Fooling The Body

Nicholas

Disclaimer: i'm asking this question purely in the context of individuals dealing with only metabolic dysfunction (as perceived through temp./pulse/feels).

How is taking supplements like aspirin, niacinamide, thyroid, methylene blue, antibiotics, cypro, etc. not any different from the mindless taking of prescription medications that you would get from your doctor? just because we have read Peat articles or scoured the literature on them doesn't mean that we are being mindful in taking them. of course everyone is free to "experiment" - that's not the question. But can any of us really see what is going on with our bodies at the cellular level? Can we really read all the intricacies of how our systems are interacting on a daily basis? even temp. and pulse is not always a clear indicator of what's going on in the body. You would think that some believe they do when they take supplements designed to manipulate cell function. How is this wise or even safe? what if your body doesn't want to do what your supplements or medication want it to do? this is like saying, "no, i don't trust my own body." What if you are one grain of thyroid away from something going wrong that hasn't been covered in the literature yet? why would someone take cypro (which seems to be pushed a lot lately) when it makes you gain weight? wouldn't you rather gain weight from your own body telling itself that you are hungry rather than manipulating your body to get somewhere artificially? Doesn't it make more sense to operate in the realm which we can actually feel, taste, and see with more clarity? like food. food has its own set of problems, too, and room for perception-error - but it offers a gateway into creating a canvas of the body. Understanding physiology is one thing, but trying to manipulate physiology in such an exacting fashion doesn't make sense to me. it makes more sense to me to work with your physiology in more broad strokes. To take an exacting fashion towards healing the body is more dysfunction-focused. should food be thy medicine? i will admit when i have discovered supplements in the past that seemed promising, there was an initial excitement - but if i dissected that excitement, it was really just excitement of impatience and "control". is there no value to what is accomplished through clear perception and through true experimentation over a period of time? what if none of the supplementers are fooling their bodies?

A

Anonymous

:roll:

Some people dig themselves into such a deep hole, they absolutely need supplements/medications to pull them out of their low metabolic state.

To put it bluntly, without some of these tools natural selection would run its course. Sometimes the body doesn't know what is best for it because it has never experienced true health. When I spent years properly implementing the right dietary principles and saw little improvement, I knew I needed to find a medication or supplement to move things in the right direction. Medication has been a godsend for me. I was once part of the anti-med camp but I realized they can do amazing things when used properly.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

i empathize with your struggle and believe that medication has been a godsend for you....but i think that, regardless of what steps are taken, the thoughts have to be accurate for those steps to be accurate....and saying that the body doesn't know what's best for it just doesn't align with what i see as the truth. are medications/supplements going to *teach* a cell how to operate or are they going to simply (potentially) remove a burden which was restricting them from operating correctly? if you are simply talking about removing a burden, that is different from a cell literally not knowing how to be a cell. being anti-meds doesn't acknowledge the case by case basis of everyone. this is not so much anti-meds as it is questioning beliefs about the body.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

: ) why the sudden attacking? i'd be happy to know how what i have written does not make sense, but i understand if you'd rather not.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

you bring up a good point and one which i have been contemplating.... i have far better things to do than preach to people who do not visit these forums or people who cannot receive what i have to say.....that is just foolishness. i don't know why i keep holding out. i know there are many who understand what i am talking about but just do not comment often. it's a bit "higher" than the traditional peatarian landscape....and i don't say that arrogantly, just matter of factly. i've considered myself a kind of peat activist for a little under a year now when i discovered more deeply Peat's perspective - which seems so visibly absent from the forums from the most frequent posters and commenters (even though i know that it's still here).....i like challenging the status quo in a friendly manner only in the effort of helping others and helping myself and sharpening my own perception and "working it out" - but you really are right (even though you didn't mean it this way) in that i shouldn't waste any more time here. everyone has their own journey.

JRMoney15 said:
Lol Nicholas you truly are a weirdo. I answered your question but I really have no clue what you are talking about. None of your posts make any sense. I'd love to know what your social life looks like if it even exists. Thank god for the ignore button.

Sheesh

Y

ypgogibk

I agree

what I think is you need the
omega 3 enriched salmon
take the special multi vitamin too with added iron so you don't become anemic
also consider a raw kale/broccoli/raw spinach smoothie for your greens
also consider a whey protein shake so you get enough protein
take walnut oil, flax oil and omega 3 oil for essential fatty acids
take cod liver oil for your joints and to keep you flexible, because your joints are made out of cod liver oil
eat raw nuts/seeds/and grains for energy
avoid toxic fruit which contains toxic sugar compounds, toxic sugar molecules and toxic sugar particles,
also eat raw cocoa beans, raw coffee beans and raw spirulina because raw is better
also eat raw seed powders

it's health food folks

Peata

Nicholas, sorry you were attacked here. Anyway, it may be that using medication/supplements help the body get out from under the stress response that's been going on for so long - ex) lowering serotonin or estrogen enough that it can regain a sense of health and balance and then correct more problems too. But I wonder if there are so many assaults on the body in this age that it can retain the improvement continuously without needing the meds again in the future. Or they should be taken on a longterm basis, just maybe at lower doses...

ypgogibk said:
I agree

what I think is you need the
omega 3 enriched salmon
take the special multi vitamin too with added iron so you don't become anemic
also consider a raw kale/broccoli/raw spinach smoothie for your greens
also consider a whey protein shake so you get enough protein
take walnut oil, flax oil and omega 3 oil for essential fatty acids
take cod liver oil for your joints and to keep you flexible, because your joints are made out of cod liver oil
eat raw nuts/seeds/and grains for energy
avoid toxic fruit which contains toxic sugar compounds, toxic sugar molecules and toxic sugar particles,
also eat raw cocoa beans, raw coffee beans and raw spirulina because raw is better
also eat raw seed powders

it's health food folks

Yes, I diagnose a slight serotonin deficiency with primarily inattentive ADD and a sprinkle of MTHFR mutation on the top.

Brian

I think you bring up a very valid concern Nicholas. One that definitely deserves it's own thread.

I think it's important that people realize the priority of health markers to improve and not use the wrong tool or one that would be over the top.

If possible I think it's better that people start with the free non-food or drug tools to lower stress hormones and go from there. Things like getting lots of morning and evening sun, standing and walking most of the day, keeping the body temperature up (through warm clothes if necessary) and regular meals free of excessive PUFA and industrial additives.

Then some kind of endotoxin reducing method is high up on the list of things to try. I've had good results just eating a carrot a day spaced away from a meal. I definitely notice clear signs of serotonin and estrogen lowering.

Next I would place fat solubles as the next thing to address. If through food then liver, sunlight, and some green vegetables for K1 might be very effective. Or finding high quality supplements of each to dose at balanced therapeutic levels isn't controversial and well accepted by the mainstream.

I have encouraged some friends and family members to try the above and they have had good results with these simple tweaks and not eating any specific kind of diet. But it is clear that some have been running on stress hormones for a very long time and they need something more, but I like you am reluctant to start recommending something more aggressive when they don't understand how to carefully self-experiment with them.

Personally, I've had good results pounding carbs all day long (both from starch and fruit), which clearly lowers cortisol very well in me and helped restore my thyroid function, but it also clearly isn't the best non-drug tool for everybody. This is where it takes a deeper understanding of your personal symptoms and some willingness to experiment.

The main thing I hope people understand is that the simple tweaks above are worth trying for a few months before considering something more complex and that if one does decide to try out additional drugs and supplements that they should pay attention to if they are consistently doing the basics.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

this will be my last effort to share. eating carrot salads or pounding carbs or soaking in epsom baths is not doing anything longterm for your health. if one is using carrot salads to heal their serotonin problem they are going about it the wrong way. if you are barefooting or taking pregnenolone to heal a cortisol issue then you are going about it the wrong way. feel free to do all these things, but don't fool yourself that you are getting to the root of the issue. have we all forgotten the ROOT of the problem? ...the very foundational ideas of Peat himself in addressing lack of perception and faulty metabolisms? faulty energy production? have we all read Peat and not absorbed anything at all? this is depressing. when i say that food is a medicine, i am not saying that putting coconut oil in your coffee or taking glycine or eating carrot salads is how we use food as a healer. neither is Peat. none of these things heal an energy production problem. what heals energy production problems (at least this is the philosophy and where the science points) is meeting the demands of your body progressively. creating a nutritional and lifestyle environment where cells are not excited but stable and free to do all the healing themselves. that simple. knowing this doesn't solve all your problems, but it's the only valid place to start.

Nicholas said:
this will be my last effort to share. eating carrot salads or pounding carbs or soaking in epsom baths is not doing anything longterm for your health. if one is using carrot salads to heal their serotonin problem they are going about it the wrong way. if you are barefooting or taking pregnenolone to heal a cortisol issue then you are going about it the wrong way. feel free to do all these things, but don't fool yourself that you are getting to the root of the issue. have we all forgotten the ROOT of the problem? ...the very foundational ideas of Peat himself in addressing lack of perception and faulty metabolisms? faulty energy production? have we all read Peat and not absorbed anything at all? this is depressing. when i say that food is a medicine, i am not saying that putting coconut oil in your coffee or taking glycine or eating carrot salads is how we use food as a healer. neither is Peat. none of these things heal an energy production problem. what heals energy production problems (at least this is the philosophy and where the science points) is meeting the demands of your body progressively. creating a nutritional and lifestyle environment where cells are not excited but stable and free to do all the healing themselves. that simple. knowing this doesn't solve all your problems, but it's the only valid place to start.

Yeah uhh... so have you seen the part about electron acceptors and Gilbert Ling? About nonlocal fields, downward spirals, about the effect of mind on body?

Brian

Nicholas said:

I feel like eating carrots (I don't do the salad often) and pounding carbs did address some of my root issues very well. My digestive tract appreciated the help of the carrot fibers and my cells really appreciated the reliable incoming energy without any other competing fuels. Supplementing fat solubles got rid of my deficiencies. I don't pound carbs anymore. I eat mixed macro now. I see carb pounding as a potential temporary cortisol lowering tool that may or may not be effective in some people, but it was for me.

But I would say overall the best things I have done for my health is staying warm, getting lots of morning/evening sun, and standing/walking most of the day. This is something most people can benefit a lot from regardless of what their diet is and probably is near the root of what is keeping their stress hormones high.

Peata

Nicholas said:

I know for me, eating to increase metabolic rate has done more good than any supplement, and I've only very recently clicked with how to do this for some reason.

pboy

yea man that's what I hint at but people don't want to accept it, especially the people expecting a medicine or supplement or one little thing to like heal their life

The root, is a social problem, the entire way...the human species operates on the planet. Not just capitalism or government and all that, family structure, theres a loooooooot to talk about. But basically our bodies minds and spirit are in a constant threat, even with a perfect diet, because of this. The things we can control like diet at least...mitigate a lot of the problems, but still

that's why im always talking about higher things, ive gone the whole gambit. My life has been incredibly intense and an enlightemning trip these past few years and all the stuff ive done has proven to me many things. Trust me, my diet is perfect. Is my life? no. Im never sick, im never unaware of whats going on, never confused, I have no questions, ive gone down the rabbit hole and done tangible experimenting like probably no one has before. The problems I have now are not mine, but the other peoples...but im living in it. Really think about it, curse of Cassandra style

And assuming we need laws or a different set up for government or something, is futile. People have to actually just become highly intelligent and self aware, and then we would barely even need to talk. No locks, no contracts, no fences, no having to use currency and bank accounts. When people really realize how their own works, they'd naturally get the bigger picture

At this point im just trying to figure out if there is or isn't a h igher power and if its abandoned me or not, its like this...ive mastered my self, and am having fun with life, but many times, during each day, theres
highly offensive ***t that I have to witness and experience because of the situation around me and in the world, and to meet my needs I have to stay amongst it. I try to speak to others, or be a leader, and people get jealous, don't believe it, butt hurt, or in some way don't respond...or even take step 1 to actually KNOW anything.

You definately cant fool the body, and if you dig deep into all aspects...listen, be honest with yourself, run a series of 'ifs' in your mind to really figure out what the nag is, in any given situation, you'll realize a lot of the problems are actually not within your physica body but the...nature of human life as a whole, and basically the fact that there isn't much love at all, real love, and its questionable if a higher power actually has your back or not. That's the root of the problem. Forget the higher power, why not just...everyone make things as easy on each other as possible? Don't be a douche, don't lie, don't cheat, realize all of us to an extent are somewhat of victims of the times and place...don't pollute, don't be annoying, ect. Living like that makes you feel a million times better, but if everyone else isn't, its still a problem on a non stop back of the mind basis

like a huge part of why people talk on this forum and similar other group communication ideas and things is because its a sense of connection and caring about each other...really

sm1693

pboy said:
You definately cant fool the body, and if you dig deep into all aspects...listen, be honest with yourself, run a series of 'ifs' in your mind to really figure out what the nag is, in any given situation, you'll realize a lot of the problems are actually not within your physica body but the...nature of human life as a whole, and basically the fact that there isn't much love at all, real love, and its questionable if a higher power actually has your back or not. That's the root of the problem. Forget the higher power, why not just...everyone make things as easy on each other as possible? Don't be a douche, don't lie, don't cheat, realize all of us to an extent are somewhat of victims of the times and place...don't pollute, don't be annoying, ect. Living like that makes you feel a million times better, but if everyone else isn't, its still a problem on a non stop back of the mind basis

like a huge part of why people talk on this forum and similar other group communication ideas and things is because its a sense of connection and caring about each other...really

Glad you came back. I might feel alone here if not for the extreme skeptics like you and S_S...

Wilfrid

sm1693 said:
pboy said:

Glad you came back. I might feel alone here if not for the extreme skeptics like you and S_S...

:yeahthat

gretchen

Such_Saturation said:
Nicholas said:

Yeah uhh... so have you seen the part about electron acceptors and Gilbert Ling? About nonlocal fields, downward spirals, about the effect of mind on body?

I would like to read that. Where are his books? Scribd? No, I haven't read that.

I have read he says red light is the critical factor in physical detioration. The sun is the key to lowering cortisol, normalizing serotonin, fixing digestion, etc. It's where we get our energy, not food.

We do actually need the energy from the Earth (magnetism), so no, it's not wrong to barefoot. The environment is the valid place to start, and that does encompass lifestyle factors, and gets in to all the economic, social and political stuff already mentioned.

gretchen said:
Such_Saturation said:
Nicholas said:

I would like to read that. Where are his books? Scribd? No, I haven't read that.

I have read he says red light is the critical factor in physical detioration. The sun is the key to lowering cortisol, normalizing serotonin, fixing digestion, etc. It's where we get our energy, not food.

We do actually need the energy from the Earth (magnetism), so no, it's not wrong to barefoot. The environment is the valid place to start, and that does encompass lifestyle factors, and gets in to all the economic, social and political stuff already mentioned.

It's all on raypeat.com