the mind racing at night

burtlancast

mamaherrera said:
But one thing is hair loss (shedding), but I don't want to have hair loss (permanent) stuff just from taking a pill.

That's a myth.
I've read Hoffer's book on niacin, and he does talk about people using niacinamide in order to avoid the flush.
There's not a single mention of permanent hair loss.

Up to now i've used niacin; i've got the improved sleep effect, toegether with a small loss of hair on my legs; the hair on my head is unchanged.

OP
M

mamaherrera

ok then maybe I'll give it a try. It's already in my prenatal vitamin, niacinamide 30mg, and it's in my B vitamins, so should I add more, or am I already getting it's benefits? (Then it's not helping me sleep any then, because I've been taking it with out realizing it). Funny, you noticed that you had small loss of hair on your legs, that's funny, but as long as you're FOR SURE you've had no loss of hair on your head. It's harder to notice no your head, as you have more of it. You would wonder anyways, why something that's good for you would cause a bad effect, no?? I have had hair loss from PCOS/estrogen dominance, and that's why I'm so weary of anything that would cause more, I'm trying to get it stronger and thicker now with this diet.

OP
M

mamaherrera

and one more question: what dosage does you all stay at as far as maintenance?? Do you have to keep taking it forever, or eventually do you stop taking it??

burtlancast

mamaherrera said:
and one more question: what dosage does you all stay at as far as maintenance?? Do you have to keep taking it forever, or eventually do you stop taking it??

You can go as high as 5 gr/day i believe.
But the best usage would be to start small ( 100mg) and build progressively until your sleep improves.

Personnally, i believe i'll never stop taking it.

Abram Hoffer took 3 g niacine/ day for about 40 years, right until his death at 92.