Lesson Learned: Dropping All Supplements Is Peat Approved

Sam321

yea but how often is the average person eating neck? seems like things such as fish head soup or chicken neck would be delicacies, not daily staples, so at most they would be getting like 1/2 grain of thyroid per week, unless i'm underestimating how much they ate foods like that
High thyroid supplementation isn't necessary when you've never known chronic modern oxidative stress.

I think people really underestimate how much stress post industrial/post tribal society puts on the humans. We would need little or no help in the metabolic department if we lived in analog tribal environments living in line with the natural law of a place.

gaze

High thyroid supplementation isn't necessary when you've never known chronic modern oxidative stress.

I think people really underestimate how much stress post industrial/post tribal society puts on the humans; we would need little or no help in the metabolic department if we lived in analog tribal environments living in line with the natural law of a place.
good point. just being breast fed by a healthy mom is enough for many people for a lifetime of good health. but combine formula fed with all the toxins in the environment, pufa, iron, additives, radiation from x rays, vaccines, smog, emf, lack of gelatin, birth control pills for women, no ripe fruits, undercooked starches and yeasted breads, it almost certainly needs some intervention

GelatinGoblin

good point. just being breast fed by a healthy mom is enough for many people for a lifetime of good health. but combine formula fed with all the toxins in the environment, pufa, iron, additives, radiation from x rays, vaccines, smog, emf, lack of gelatin, birth control pills for women, no ripe fruits, undercooked starches and yeasted breads, it almost certainly needs some intervention
*Being born to a young mother with good Thyroid function, good Testosterone levels. That's enough...

Sam321

That'll do it lol

Amazoniac

is thyroid supplementation included in that or do you think that shouldn't be messed with by ordinary people
I used to be more aversive to it for thinking that maladaptive cases are rare, but not so much anymore. The reason for changing my opinion is because staying in a poor condition can leave marks, so it can be argued that all tools that get you out of it as soon as possible are valid. I would be wary that it's possibly a measure that goes against the body's attempt to conserve resources, it should require ample support. If it's afforded, I would first endure the turbulent period of making sure that the basics are covered before resorting to it and increasing complexity.

Traditional diets had thyroid in brains and thyroid gland thrown in soup.
But once it takes the shape of a supplement, it's no longer consumed in the traditional way. For example, it's different to have turmeric as an ingredient of a meal and have it standardized in capsules where theory is a factor that determines how it's going to be taken.

Collden

I used to be more aversive to it for thinking that maladaptive cases are rare, but not so much anymore. The reason for changing my opinion is because staying in a poor condition can leave marks, so it can be argued that all tools that get you out of it as soon as possible are valid. I would be wary that it's possibly a measure that goes against the body's attempt to conserve resources, it should require ample support. If it's afforded, I would first endure the turbulent period of making sure that the basics are covered before resorting to it and increasing complexity.
How many people do you know who actually managed to reverse hypothyroidism or get any other lasting health improvement with thyroid supplements? It seems on this forum at least the success rate is extremely low.

Amazoniac

How many people do you know who actually managed to reverse hypothyroidism or get any other lasting health improvement with thyroid supplements? It seems on this forum at least the success rate is extremely low.
Indeed, but it does provide relief and improves many people that know how to use them. If the condition (when there's no thyroid dysfunction) was referred to as hypometabolism, it wouldn't lead people to expect it to be a magic pill.

Sam321

But once it takes the shape of a supplement, it's no longer consumed in the traditional way. For example, it's different to have turmeric as an ingredient of a meal and have it standardized in capsules where theory is a factor that determines how it's going to be taken.
Its not ideal, but as long as its bio identical its a useful tool.

Taking no supplements sounds great, but what when you can't function comfortably on a daily basis without them?

I need red light, because my thyroid doesn't want to produce enough hormones on its own.
I need creatine and P5P, because I don't have enough dopamine to want to do anything otherwise.
I need Vitamin D, because I'm a programmer who never sees the sun during peak hours.
I need HCG, because my PFS would've never gone away on its own.

When I was 18 and healthy, I didn't need any of this ***t, and I felt better than I do now.

The better your condition, the less supplements you need, and most of them don't really fix anything, just band-aid. Thyroid pills are a prime example of this (as is TRT, and most other hormonal supplementation).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals