Nicotine effect on melatonin

Brandin

I have noticed worse sleep ever since I started incorporating Nicotine but I don't want to stop it cause otherwise, I feel great.

Does anybody know why this happened. I get calmer but my brain also seems to somewhat race. I don't feel even close to as tired. Is it possible that it suppresses melatonin?

cupofcoffee

Maybe it's causing a stress reaction, have you tried consuming It with some sugar? Nicotine is a strong metabolic stimulant

OP
Brandin

Brandin

Maybe it's causing a stress reaction, have you tried consuming It with some sugar? Nicotine is a strong metabolic stimulant
Oh actually I always take sugar before and I always get calm by it.

I did sleep great tonight (just woke up) so perhaps it was a coincidence that my sleep went worse before... I will take nicotine late the coming night to see if I will still be able to fall asleep.

ddjd

I have noticed worse sleep ever since I started incorporating Nicotine but I don't want to stop it cause otherwise, I feel great.

Does anybody know why this happened. I get calmer but my brain also seems to somewhat race. I don't feel even close to as tired. Is it possible that it suppresses melatonin?
nicotine is hugely dopaminergic. i think its a great health tool but dopamine can can cause insomnia and i think the dopamine can convert to adrenaline which would worsen your sleep issues of course

OP
Brandin

Brandin

nicotine is hugely dopaminergic. i think its a great health tool but dopamine can can cause insomnia and i think the dopamine can convert to adrenaline which would worsen your sleep issues of course
But I have adhd, my dopamine and gaba receptors are very inflamed. I would assume it just brings me to more normal levels? I have been lowering inflammation like a mf tho so perhaps its working and my adrenaline is raised... Will see how I sleep tonight...

Nomane Euger

But I have adhd, my dopamine and gaba receptors are very inflamed. I would assume it just brings me to more normal levels? I have been lowering inflammation like a mf tho so perhaps its working and my adrenaline is raised... Will see how I sleep tonight...
did you experience any sleep paralysis per exemple?

OP
Brandin

Brandin

I have since posting this thread started sleeping better again. I just eat alot of sugar before the nico and it seems to dampen the adrenaline.

Nomane Euger

i r
Not really
okay,i have seen that nicotine can act on acetylcholine receptors,and that if you baseline lvl on acetylcholine is already adequate,it can make you agitated

cupofcoffee

@Brandin taking the opportunity to ask you something, do you notice any androgenic effects from nicotine? i'm really considering it for the DHT boosting/estrogen lowering properties

Validus

it upregulates receptors for dopamine synthesis, search for it on reddit, its really good.
I've always read that it increases the enzyme responsible for the synthesis of dopamine, not increase dopamine receptor density.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals