and how many wanna just touch the machines here and there and go on thread-mill for a lot of time to lose the fat and say they now got muscles. This second category is actually quite high even if this not the one advertised all over social media, but this is not really the category of people looking for a pump or getting satisfaction from squatting decently heavy weights.

In reality those working out seriously with weights do not really appreciate not getting a pump and on top of that that pump can make someone feel really good, it's really hard to even talk about it if it wasn't felt by someone, it can boost confidence and even raise happiness to get serious pump from a heavy workout especially when this happens several times a week.
Doing a heavy workout with zero pump it is almost hard to even do, muscles feel "wobbly" and often after a workout like that you can easily look smaller than before the workout and really is not physiologically raising one's mood.

So heavy pumps and a state of feeling good, confident and happy, enjoying music, food, etc is very well possible, having massive pumps does not mean you are dominate by serotonin.

Completely true.

Only in a state of higher estrogens do I enjoy the vascularity, pumps, libido, life and music enjoyment.

Low e2 makes me an apathetic person

lampofred

when i pushed my progesterone up to a sky high number with the " progesterone is so good for you thing" and my estrogen got waaaay low- i felt like my whole body was shriveling up like a raisin- because it was. i dont even touch progesterone anymore. borax and iodine did way more for me.

Could you describe in more detail? Do you mean you felt feverish? Or something else?

If it was headache/feverishness/weight loss/etc. it could have been a brief surge of hyperthyroidism because of progesterone suddenly releasing all your built-up thyroid hormone at once.

D

danishispsychic

None of the above. Progesterone and too much of it made me gain weight, be constipated, closed my cervix , dry everywhere, and my estrogen was WAY low. I have a lot of dna mutations, and was on Progest E when my estrogen was already too low. So I do not buy all the hype and glory of high progesterone use. When I had my salvia panel done , it is 5x the level that Ray recommends.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
None of the above. Progesterone and too much of it made me gain weight, be constipated, closed my cervix , dry everywhere, and my estrogen was WAY low. I have a lot of dna mutations, and was on Progest E when my estrogen was already too low. So I do not buy all the hype and glory of high progesterone use. When I had my salvia panel done , it is 5x the level that Ray recommends.
It’s nice to hear this from a female.

Arnold Grape

Heh — been working out with reduced “pump” for several years on Peat and that sux: I agree that a combination of all estrogen lowering tips is too much for some people. In my case that was taking as little as one aspirin a day, but I’m getting back to it. Eating more starch these days and trying to find the appropriate balance. I think I was actually sort of embarrassed by my body during this period (of extreme Peat eating) and that’s weird for me to admit.

skycop00

Sadly in the hormone replacement world I see this all the time. Woman slathering in Pg creams and blowing up like beach balls, massive anxiety, angry and generally unpleasant feeling. I'm sure lots of players there like the stress response/cortisol paths being fed as well as a lack of appropriate E2 levels.

opethfeldt

I was mainly talking about pumps and how me and people around me have acted and reacted.
If getting pumped makes one wanna dance, be filled with joy and not wanna quit, do that over and over in the course of a month while weather gloomy outside (not the typical it's summer outside life it is so good in summer type of environment and feeling you see often), I doubt is serotonin involved in any of those feelings.
Many people get addicted to the feelings of stress hormones. Estrogen, for example, can induce a very fun euphoric feeling in the short term. So can cortisol. Look at people who do intermittent fasting and claim it makes them feel amazing. So just because you feel good from it and seek it out for that reason doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing.

Spartan300

the_estrogen_handbook - steroids
Too low estrogen side effects
  • Dry skin/lips
  • Painful joints
  • Feeling of dehydration
  • Loss of libido
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Loss of sensitivity
  • Dry glans (penis)
  • White glans
  • Loss of girth
  • Irritability/Mood swings
  • Crying for no reason
  • DHT rage (aggression you take out on others)
  • Dull orgasm
  • Hesitation just before urinating
  • Night sweats
  • Loss of appetite
  • Constant fatigue
  • Lethargy
  • Constipation (due to dehydration)
  • Diuretic effect (pissing more water than you are consuming)
  • Itchy scalp
  • Obsessive thoughts

What would be the recommendation for someone experiencing most of these symptoms?

Kunstruct

Heh — been working out with reduced “pump” for several years on Peat and that sux: I agree that a combination of all estrogen lowering tips is too much for some people. In my case that was taking as little as one aspirin a day, but I’m getting back to it. Eating more starch these days and trying to find the appropriate balance. I think I was actually sort of embarrassed by my body during this period (of extreme Peat eating) and that’s weird for me to admit.

Yeah.
Actually if I remember one of my best gym days was one of my most insane pumps ever in the chest, a couple of guys that new at the gym were shocked, like what did I do that in just 2 days from the last workout I blew up in chest size. It was a pump which gave me massive confidence to go with higher weights. This was a time when I didn't even knew one could take this and that for pumps or anything like that, wasn't taking anything anyway. I was even doing some push ups at home to pump back up. When I was feeling really good I always went to the floor and done some push-ups and one point I was putting songs and doing push up based on the beats I enjoyed.

Life went in bad direction at some point and coincidentally, pumps also went away at the same time. It was kind of the first time I realized one could work out and not have pumps at all, it was so strange then, now I am used to no pumps.

Kunstruct

Many people get addicted to the feelings of stress hormones. Estrogen, for example, can induce a very fun euphoric feeling in the short term. So can cortisol. Look at people who do intermittent fasting and claim it makes them feel amazing. So just because you feel good from it and seek it out for that reason doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing.

Having actually done labs tests for E2, I can tell you I never felt good with high E2 and high Cortisol.
I can kind of guess how the results are going to be based on how I feel.

opethfeldt

Having actually done labs tests for E2, I can tell you I never felt good with high E2 and high Cortisol.
I can kind of guess how the results are going to be based on how I feel.
Just going off symptoms. Lab testing is expensive. I get high estrogen from testosterone, so it may be the combination of testosterone and estrogen/cortisol that is euphoric. At least temporarily.

Kunstruct

Just be careful with certain theoretical things, you might put thought into your brain. I have seen people saying that if the Estradiol is high the Prolactin must be rocket sky or high and it was not the case for me, generally was very low or low.

ilhanxx

low e2 make me a autistic, zero libido, robotic and cheerless person. I dont talk to people or get eye contact with low e2. I feel best middle range or one click up.

Spartan300

So what are folks doing when experiencing low estrogen symptoms? Just avoiding supplements designed to lower it?

Arnold Grape

So what are folks doing when experiencing low estrogen symptoms? Just avoiding supplements designed to lower it?
Quitting supps: stopping aspirin and hormone adjusting things outside what would constitute an emergency and eating sour dough bread now. Virtually just taking Estroban when I feel edgy and magnesium bicarbonate drink. I also take D3, but that’s it.

Spartan300

Thanks @Arnold Grape what difference has this made and how long did it take?

I know my D3 levels are good, probably low on Mg.
What is the significance of sour dough?