LIGHT Search Engine - Help Support Indiegogo Campaign

co2islife

I've created a new campaign on Indiegogo to support the LIGHT search engine. You may not know this but in addition to all of the hours I put into LIGHT I spent over $5,000 of my own money to make it what it is today by employing my team of people who have worked for me in the past to make great products.

I now have plans to make LIGHT even more powerful with a ton of new content and new features that will benefit everyone who is interested in Ray Peat's work as well as bring more exposure to his work.

Here are a few things I'm adding:
  • Ray Peat is going to send me nearly 35 years of newsletters currently only in paper format. I'm going to digitalize it, triple check every word and send back to him in PDF and html format for his website. Additionally I'm going to index all of the material into the LIGHT search engine.
  • Bud Weiss have approximately 40 hours of interviews with Ray Peat. I'm going to transcribe and time-stamp every word and triple check it and index them into the LIGHT search engine.
  • Transcribe all of Danny Roddy's Generative Energy podcasts and index in search engine
  • Transribe other podcasts such as Chris Masterjohn's.
  • Increase the social highlighting features. You can create user and group accounts and create projects to find information about certain topics
  • LIGHT RESEARCH is a new forthcoming feature to organize research studies around certain topics created by the users. You can see all topics that particular studies support as well as other interconnections.
You can learn more about the project here.

LIGHT Search Engine - Health Research

There are a ton of new features to make LIGHT even more useful.

Amazoniac

Steve, what a great engine.
What LIGHT stands for? It's an anocr- acorn- an abbreviation for something, right?
Do you plan to add the possibility to search for a specific phrase in the future?
Why didn't you involve the forum in your endurance to make the project viable? Or in other words, why did you decide to ask for colaboration after the project was working instead of before? It must have been a lot of investment of all sorts.
Have you considered adding an option to donate there too? I mean, no better time to value your website than after finding something valuable thanks to it.
Do you know the model of the military relic radio that Ray uses exclusively for the KMUD interviews? He doesn't seem to use it on Danny's podcast.
Why is burtlan so smart?
Do you think that you have enough space for one of pboy's posts?

Last edited:
L

lollipop

@co2islife - just a head's up, and forgive me if you already know this: often these crowdfunding sites have a tricky policy. If you set a target amount and receive just one penny less, you will not receive ANY of the money. Read their policy carefully. Since you started with a fairly large amount, this might work to your disadvantage. Maybe you can create small goals, small campaigns related to one aspect of the search engine? So for example one campaign of 2,000 for uploading Ray's newsletter. Finish that and make another campaign of 1,000 for one aspect of the search functionality, etc. That spreads out the ask over time and does not feel so overwhelming for your supporters.

goodandevil

@co2islife - just a head's up, and forgive me if you already know this: often these crowdfunding sites have a tricky policy. If you set a target amount and receive just one penny less, you will not receive ANY of the money. Read their policy carefully. Since you started with a fairly large amount, this might work to your disadvantage. Maybe you can create small goals, small campaigns related to one aspect of the search engine? So for example one campaign of 2,000 for uploading Ray's newsletter. Finish that and make another campaign of 1,000 for one aspect of the search functionality, etc. That spreads out the ask over time and does not feel so overwhelming for your supporters.
Agreed.

OP
C

co2islife

My understanding is that with Indiegogo that you do not need to reach your goal. You receive the money no matter how much you collect which is why I set it up with different levels of funding. I know Kickstarter for example is different in that it is all or nothing. Good idea about spreading it out over smaller campaigns. That will mean trying to get continual support from the forum and other places besides LIGHT itself.

OP
C

co2islife

Steve, what a great engine.
What LIGHT stands for? It's an anocr- acorn- an abbreviation for something, right?
Do you plan to add the possibility to search for a specific phrase in the future?
Why didn't you involve the forum in your endurance to make the project viable? Or in other words, why did you decide to ask for colaboration after the project was working instead of before? It must have been a lot of investment of all sorts.
Have you considered adding an option to donate there too? I mean, no better time to value your website than after finding something valuable thanks to it.
Do you know the model of the military relic radio that Ray uses exclusively for the KMUD interviews? He doesn't seem to use it on Danny's podcast.
Why is burtlan so smart?
Do you think that you have enough space for one of pboy's posts?

LIGHT does not stand for anything. I chose the name LIGHT because my idea of highlighting the best parts of the internet. So it's like the LIGHT for the internet to find the most important parts since a lot of content online is filler to make an article and for SEO.

Yes it was quite an investment of time and money for a long period of time to get it up and running. I didn't feel right asking for money before it was developed because at that time it was an unproven concept. Now that a lot of people like it and see the value of it I'm only asking for support to continue making it exponentially better. Having a donation button is a good idea. I chose to put my products on there so people receive value for donating. All sales through LIGHT go directly back into it....developing new features and transcribing and time stamping new content. My goal was to be able to transcribe 100 to 200 hours of new material every month and make it searchable. This would include all of Danny Roddy's, Chris Masterjohns and many others.

I'm not familiar with the military relic radio model. What is that?

I believe you should be able to search for specific phrases.

Thanks,
Steve

Amazoniac

LIGHT does not stand for anything. I chose the name LIGHT because my idea of highlighting the best parts of the internet. So it's like the LIGHT for the internet to find the most important parts since a lot of content online is filler to make an article and for SEO.

Yes it was quite an investment of time and money for a long period of time to get it up and running. I didn't feel right asking for money before it was developed because at that time it was an unproven concept. Now that a lot of people like it and see the value of it I'm only asking for support to continue making it exponentially better. Having a donation button is a good idea. I chose to put my products on there so people receive value for donating. All sales through LIGHT go directly back into it....developing new features and transcribing and time stamping new content. My goal was to be able to transcribe 100 to 200 hours of new material every month and make it searchable. This would include all of Danny Roddy's, Chris Masterjohns and many others.

I'm not familiar with the military relic radio model. What is that?

I believe you should be able to search for specific phrases.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve, thanks for responding and it's nice that you're letting us know more about it, because it might be clear for you and the intentions that you have in mind, but for us it might not be as clear, such as purchasing something as a form of contribution to the project. It might have appeared more as a shop sneaked into the engine. That's also why I asked you why you didn't involve angels through its development, because people would grasp those things naturally. It's not that you own a justification or anything, it's just that if those things are more clear, perhaps people would feel more compelled to contribute. Either way your project is just as valuable.
It's also igmorance on my part to think that purchasing something from you would not support your other projects.
Anyway, I hope that you can swim in gold soon.

If this is already possible I missed it..
aguilaroja is flawless
aguilaroja is a unique wild animal that's tired of flawlessly absorb the blue portion of light.

"aguilaroja is flawless"
of all the known eagles, there are a few of them that are special. for example, aguilaroja is flawless in its flights and divings.​

The engine works as fast as Dan Wich's metabolism. Many times I kept waiting without realizing that the page has already refreshed with the results.

Last edited:
OP
C

co2islife

Steve, thanks for responding and it's nice that you're letting us know more about it, because it might be clear for you and the intentions that you have in mind, but for us it might not be as clear, such as purchasing something as a form of contribution to the project. It might have appeared more as a shop sneaked into the engine. That's also why I asked you why you didn't involve angels through its development, because people would grasp those things naturally. It's not that you own a justification or anything, it's just that if those things are more clear, perhaps people would feel more compelled to contribute. Either way your project is just as valuable.
It's also igmorance on my part to think that purchasing something from you would not support your other projects.
Anyway, I hope that you can swim in gold soon.

I'll look into the exact phrase match. That should work but I see it's not.

You make good points above. I will make it more clear on the website what the contributions are used for.

Thanks for all of the input.

Steve

OP
C

co2islife

Charlie why won't you answer any of of my messages regarding LIGHT. You have refused to answer me because I had production problems with Carbogenetics in the beginning. Many of your forum members use LIGHT. I have written you 7 times over the last two months with you responding to me. What's up? You seem to have an issue but you will not message me what it is.

Steve

OP
C

co2islife

I tried to write Matt. Charlie, did you remove my ability to start a conversation?

error.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals