Orthodoxy And The Religion Of The Future

VitoScaletta

We have always known we would be persecuted. It has happened before and will happen again. (((Zelenski))) is not the first of his kind to hate us.
Based reply and based profile picture.
1670432932260.png

VitoScaletta

I hate the modern Russian church. Destroyed and then rebuilt with Soviet "help", and nowadays it's overly involved in politics.

ChetnikPeater

I hate the modern Russian church. Destroyed and then rebuilt with Soviet "help", and nowadays it's overly involved in politics.
Church has always been political to be honest. While the church isn't unworthy of reasonable criticism, it is definitely not succumbing to western satanism and corruption. I also respect them for not cucking in the current war with Ukraine.
In the end, we should always pray for all churches. Jesus said to even pray for theifs, adulturers, and all other sinners, which even I find difficult sometimes.
Based reply and based profile picture.
View attachment 45526
Respect, Hanayama is my idol.

Perry Staltic

While the church isn't unworthy of reasonable criticism, it is definitely not succumbing to western satanism and corruption. I also respect them for not cucking in the current war with Ukraine.

Kudos to the Orthodox church for not embracing Augustine's gnostic errors, as the Catholics and Protestants did

Pistachio

“Today it is no longer a secret that the former patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church, Alexy II, for decades was in the Soviet security apparatus under the operational pseudonym Drozdov, as well as the current patriarch Kirill, who worked for state security under the pseudonym Mikhailov.

—Soviet defector Vladimir Popov”

Pistachio

“Today it is no longer a secret that the former patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church, Alexy II, for decades was in the Soviet security apparatus under the operational pseudonym Drozdov, as well as the current patriarch Kirill, who worked for state security under the pseudonym Mikhailov.

—Soviet defector Vladimir Popov”

Russian Orthodox Monk is "hero of the Soviet Union"

russia-politics-defence-award.jpg

Chief of the Russian General military Staff Valery Gerasimov (L), Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu (C) and Russian Orthodox monk Cyprian, "Hero of the Soviet Union" Colonel Valery Burkov, attend a ceremony to award Gold Star medals to "Heroes of Russia" on the eve of Heroes of the Fatherland Day at the Kremlin in Moscow on December 8, 2022. (Photo by Alexey MAISHEV / SPUTNIK / AFP) (Photo by ALEXEY MAISHEV/SPUTNIK/AFP via Getty Images)

ChetnikPeater

Pistachio

Source? You guys just post any russian slander with no basis in reality. I don't even get why anyone with even a standard-level iq would hate on russia. You don't like russia? Okay, enjoy the west where your kids genital's will be forcefully mutilated and castrated while you lose your job for not taking a knee for african american criminals ahhahahahaha
Somehow, Russia is never at fault, only everyone else.

KGB shills run rampant here.

Birdie

"🔥 This week we finally learned what it takes for the Vatican to defrock a Catholic Priest. The New York Times ran a story last weekend headlined, “Vatican Removes Anti-Abortion Activist From the Priesthood.”

According to the Times, Father Frank Pavone, leader of advocacy group ‘Priests for Life,’ and one of President Trump’s religious advisers, was permanently dismissed from the clergy on November 9th, with no possibility of appeal.

A terse letter from the Vatican explained, “This action was taken after Father Pavone was found guilty in canonical proceedings of blasphemous communications on social media, and of persistent disobedience of the lawful instructions of his diocesan bishop.” The Times said the letter did not specify which social media communications, or what disobedience, nor did it name the “diocesan bishop.”

The statement said that Mr. Pavone was given “ample opportunity to defend himself” as well as “multiple opportunities to submit himself to the authority of his diocesan bishop.” But Father Pavone told the Times he still doesn’t know what the blasphemous communications supposedly were, or exactly what he did to disobey said bishop. “I’m waiting for them to point out to me what I did wrong that merits something like this,” he said.

Father Pavone is a prolific, blunt, and spicy tweeter, especially about pro-life issues, and has questioned the results of the 2020 elections. Had he been accused of pederasty, though, he’d probably just have been transferred to another diocese and the records covered up."

Jeff Childers

Pistachio

Peachy

The Ethiopians are not even in communion with Moscow. All a bunch of schismatics anyways.
You mean Orthodox are a bunch of schismatics? Not by definition. Schismatic: A person who dissents from the doctrine of an established church.

Perry Staltic

You mean Orthodox are a bunch of schismatics? Not by definition. Schismatic: A person who dissents from the doctrine of an established church.

The Ethiopian Orthodox church existed before the other Orthodox churches did. Also older than the Catholic church

Peachy

The Ethiopian Orthodox church existed before the other Orthodox churches did. Also older than the Catholic church
Yes, that surprised me for whatever reason. Here’s an excerpt from the article I just shared:

Bulatovich records pieces of the long history of Ethiopian Orthodoxy, clearly acknowledging that Ethiopian Christianity predates the Baptism of Rus’ by some six-hundred years.

He writes, for instance, that “at the time of the fortieth king of [the Solomonic] dynasty, Abrekh-Atsebakh, the light of Christian learning penetrated Abyssinia in the person of Saint Frumentius, called by the Abyssinians Aba Salama” in the year 343, and that “from this dynasty… there reigned King Kaleb who had undertaken a campaign against the Jewish King Zu-Nuvas, well-known for his oppression of Christians of Nauad. Kaleb defeated Zu-Nuvas, and the Ethiopian kingdom was founded by the son of Kaleb, Abrekh” (91).

This is important because it shows that Bulatovich is specifically aware that the Tewahado significantly predates Russian Orthodoxy. This is further apparent when he remarks that the Ethiopian “liturgy of John of Damascus differs, as far as I could tell, from our liturgy of John of Damascus,” because “there is no liturgical prayer… In all probability the liturgical prayer is a later addition made by the Byzantine church.”

This remark about Constantinople’s influence in Russian liturgy explicitly recognizes that Ethiopian traditions preexist his own. It also evidences his conception of the Eastern Orthodox family as an international, multicultural one, with the Byzantine Church having shaped his Church in the past.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals