(New Book) Cancer Cured: Victory Over The War On Cancer

yerrag

I don't think this contradicts Buteyko or others who recognise the importance of CO2, AFAIK. It's integral to why their theory works.

So, if I can summarize my understanding now, it is blood CO2, influencing blood pH (as influenced primarily by CO2 in the blood), that provides the basis for our breathing rate, and not O2 (as it has less of an effect on blood pH), under normal circumstances, which can be defined as when intake from the lungs to the blood vessels is adequate, and when tissue oxygenation is adequate as well. So under such circumstances, if serum CO2 is too high, respiratory compensation kicks in, and breathing rate is increased in order to expel CO2 from the lungs.

If serum CO2 is too low, there is no respiratory compensation for that. In this case, there would be lower tissue oxygenation (Haldane effect), and the body would simply make do with the lower tissue oxygenation, by conserving the use of oxygen by resorting to other metabolic pathways that require less oxygen. In other words, if serums CO2 is too low, there is no "reverse respiratory compensation" that would automatically lower breathing rate to retain more CO2 in the blood. This is where the person has to train himself to breath less. The Buteyko method is one way to do so.

So, there is an active system of respiratory compensation ongoing that would keep our body from excess blood acidity from excess CO2, but no active system of "reverse respiratory compensation" to keep the body form excess blood alkalinity from a lack of CO2.

So the body is active in correcting for an excess CO2 situation, which I believe is mostly externally induced, but isn't active in correcting for a CO2 deficiency situation, which happens often.

Under normal circumstances, it is CO2 which determines breathing rate. In an oxygen deficient situation (arising from either poor lung intake of oxygen or poor tissue intake of oxygen), oxygen becomes the determinant of breathing rate.

The Buteyko method is a method of increasing serum CO2 levels, by making possible a higher retention of carbon dioxide in the blood, increasing levels of tissue oxygenation. Other way to address low serum CO2 levels is thru better nutrition- more sugar - to complement increased tissue oxygenation - in providing the necessary input for respiratory oxidation, in which carbon dioxide is produced. Ensuring the availability of enzymes that effect respiratory oxidation, with vitamins and minerals, and adequate protein intake - will help further effect respiratory oxidation. The more the body relies on respiratory oxidation for energy, the more carbon dioxide is produced and used to maintain proper support for tissue oxygenation.

Most of the time, under normal circumstances, the problem of CO2 excess in the blood doesn't arise. It is the problem of CO2 deficiency which creates conditions that need to be addressed actively and consciously by a person. The sad part is that the medical profession is focused on the CO2 excess side, and does little or nothing to address the CO2 deficiency side of the equation.

The medical norm of carbon dioxide concentration in the human body is around 5% (35-37mmHg). Dr. Buteyko found that people who had optimal levels of carbon dioxide never suffered from any chronic diseases and the greater the deficiency of carbon dioxide a person had, the worse their overall level of health. (p. 218 Cancer Cured...)

Where do you stand in terms of carbon dioxide concentration? I am at 30.

tara

So, if I can summarize my understanding now, it is blood CO2, influencing blood pH (as influenced primarily by CO2 in the blood),
I think other factors can affect blood pH too, but CO2 is an important one.

, that provides the basis for our breathing rate, and not O2 (as it has less of an effect on blood pH), under normal circumstances, which can be defined as when intake from the lungs to the blood vessels is adequate, and when tissue oxygenation is adequate as well.

So under such circumstances, if serum CO2 is too high, respiratory compensation kicks in, and breathing rate is increased in order to expel CO2 from the lungs.
Right, if the CO2 set point is in line with optimal CO2 level, and one is not at extremes of oxygen and CO2 levels.

If serum CO2 is too low, there is no respiratory compensation for that.
If the set point is in line with optimal CO2 range, there is respiratory compensation. Breathing rate slows. You might notice the occasional spontaneous holding of breath. Even if the set point is lowered, there can be respiratory compensation if the CO2 level dips below that set point.

In this case, there would be lower tissue oxygenation (Haldane effect), and the body would simply make do with the lower tissue oxygenation, by conserving the use of oxygen by resorting to other metabolic pathways that require less oxygen. In other words, if serums CO2 is too low, there is no "reverse respiratory compensation" that would automatically lower breathing rate to retain more CO2 in the blood.
AIUI, the chronic problem arises when lowered CO2 conditions have persisted long enough to reset the CO2 set point to a lower than optimal level. Chronic stress or other causes of chronic hyperventilation can reset it. Then you don't get the automatic slowed breathing to compensate and bring the CO2 level up to a high enough level to provide optimal O2 supply to tissues, and you can leave some tissues and organs struggling with reduced circulation, and chronic mild (or sometimes more severe) hypoxic conditions.

This is where the person has to train himself to breath less. The Buteyko method is one way to do so.
It's when the set point has been lowered that retraining to raise the set point can be helpful, by Buteyo or other methods.

So, there is an active system of respiratory compensation ongoing that would keep our body from excess blood acidity from excess CO2, but no active system of "reverse respiratory compensation" to keep the body form excess blood alkalinity from a lack of CO2.

So the body is active in correcting for an excess CO2 situation, which I believe is mostly externally induced, but isn't active in correcting for a CO2 deficiency situation, which happens often.
We are evolved with mechanisms for both, but most of us are living in conditions for which this system is not optimally evolved. Our systems are well designed to handle occasional short intermittent stresses that require a burst of skeletal muscle power (supplied by increased breathing). We are not evolved to handle the continuous unrelenting chronic stresses common in today's civilisation. Adrenaline tends to promote hyperventilation.

Under normal circumstances, it is CO2 which determines breathing rate. In an oxygen deficient situation (arising from either poor lung intake of oxygen or poor tissue intake of oxygen), oxygen becomes the determinant of breathing rate.
I think this is only in extreme situations.

The Buteyko method is a method of increasing serum CO2 levels, by making possible a higher retention of carbon dioxide in the blood, increasing levels of tissue oxygenation.
Buteyko method is primarily about learning and practicing reduced breathing, but he also had lifestyle guidelines to support this, including some about diet.

The more the body relies on respiratory oxidation for energy, the more carbon dioxide is produced and used to maintain proper support for tissue oxygenation.
I think so.
Most of the time, under normal circumstances, the problem of CO2 excess in the blood doesn't arise. It is the problem of CO2 deficiency which creates conditions that need to be addressed actively and consciously by a person. The sad part is that the medical profession is focused on the CO2 excess side, and does little or nothing to address the CO2 deficiency side of the equation.
As far as I'm aware the medical profession spends much time focussed on CO2 excess either, except in particular cases where it really is an issue, though they do often deliver oxygen that would probably work better if it came with a suitable proportion of CO2 mixed into it.
I do think many of them are probably unaware of the significance of hyperventilation and lowered CO2 levels.

Where do you stand in terms of carbon dioxide concentration? I am at 30.
I don't know if I've ever had mine measured. But my CP is terrible, consistent with chronic ill health. Better than it used to be, except that I had a recent set back from an acute illness.

aquaman

Did you find in the book examples of human "victory over cancer", as the title alleges?

Writting a book called "Cancer Cured: Victory Over the War on Cancer" without having treated first hand cancer patients makes a mockery of this disease and the countless individuals who have worked to cure it, and also the people suffering from it.

That's in direct line with the attitude shown on this forum by the author.

Start by being honest in the presentation of your work, desist from misrepresenting its content for purely financial gains, and then i might just read it.

There's an interview here Ray says the cause and cure of cancer was known 50+ years ago. Write to Ray and tell him he's making a mockery of cancer.

aquaman

^^ From: September 2016 War On Cancer interview:

Ray Peat said:
"At that time I was really just bringing together information on oxidative metabolism that had been developed over the preceding 50 years and I thought the situation was ripe for sort of a conclusion. At the time I could not have imagined that 45 years later it would have gone backwards to the 1890s situation of the government pushing a purely genetic causation of cancer"

Travis

There's an interview here Ray says the cause and cure of cancer was known 50+ years ago. Write to Ray and tell him he's making a mockery of cancer.
That's the conclusion that I had come-up with. Ray Peat must have been talking about methylglyoxal and Szent-Györgyi.

aquaman

That's the conclusion that I had come-up with. Ray Peat must have been talking about methylglyoxal and Szent-Györgyi.

If you listen to that interview above, the start of the quote is about ageing and oxidative metabolism. He's referring to a strong oxidative metabolism preventing the local conditions needed for Cancer. Which is what the book of the OP is about.

Travis

Oh, and Warburg too.

Nixon's "War on Cancer" only reinforced the myth that cancer was still a cryptic disease and that cures had not been found. Television-fed people cannot believe the "big lie", and remain completely ignorant of this.

There are still studies on methylglyoxal from India showing insanely-high cure rates in mice.

I vote for methylglyoxal* and Gerson, everything else is stamp collecting.

*This message has not been approved by the FDA.

Last edited:

yerrag

I think other factors can affect blood pH too, but CO2 is an important one.
Yes, high lactic acid concentration can lower blood pH as well, and this can also lead to hyperventilation.

I don't know if I've ever had mine measured. But my CP is terrible, consistent with chronic ill health. Better than it used to be, except that I had a recent set back from an acute illness.
I hope you continue to get better. I haven't checked my control pause in a while. But it's much better now at 52 seconds. My serum CO2 increased from 26 to 30, so maybe the CP correlates directly with serum CO2?

tara

Yes, high lactic acid concentration can lower blood pH as well, and this can also lead to hyperventilation.
And I think dietary effects and related mineral stores/buffers can have influence. Like Peat, Rakhimov's discussion of Buteyko method also includes the importance of alkaline minerals like calcium and magnesium, for instance.

yerrag

And I think dietary effects and related mineral stores/buffers can have influence. Like Peat, Rakhimov's discussion of Buteyko method also includes the importance of alkaline minerals like calcium and magnesium, for instance.
That would make sense, considering that the production of thyroid would be inhibited by lack of certain electrolytes such as magnesium. And thyroid is needed to enable oxidative metabolism, where CO2 is an end product.

I'm starting to think that when my mom was having a high breathing rate, and bag breathing wasn't helping, it could very well be that her blood pH was acidic due to a high level of lactic acid, resulting from not eating much and resorting to raised cortisol levels and a higher level of lactic acid production. The increased breathing rate would lower her CO2 further, while not being able to raise her blood pH. Just listened to Danny Roddy's Generative Energy Podcast 10, and haidut mentions of thiamine being used to lower lactic acid levels. Probably at that point, some thiamine would have helped more than bag breathing. Or done together it would have been better.

DaveFoster

By the way, i've seen people mentioning Einstein in this thread; i explained here Albert was a clever fraud all his life, just like Pasteur , and stole all his discoveries from others, while being protected by the medias.

AULIS Online – Different Thinking
Very helpful link, burtlancast, thank you for providing it. I will share this.

yerrag

The kindle price of this book is getting way ahead of inflation. Came out at 19.95, then less than a week later 29.95, now at 41.53.

Paperback isn't sold by Amazon but thru third party sellers, with shipping comes out to a little less than $20.

I won't be surprised if paperback prices are raised.

It's also not included anymore in Kindle Unlimited.

Hurry, guys, buy and buy! Soon it will cost more than your arm and leg. Hey, if you really like this book, pay up or shut up!:(

I don't know what game Amazon or endalldisease is playing here. Is this a sign of things to come with kindle pricing?

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Let's just ease off this flat earth nonsense and get down to the real truth:

18myou0kz7ujejpg.jpg

This picture can't be right. I was told it's turtles all the way down, man.

TreasureVibe

I was thinking the same thing the other day.

What an independent researcher lacks in authority, he makes-up for with unbiased perception. Everyone at the cancer research centers know that a cheap cure would put everyone out of a job, at least subconsciously. They just tinker around and pretend that cancer is "just so darn complicated" and a cure "remains elusive."

Bastards they are.

The class of compounds used by Koch and Szent-Gyögyi are more effective than anything patented and sold to the American public.

In vivo assessment of toxicity and pharmacokinetics of methylglyoxal Augmentation of the curative effect of methylglyoxal on cancer-bearing mice by ascorbic acid and creatine

View attachment 5579

A related compound, 3-bromopyruvate, also has stunning cure rates.

Advanced cancers: eradication in all cases using 3-bromopyruvate therapy to deplete ATP

All tumors were reversed in rats with 3-bromopyruvate.

Albert Szent-Györgi put out a very interesting explanation as to what cancer is in a few articles:

The living state and cancer
CELL DIVISION, SH, KETOALDEHYDES, AND CANCER

And he has written a few books on the subject as well.
This 3-bromopyruvate seems very interesting @Obi-wan

I came across it in this study:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10863-007-9070-5

dand

So cool I am just noticing this! Thank you. I will be sure to check it out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals