What vitamins/supplements can you actually “feel”?

Phaedrus

Certain supplements for me have an immediate or near immediate effect I can physically feel working in minutes or hours. For example:
- thyroid (t3)
- progesterone
- caffeine (stating the obvious)
- aspirin
- antihistamines (Benadryl, Cypro)
- DHEA
- pregnenalone, but only at a high enough dose for me
- thiamine

Now, examples of supplements I’ll admit I don’t feel any immediate discernible signs, good or bad, after taking it:
- vitamin k2
- vitamin e
- niacinamide
- vitamin a
- vitamin D

Is that a sign that maybe the substances that don’t give me that immediate bounce (or relaxation like progesterone or cypro) are substances in which I am not deficient, and so ingesting a surplus isn’t sending my body the same positive signals? Or could it instead mean that, for example, my vitamin e and K2 brands are simply not high enough quality?

Curious if other have the same experience with these supplements or whether anybody has the inverse experience with the ones I mentioned (or examples of others where you don’t feel any effects).

P

pineywoodrooter

I notice a calm energy from the aspirin/coffee/sugar combo. Not a supplement, but lightly salted orange juice seems to be the most potent anti-adrenaline combo for me.

Experience initial responses from the adaptogens (tongkat, theanine, etc.). The effects quickly dissipate after a few doses though and then nothing.

I've never had positive results from supplementing any of the hormones toted around here (pregnenolone, progesterone, etc). A lot of these seem femininizing.

I am going to try a dose of Cypro just to see. Everyone seems to mention the anti-stress effects of it. We'll see. To me it seems it could actually worsen digestion because it lowers histamine. Seems like it could also lower T and dopamine eventually. Going to try a dose or two regardless.

youngsinatra

Oops.
Forgot copper bisglycinate. (I definitely felt it, when I had copper deficiency!)

But in general it seem to me that minerals and vitamins loose their „powerful effects“ once you are repleted.

OP
Phaedrus

Phaedrus

I notice a calm energy from the aspirin/coffee/sugar combo. Not a supplement, but lightly salted orange juice seems to be the most potent anti-adrenaline combo for me.

Experience initial responses from the adaptogens (tongkat, theanine, etc.). The effects quickly dissipate after a few doses though and then nothing.

I've never had positive results from supplementing any of the hormones toted around here (pregnenolone, progesterone, etc). A lot of these seem femininizing.

I am going to try a dose of Cypro just to see. Everyone seems to mention the anti-stress effects of it. We'll see. To me it seems it could actually worsen digestion because it lowers histamine. Seems like it could also lower T and dopamine eventually. Going to try a dose or two regardless.
Cypro definitely has an anti-stress effect on me, just a 1/2 mg dose does the trick. Never tried more than 2mg at once though some people swear by it for dealing with high serotonin. Never had any digestive issues while taking it - I’m not even sure I notice the increase in appetite it’s supposed to cause. Relaxing as it feels though, I will mention that I if I take it later than 8 or 9pm, although it helps me sleep soundly I will feel slightly groggy the next morning. I only try to take it occasionally, when sick or highly stressed in some way.

abady

I have had a bad experiences with synthetic vits in my life so i avoide anything synthetic it makes me tired and have low energy and sick.
so i have every day:
natural vit E source 25 grams of sunflower seeds (yes it has pufas idc) but the synthetic vit e supplements i tried wont make any difference for me but when i eat sunflowers seeds i feel calm and collected in the morning.
nutritional yeast(has tons of natural b vits and lots of minerals like zinc and selenium ) and a vit D supplements(cod liver oil) are great aswell.