Thoughts On Nootropics?

You mean because it reduces nitric oxide?

Caffeine reduced CBF by an average of 27% across both caffeine states. The Effect of Daily Caffeine Use on Cerebral Blood Flow: How Much Caffeine Can We Tolerate?

A mean dose of 250 mg of caffeine produced approximately a 30% decrease in whole brain CBF; regional differences in caffeine effect were not observed. Caffeine decreased PaCO 2 and increased systolic blood pressure significantly; the change in PaCO 2 did not account for the change in CBF. https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/28939/0000776.pdf?sequence=1

Kasper

Caffeine reduced CBF by an average of 27% across both caffeine states. The Effect of Daily Caffeine Use on Cerebral Blood Flow: How Much Caffeine Can We Tolerate?

A mean dose of 250 mg of caffeine produced approximately a 30% decrease in whole brain CBF; regional differences in caffeine effect were not observed. Caffeine decreased PaCO 2 and increased systolic blood pressure significantly; the change in PaCO 2 did not account for the change in CBF. https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/28939/0000776.pdf?sequence=1

Huuum, I take 1000mg+ caffeine daily... Not a good thing?

Huuum, I take 1000mg+ caffeine daily... Not a good thing?

I dunno because it always shows good effects on the brain regardless of this. But then again Ray Peat also talked well about adenosine. But then again he also bashed adenosine. But then again he also claimed some good effects of caffeine are because of its similarity to adenosine (not 100% on this one lol).

Waynish

Just took half of the lowest dose available of modafinil... Wow, strong stuff. Cheers to productive days.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I have an insane amount of experience with Nootropics. I have tried at least 100 different types. I have always been passionate about Nootropics and anything to enhance brain function. Big fan.
Nothing is quite better than Uridine Monophosphate in my opinion. That changed my brain, almost permanently.

smith

Everything is a Nootropic with MAO inhibition :ss2
Nothing is quite better than Uridine Monophosphate in my opinion. That changed my brain, almost permanently.
Um, how exactly, would you say?

Waynish

I have an insane amount of experience with Nootropics. I have tried at least 100 different types. I have always been passionate about Nootropics and anything to enhance brain function. Big fan.

Willing to go into more detail? What do you think about this community's and Peat's skepticism of nootropics in general? If the metabolism is working optimally, then what are nootropics doing to increase functionality without detriment? I've enjoyed the nootropics I've tried. With Modafinil, for example, I can feel its stimulating properties - I've met someone who has been to the hospital from a reaction to it (though I guess that isn't evidence of universality of its harm).

Mauritio

Does somebody now what it means that I dont respond to all sorts of dopamin agonists anymore.
For example i used to have super good productive days on modafinil , but now all it does is give me intense flushing , sweating and blood shot eyes.
Same goes for tianeptine .
I have the feeling its liver related since I look and feel the same when i take stuff that really taxes my liver ...

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Everything is a Nootropic with MAO inhibition :ss2

Um, how exactly, would you say?

It made me permanently more motivated and task oriented. I was able to work very efficiently on assignments and noticed outstanding verbal fluency.
It just seemed to help me with "connecting the dots".

But the trick is to keep the dosage LOW. I mean, less than 150mg per day, and no other choline sources.

Momado965

Has anyone tried oxiracetam and is it peaty from a bio energetic point of view? The effects from it seem very jing and very masculine in a way or so I’ve understood from what I read. Does anyone know if oxiracetam and piracetam are serotonin agonists or antagonists?

Also @Lokzo how’s going man? How long did you take uridine before you stopped completely and did the benefits wane or are they trully permanent?

Last edited:

revenant

Many health food stores are now selling melatonin, to induce sleep and “prevent cancer.” They have taken some information out of context, and don’t realize how dangerous melatonin is. It makes the brain sluggish, causes the sex organs to shrink, and damages immunity by shrinking the thymus gland. It is the hormone of darkness and winter, and is produced in the pineal gland by any stress which increases adrenalin. Adequate sun light suppresses the formation of melatonin.

Any more info on this?

I thought melatonin was good. Seems to extend the lifespan in rodents.

milkboi

Any more info on this?

I thought melatonin was good. Seems to extend the lifespan in rodents.

You need a certain amount for deep sleep. But as I understand it, it decreases the metabolic rate and can put you in a state comparable to hibernation, therefore acts against „our“ goal to increase the metabolic rate. It is „good“ when you consider a slow metabolic rate the way to go to get healthy and increase your lifespan.

Kram

It made me permanently more motivated and task oriented. I was able to work very efficiently on assignments and noticed outstanding verbal fluency.
It just seemed to help me with "connecting the dots".

But the trick is to keep the dosage LOW. I mean, less than 150mg per day, and no other choline sources.
Why do you suggest low dosage (my bottle suggests 600mg) and how long did you use it for? Also, any ideas if this is safe with caffeine? Thank you.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Why do you suggest low dosage (my bottle suggests 600mg) and how long did you use it for? Also, any ideas if this is safe with caffeine? Thank you.

Because higher doses have a sleep inducing effect.

Lower doses are more stimulating.

It really shines after a week or two of use. I also feel like many of the benefits remain after supplementation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals