New Ray Peat site

chris

I like the charts and graphs but the consultation section makes me think you're just trying to make money and advertise on here. Do you have any medical/nutritional qualifications?

cliff

Key's my brother, he's much smarter than me and a lot less psycho haha :)

Chris- If you saw the amount of work he has put into it so far you wouldn't think that, the real info that counts is free. He's way smarter than any nutritional or medical professional I have ever talked to hahaha

Ray-Z

key: Good luck.

Chris: I like your cat picture. key is a knowledgeable guy and an asset to the Peat community. I'd value his advice more than that of a mis-educated person with flashy credentials. I'm not key's friend, and he probably has no idea who I am.

OP
K

key

chris said:
Do you have any medical/nutritional qualifications?

Nope(besides independent research and experimentation for 5 years). But if I was a registered dietitian I'd have to recommend heart healthy whole grains and fats right ;)

OP
K

key

chris said:
the consultation section makes me think you're just trying to make money and advertise on here.

Anyone who wants to do the research on their own can easily use diet software and my 24hr stress tracker and tweak their diet/fitness/lifestyle to get metabolic increase. If someone wants my personal advice $25 for lifetime feedback and troubleshooting is a steal. My goal is for people to reach a level of understanding where they can see the connection between diet/fitness/lifestyle and metabolic rate.

My intention wasn't to advertise and I could care less if not one person consulted with me(I don't need the money).

Dan W

I'm interested to see where your site goes, key. Couple quick ideas:
1) Perhaps link the quotations to the articles they're from? I was confused for a second about what the quotes were.
2) I'd like some way to "subscribe" to your site (maybe RSS/twitter/e-mail) so that I can find out when you've added a topic.

OP
K

key

Dan Wich said:
I'm interested to see where your site goes, key. Couple quick ideas:
1) Perhaps link the quotations to the articles they're from? I was confused for a second about what the quotes were.
2) I'd like some way to "subscribe" to your site (maybe RSS/twitter/e-mail) so that I can find out when you've added a topic.

If you click on the carbohydrates or essential fats text at the top on those sections it links to rays articles(glycemia and unsaturated fats). In the carbohydrate and meal frequency section the quotes aren't from one article but all quotes on the site are from Ray Peat(I wasn't sure if I sure make this known on the home page where it says inspired by ray peat, what do you think?) if you search the quote on his site using his google toolbar you'll find each specific article.

I just made a FB page(https://www.facebook.com/RayzofLight) for updates. I'll make a twitter too if you want?

Thanks for the feedback :D

4peatssake

cliff said:
Key's my brother, he's much smarter than me and a lot less psycho haha :)

Chris- If you saw the amount of work he has put into it so far you wouldn't think that, the real info that counts is free. He's way smarter than any nutritional or medical professional I have ever talked to hahaha

This endorsement is enough for me to spend $25 on myself! And it is an absolute steal of a deal!

Perhaps a "key" to the kingdom of well being - heh! ;)

chris

key - I misjudged you and your site. Seen a lot of bull**** on the internet so automatically skeptical. Good luck with it. :)

Dan W

Thanks Key, that makes sense, and I've subscribed to your facebook.

T

tobieagle

I like the content but i think you have to improve the outward appearance (is this word correct? :D i dont know) . The design looks a bit shabby and very dark (not very inviting).

Dont get me wrong, i cant do it better ^^ Just my first impression of the website.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Key, added your site to the links on the front page.

gretchen

The detailed explanations are good, probably at least as good or better than what's online. I don't mind the black background, and think the name of the blog and blog heading picture are good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals