Orthodoxy And The Religion Of The Future

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This was a really good explanation of what's going on. Sent to a lot of people. Thank you
Certainly, I’ve been helped by your posts so hopefully I’m able to contribute something useful from time to time myself.

Pistachio

This might be off topic, forgive me if so. I found these profound words of inspiration about bringing Divine and God back into life and our choices from Dr. Zelenko who recently passed away and wanted to share. It is only a few minutes. @Birdie @Blossom @Inaut

Zelenko was controlled opposition, pushing the Noahide laws as the solution to everything.

ThinPicking

:bow Thanks, the character's a bit new to me.

He seems to denounce Trumpcard now but I guess there's new current affairs bs I can't quite separate.

Perry Staltic

The Catholic Church has far outdone the Orthodox when it comes to the right to life.

That Lana Murphy is a vile creature.

The Orthodox Church has far outdone the Catholic Church when it comes to rejecting the gnostic errors of Augustine.

mariantos

2nd video is typical smug, ignorant, judgmental remarks from a protestant who is totally unaware that eastern Orthodoxy is the only Christian church that stood apart from and rejected the gnostic heresy that conquered the Roman Catholic and Protestant churches

Sorry for the delay. Look, lately I've been spending a little time with the Bible, and I've been focusing specifically on the problem of idolatry, because countless souls have perished and are perishing because of it. I have already specified that I was born in a country that practices such things and I thank the Lord God for His mercy and for opening my eyes. May the good God turn to Him all of you who are caught in the merciless trap of idolatry.

Brothers and sisters alike, please take your time and read this message, for I will not speak from myself, but from the Word of the Lord I will write, so if you will not think on what is written and receive the truth in your hearts, it is not me you will refuse, but God you will not believe.

Throughout the Bible, the battle is for worship my dear and beloved brothers and sisters. Because our enemy the devil wants worship and service, an interesting thing is that this evil and extremely cunning enemy of mankind does not care if he receives worship directly or indirectly, for him worship be.

Consider that if Israel was not excluded from this practice and in ancient times fell into idolatry countless times, neither are we. The pagan deities (fallen angels) of old are today worshiped as saints . The world is deceived by the father of lies, the master of deception, the prince of this earth. We must not forget, dear ones, who our enemy is, because if he managed to make those (the Israelites) who had received the Law of God and knew it, to fall into the sin of idolatry, then he can certainly deceive anyone.

What I have written is enough and unimportant, what follows is important, for I truly know that the souls of captives can be set free by the word of God, for the word of God is truth, power and light.

I have prepared a list for you my dears, a list of quotes from the Bible where God speaks against idolatry and warns His people through his prophets about the dangers of this practice and where other gods are discussed, too. I want to point out that there are many more quotes against idols, if you will research thoroughly, which I ask you to do, you will see that I am not lying to you, but I will write here only a part, namely 75 quotes. In the first part there will be clues and indications of how we should NOT worship in order to be pleasing to God, our Father!

I. And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exodus 20:1‭-‬6

II. Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: lest ye corrupt yourselves , and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air, the likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth: and lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
Deuteronomy 4:15‭-‬19

III. Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing , which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee. For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Deuteronomy 4:23‭-‬24

IV. They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods , With abominations provoked they him to anger. They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; To gods whom they knew not, To new gods that came newly up, Whom your fathers feared not.
Deuteronomy 32:16‭-‬17

V. that ye come not among these nations, these that remain among you; neither make mention of the name of their gods, nor cause to swear by them , neither serve them, nor bow yourselves unto them:
Joshua 23:7

VI. When ye have transgressed the covenant of the LORD your God, which he commanded you, and have gone and served other gods, and bowed yourselves to them; then shall the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and ye shall perish quickly from off the good land which he hath given unto you.
Joshua 23:16

VII. And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD , and served Baalim: and they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger. And they forsook the LORD , and served Baal and Ashtaroth. And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies.
Judges 2:11‭-‬14

VIII. And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD , and forgat the LORD their God, and served Baalim and the groves.
Judges 3:7

IX. For great is the LORD , and greatly to be praised: He also is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the people are idols: But the LORD made the heavens.
1 Chronicles 16:25‭-‬26

X. But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them; then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations. And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house? And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them.
2 Chronicles 7:19‭-‬22

XI. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: Their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, Nor take up their names into my lips.
Psalm 16:4

XII. Into thine hand I commit my spirit: Thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth. I have hated them that regard lying vanities: But I trust in the LORD .
Psalm 31:5‭-‬6

XIII. Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, And kept not his testimonies: But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: They were turned aside like a deceitful bow. For they provoked him to anger with their high places, And moved him to jealousy with their graven images.
Psalm 78:56‭-‬58

XIV. Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me; There shall no strange god be in thee; Neither shalt thou worship any strange god. I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: Open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
Psalm 81:8‭-‬10

XV. For the LORD is a great God, And a great King above all gods.
Psalm 95:3

XVI. For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: He is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols: But the LORD made the heavens. Honour and majesty are before him: Strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. Give unto the LORD , O ye kindreds of the people, Give unto the LORD glory and strength. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: Bring an offering, and come into his courts. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: Fear before him, all the earth.
Psalm 96:4‭-‬9

XVII. The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; Let the multitude of isles be glad thereof. Clouds and darkness are round about him: Righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. A fire goeth before him, And burneth up his enemies round about. His lightnings enlightened the world: The earth saw, and trembled. The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD , At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth. The heavens declare his righteousness, And all the people see his glory. Confounded be all they that serve graven images, That boast themselves of idols: Worship him, all ye gods. Zion heard, and was glad; And the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD . For thou, LORD , art high above all the earth: Thou art exalted far above all gods.
Psalm 97:1‭-‬9

XVIII. They made a calf in Horeb, And worshipped the molten image. Thus they changed their glory Into the similitude of an ox that eateth grass. They forgat God their saviour, Which had done great things in Egypt; Wondrous works in the land of Ham, And terrible things by the Red sea.
Psalm 106:19‭-‬22

XIX. Not unto us, O LORD , not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, For thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake. Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God? But our God is in the heavens: He hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. Their idols are silver and gold, The work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not: Eyes have they, but they see not: They have ears, but they hear not: Noses have they, but they smell not: They have hands, but they handle not: Feet have they, but they walk not: Neither speak they through their throat. They that make them are like unto them; So is every one that trusteth in them.
Psalm 115:1‭-‬8

XX. The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not; Eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; Neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them: So is every one that trusteth in them.
Psalm 135:15‭-‬18

XXI. Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots: their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
Isaiah 2:7‭-‬8

XXII. As my hand hath found the kingdoms of the idols, and whose graven images did excel them of Jerusalem and of Samaria; Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?
Isaiah 10:10‭-‬11

XXIII. and, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.
Isaiah 21:9

XXIV. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: and thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Ye shall defile also the covering of thy graven images of silver, and the ornament of thy molten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth; thou shalt say unto it, Get thee hence. Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures.
Isaiah 30:20‭-‬23

XXV. Turn ye unto him from whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted. For in that day every man shall cast away his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which your own hands have made unto you for a sin.
Isaiah 31:6‭-‬7

XXVI. O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth. Incline thine ear, O LORD , and hear; open thine eyes, O LORD , and see: and hear all the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent to reproach the living God. Of a truth, LORD , the kings of Assyria have laid waste all the nations, and their countries, and have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them. Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD , even thou only.
Isaiah 37:16‭-‬20

XXVII. To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him? The workman melteth a graven image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it over with gold, and casteth silver chains. He that is so impoverished that he hath no oblation chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh unto him a cunning workman to prepare a graven image, that shall not be moved.
Isaiah 40:18‭-‬20

XXVIII. So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying, It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved.
Isaiah 41:7

XXIX. Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind and confusion.
Isaiah 41:29

XXX. I am the LORD : that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:8

XXXI. They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.
Isaiah 42:17

XXXII. They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing? Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together. The smith with the tongs both worketh in the coals, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his arms: yea, he is hungry, and his strength faileth: he drinketh no water, and is faint. The carpenter stretcheth out his rule; he marketh it out with a line; he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man; that it may remain in the house. He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it. Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it , and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto. He burneth part thereof in the fire; with part thereof he eateth flesh; he roasteth roast, and is satisfied: yea, he warmeth himself , and saith, Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire: and the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it , and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god. They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.
And none considereth in his heart, neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say, I have burned part of it in the fire; yea, also I have baked bread upon the coals thereof; I have roasted flesh, and eaten it: and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination? shall I fall down to the stock of a tree? He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?
Isaiah 44: 9‭-‬20

XXXIII. Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save. Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD ? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:20‭-‬22

XXXIV. Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast. They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.
Isaiah 46:1‭-‬2

XXXV. To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like? They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship. They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble. Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Isaiah 46:5‭-‬10

XXXVI. And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands.
Jeremiah 1:16

XXXVII. saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us. But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah.
Jeremiah 2:27‭-‬28

XXXVIII. Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O house of Israel, saith the LORD : it is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language thou knowest not, neither understandest what they say. Their quiver is as an open sepulchre, they are all mighty men. And they shall eat up thine harvest, and thy bread, which thy sons and thy daughters should eat: they shall eat up thy flocks and thine herds: they shall eat up thy vines and thy fig trees: they shall impoverish thy fenced cities, wherein thou trustedst, with the sword. Nevertheless in those days, saith the LORD , I will not make a full end with you. And it shall come to pass, when ye shall say, Wherefore doeth the LORD our God all these things unto us? then shalt thou answer them, Like as ye have forsaken me, and served strange gods in your land, so shall ye serve strangers in a land that is not yours.
Jeremiah 5:15‭-‬19

XXXIX. Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
Jeremiah 7:17‭-‬18

XL. Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?
Jeremiah 8:19

XLI. But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities. Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men. But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation. Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures. Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them. They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish. The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name.
Jeremiah 10:8‭-‬16

XLII. This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
Jeremiah 13:10

XLIII. And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt shew this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee, Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God? Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the LORD , and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law;
Jeremiah 16:10‭-‬11

XLIV. O LORD , my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods? Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD .
Jeremiah 16:19‭-‬21

XLV. and the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of the kings of Judah, shall be defiled as the place of Tophet, because of all the houses upon whose roofs they have burned incense unto all the host of heaven, and have poured out drink offerings unto other gods.
Jeremiah 19:13

XLVI. And many nations shall pass by this city, and they shall say every man to his neighbour, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this great city? Then they shall answer, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD their God, and worshipped other gods, and served them.
Jeremiah 22:8‭-‬9

XLVII. Set up the standard upon the walls of Babylon, make the watch strong, set up the watchmen, prepare the ambushes: for the LORD hath both devised and done that which he spake against the inhabitants of Babylon. O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness. The LORD of hosts hath sworn by himself, saying , Surely I will fill thee with men, as with caterpillers; and they shall lift up a shout against thee. He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding. When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures. Every man is brutish by his knowledge; every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them. They are vanity, the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish. The portion of Jacob is not like them; for he is the former of all things: and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: the LORD of hosts is his name.
Jeremiah 51:12‭-‬19

XLVIII. Wherefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD ; Surely, because thou hast defiled my sanctuary with all thy detestable things, and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish thee; neither shall mine eye spare, neither will I have any pity.
Ezekiel 5:11

XLIX. And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols. And I will lay the dead carcases of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will scatter your bones round about your altars. In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.
Ezekiel 6:4‭-‬6

L. Then shall ye know that I am the LORD , when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savour to all their idols.
Ezekiel 6:13

LI. Now is the end come upon thee, and I will send mine anger upon thee, and will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense upon thee all thine abominations. And mine eye shall not spare thee, neither will I have pity: but I will recompense thy ways upon thee, and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee: and ye shall know that I am the LORD .
Ezekiel 7:3‭-‬4

LII. And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will recompense thee according to thy ways and thine abominations that are in the midst of thee; and ye shall know that I am the LORD that smiteth.
Ezekiel 7:9

LIII. They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD : they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity. As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in majesty: but they made the images of their abominations and of their detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.
Ezekiel 7:19‭-‬20

LIV. So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about. And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.
Ezekiel 8:10‭-‬11

LV. Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD ; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: that they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD .
Ezekiel 11:17‭-‬21

LVI. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD ; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
Ezekiel 14:6

LVII. then said I unto them, Cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt; I am the LORD your God. But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.
Ezekiel 20:7‭-‬8

LVIII. Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them , flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands; because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols. Nevertheless mine eye spared them from destroying them, neither did I make an end of them in the wilderness. But I said unto their children in the wilderness, Walk ye not in the statutes of your fathers, neither observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols: I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;
Ezekiel 20:15‭-‬19

LIX. When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.
Hosea 11:1‭-‬2

LX. Thus saith the LORD ; For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have despised the law of the LORD , and have not kept his commandments, and their lies caused them to err, after the which their fathers have walked: but I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.
Amos 2:4‭-‬5

LXI. Therefore I will make Samaria as an heap of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard: and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will discover the foundations thereof. And all the graven images thereof shall be beaten to pieces, and all the hires thereof shall be burned with the fire, and all the idols thereof will I lay desolate: for she gathered it of the hire of an harlot, and they shall return to the hire of an harlot.
Micah 1:6‭-‬7

LXII. And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD , that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots: and I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strong holds: and I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers: thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands. And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee: so will I destroy thy cities. And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
Micah 5:10‭-‬15

LXIII. And the LORD hath given a commandment concerning thee, that no more of thy name be sown: out of the house of thy gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for thou art vile.
Nahum 1:14

LXIV. What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols? Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it. But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.
Habakkuk 2:18-20

LXV. I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD . I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD . I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests; and them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD , and that swear by Malcham; and them that are turned back from the LORD ; and those that have not sought the LORD , nor enquired for him.
Zephaniah 1:2‭-‬6

LXVI. The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles of the heathen.
Zephaniah 2:11

LXVII. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Romans 1:18‭-‬28

LXVIII. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9‭-‬10

LXIX. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and Lords many,) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
1 Corinthians 8:4‭-‬6

LXX. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
1 Corinthians 10:14

LXXI. And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
Revelation 9:20‭-‬21

LXXII. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21:8

LXXIII. Surely vaine are all men by nature, who are ignorant of God, and could not out of the good things that are seene, know him that is: neither by considering the workes, did they acknowledge the worke-master;
But deemed either fire, or wind, or the swift aire, or the circle of the stars, or the violent water, or the lights of heaven to be the gods which governe the world:
With whose beautie, if they being delighted, tooke them to be gods: let them know how much better the Lord of them is; for the first Author of beautie hath created them.
But if they were astonished at their power and vertue, let them understand by them, how much mightier he is that made them.
For by the greatnesse and beautie of the creatures, proportionably the Maker of them is seene.
Wisdom of Solomon 13:1-5

LXXIV. But miserable are they, and in dead things is their hope, who called them gods which are the workes of mens hands, golde and silver, to shewe arte in, and resemblances of beasts, or a stone good for nothing, the worke of an ancient hand.
Now a carpenter that felleth timber, after hee hath sawen downe a tree meet for the purpose, and taken off all the barke skilfully round about, and hath wrought it handsomely, & made a vessell thereof fit for the service of mans life:
And after spending the refuse of his worke to dresse his meat, hath filled himselfe:
And taking the very refuse among those which served to no use (being a crooked piece of wood, and ful of knots) hath carved it diligently when hee had nothing else to doe, and formed it by the skill of his understanding, and fashioned it to the image of a man:
Or made it like some vile beast, laying it over with vermilion, and with paint, colouring it red, and covering every spot therein:
And when he had made a convenient roume for it, set it in a wall, and made it fast with yron:
For he provided for it, that it might not fall: knowing that it was unable to helpe it selfe, (for it is an image and hath neede of helpe:)
Then maketh hee prayer for his goods, for his wife and children, and is not ashamed to speake to that which hath no life.
For health, hee calleth upon that which is weake: for life, prayeth to that which is dead: for aide, humbly beseecheth that which hath least meanes to helpe: and for a good iourney, hee asketh of that which cannot set a foot forward:
And for gaining and getting, and for good successe of his hands, asketh abilitie to doe, of him that is most unable to doe any thing.
Wisdom of Solomon 13:10-18

LXXV. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
1 John 5:21

For those who are still unclear, the Bible also shows us how to worship the Lord our God, we should follow the example of the Savior. Our Lord Jesus Christ gives us clues about this. I found 10 examples, but I know there are more, they are obvious anyway.

I. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:6

II. And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
Mark 1:35

III. And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.
Mark 6:41

IV. And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.
Mark 6:46

V. Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luke 3:21‭-‬22

VI. And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.
Luke 5:16

VII. And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
Luke 6:12

VIII. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:21‭-‬24

IX. Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it , that they may believe that thou hast sent me. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
John 11:41‭-‬44

X. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: as thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
John 17:1‭-‬2

We see how the Savior often raised his eyes to heaven. He worshiped in spirit and in truth, and so He taught us to do it. Just don't think that the Savior walked with icons and statues after Him and when He needed to pray He took them out...

Here I will present to you other examples that teach us who we should worship and serve.

I. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; and saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
Matthew 4:8‭-‬11

II. And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luke 4:5‭-‬8

III. And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Revelation 14:6‭-‬7

IV. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Revelation 19:10

V. And I John saw these things, and heard them . And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
Revelation 22:8‭-‬9

My dear brothers and sisters, please pray to God to guide you through the Holy Spirit so that you can discern right from wrong, truth from lies. What I wrote, I wrote from the Bible, not from myself, please research, don't be deceived by the devil. Everything revolves around worship and service. God wants us to serve and worship Him, and rightly so, for He made us, He sustains us, He is the only one who truly loves us and wants our good. At the same time, the enemy wants the same thing and to get worship he uses his devices, of lying, falsehood, deception.

There are tens of millions of people who think they are worshiping God through icon worship and other such practices, but in reality they are committing idolatry. If you believe the Bible you will see that God gives very clear, thorough, detailed instructions regarding worship.
I presented only a part above.

I believe that some of these people who worship images and icons are very sincere people, they are sincere and faithful people, people whom God loves, but who need to face the truth of the Scriptures in order to escape idolatry, from this race... I believe that some minds will open, even if at first you will feel a little hurt, targeted, please receive this theme, this message from God, do not even receive the words that I write, even though they are just to make some connections, for I trust in your desire to search and want to know the truth, and I trust in the power of our God Who works miracles without ceasing and works perfectly beautifully in our lives, in all of us.

May the grace of Jesus Christ be with you!

Blossom

Forum Supporter