Oxalates/Oxalic Acid

ste199

Hi everyone i eat almost everyday strong Black tea,chocolate and spinach all food high in oxalates.
Which are effects on healt?
Any way to minimize damages?

CoolTweetPete

The Bulletproof Diet guy Dave Asprey claims that taking some calcium with these foods will bind the oxalates so they can be excreted. Don't know if that's true.

Peat thinks spinach is good, from a recent podcast:

"If they are organically grown without intense nitrate fertilization and if it’s well cooked, I think spinach is good food." - RP

The liver handles anti-nutrients in foods just as its supposed to. That is the point of having a liver. Since no food is perfect, we have ways to get whats needed and excrete whats not in a food context. He's once mentioned the tannins in tea. I know some people who drink a lot of tea and look great for their age. I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the foods you like.

The Bulletproof Diet guy Dave Asprey claims that taking some calcium with these foods will bind the oxalates so they can be excreted. Don't know if that's true.

He also takes Metformin and Provigil. It's hard for me to take him seriously when he takes a drug for T2D. Looks like his high fat diet isn't working for him if he has high blood glucose.

Last edited:
OP
ste199

ste199

Ok thanks for replies,i know that my liver could handle anti nutrient but maybe eating every day a lot of oxalates could reduce some nutrient absorb. If it bind calcium for ex.
Anyway i think spinach are a great good high in calcium, magnesium(by clorophille)and K.also tea is a must for me,because i love it,i don't tolerate coffee and it has caffeine and teanine with dopaminergic anti serotonine and antistaminic proprieties

LucH

Any way to minimize damages?
120 ml lemon juice to counterack lithiasis.
or magnesium and potassium citrates.
Or enough calcium from food to be linked and rejected through urine.

OP
ste199

ste199

Thank you
Oj too?
Aslo phosphoric acid from coke?

LucH

1. Oj too?
2. Aslo phosphoric acid from coke?
Yes for orange: rich in calcium and citrates. But only if your are not overloaded (acid is excreted through CO2). Ok for most people.
2. joker. Not free to answer.

Xisca

It is not enough...

Ok thanks for replies,i know that my liver could handle anti nutrient but maybe eating every day a lot of oxalates could reduce some nutrient absorb. If it bind calcium for ex.
Anyway i think spinach are a great good high in calcium, magnesium(by clorophille)and K.also tea is a must for me,because i love it,i don't tolerate coffee and it has caffeine and teanine with dopaminergic anti serotonine and antistaminic proprieties
Not that it could... it does and a lot!
Of these drop spinach!
Green tea is lower, and if you put milk in your black tea it helps.

120 ml lemon juice to counterack lithiasis.
or magnesium and potassium citrates.
Or enough calcium from food to be linked and rejected through urine.
Perfect!
Calcium citrate is also used.
Enough calcium may not be enough for everybody...

I up all posts about oxalate! It can explain many issues! Including thyroid and the need to take B vitamins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals