the mind racing at night

pyttsan

I've tried sleeping surrounded by a bunch of incascendents but it just made me more awake. Are you guys sleeping blindfolded??

burtlancast

Did you try niacinamide ?

A lot of people here got cured of their life long insomnias with it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mamaherrera said:
and here i am wide awake. will I sleep tonight, that is the questionz1
I do turn mine off right before falling asleep.

OP
M

mamaherrera

I would try niacinamide, but I'm scared since many say they lost hair when taking niacinamide, but I heard something about taking it with sugar/carbs.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
mamaherrera said:
I would try niacinamide, but I'm scared since many say they lost hair when taking niacinamide, but I heard something about taking it with sugar/carbs.
Something to keep in mind that someone else just pointed out recently. Just because hair is falling out does not mean its a bad thing. My hair falls out when my metabolism adjusts abruptly either up, or down. Some kind of huge hormonal change causes this, some has said its prolactin. If your metabolism is adjusting up, dumping hair for whatever reason it needs to. Then it can be accepted as a good thing.

OP
M

mamaherrera

well I guess. . . as long as it comes back. When your thyroid does adjust up/ faster, does that cause a prolactin surge as well, is it stress on the body??

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
mamaherrera said:
well I guess. . . as long as it comes back. When your thyroid does adjust up/ faster, does that cause a prolactin surge as well, is it stress on the body??
Haven't heard of one bald Peatarian(meaning they went Peatarian and became bald) yet. If you find one, well, then thats one. :D

OP
M

mamaherrera

one question though, would you take the niacinamide before bed, and how much??? Or do you take it in the day? And, the benefit of niacinamide is that it helps release free fatty acids, is that correct?

Mittir

I think it is a good idea to start with 50 mg in the morning with breakfast
and then after a week add another 50 mg in the evening. It does not take long to
see the benefits. It's main job is to lower Free Fatty Acids but it does have wide
range of other health benefits.You have to make sure you that you are getting
extra sugar to compensate for lowered FFA, which would have been used as energy.

burtlancast

mamaherrera said:

Whatever hair loss is experienced is a small price to pay, compared to the benefits of managing to fall asleep when it's required.

And as with any hydrophilic substance, it's better to take frequent small doses as opposed to big single ones.

OP
M

mamaherrera

But one thing is hair loss (shedding), but I don't want to have hair loss (permanent) stuff just from taking a pill. I'd rather try other things to sleep. But with the niacinamide, how much carbs should you take with this to help avoid hair loss from this. And have you (others, reading this I mean) experienced hair loss from it?

Mittir

I have not experienced any kind of hair loss. I have noticed improvement
in hair quality when i started regular beef liver. Probably all the vitamins
and mineral in liver, particularly high copper must have some positive
contribution. I am curious where did you find people losing hair after
using Niacinamide. One possible explanation is that they increased
their metabolism by lowering free fatty acids and they did not supply
enough nutrient to support that metabolism.
If you take Niacinamide with meal and you do not feel any low sugar
symptoms within next few hours tthat means things are fine.

OP
M

mamaherrera

so just take it with a meal??? Doesn't mean any certain quantity of carbs, just with a meal, huh?? Ok now to find it in low amounds, I have some but in 250mg. Where did I find that? ON this site: people were saying they were losing their hair with the niacinamide, on this site!! If i try it, it'll be with a meal!!

loess

mamaherrera said:
Ok now to find it in low amounds, I have some but in 250mg.

I get my niacinamide powder from PureBulk.com. 1/32 teaspoon is about 115mg so just half that and you've roughly got your 50 mg.

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
so just take it with a meal??? Doesn't mean any certain quantity of carbs, just with a meal, huh?? Ok now to find it in low amounds, I have some but in 250mg. Where did I find that? ON this site: people were saying they were losing their hair with the niacinamide, on this site!! If i try it, it'll be with a meal!!

Remember that those are anecdotes, you don't know what else they were doing. When I was taking a vitamin A that produced bad reactions I was blaming the symptoms on everything on earth except that supplement, until I figured it out.

OP
M

mamaherrera

That's true, but I also bought vitamin A now too. Should I not start the two at the same time, is it best to introduce one thing at a time to know what is helping?

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
That's true, but I also bought vitamin A now too. Should I not start the two at the same time, is it best to introduce one thing at a time to know what is helping?

Many do that.

Mittir

In a standard meal you are supposed to have mix of carb,protein and fat.
Since niancinamide can increase sugar use ,your main focus is to
get enough carbohydrate. There is not any fixed amount of carbohydrate for everyone.
You have to go by the low sugar symptoms. If you are feeling bad after taking niacinamide
increase carb and try again. You need to check if your niacinamide tablet or capsule
has any bad excipients. You can break the tablet into 5 pieces to get 50 mg piece.
You can dissolve 250 mg tab in 5 tbs of water, then 1 tbs of that solution
will give you 50 mg. This way you can remove some of the water insoluble
excipients. Best is to get excipient free supplements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals